• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Press Conference Quotes

havgrizfan said:
Yeah, cause soooooooo many coaches stand up there on signing day and talk about how thrilled and proud they are that kids they offered signed with someone else. Sooo many coaches stand up there at the podium and talk about other team's recruiting classes. So many coaches stand up there and wish kids well that they spent eight months recruiting yet went to another school, let alone their rival. Haha. Name one.

In fact, at a different presser today, I heard a coach being asked about a players that went to a rival school and he replied "We don't care about the kids who aren't here."

Oh how dare he! The nerve! I am going to be butt hurt for days over such a comment. Oh no I'm not, I'm a Griz and not a pussy....cat.

LongTimeCatFan said:
biga75 said:
EverettGriz said:
The quote of the entire day, when Stitt was asked about some Montana kids that didn't sign:

"We got outbid on a few kids. But we do not think a couple thousand dollars is worth giving up the chance to run through that tunnel. Some kids took the money; others took the opportunity to be the best". :thumb:

That sure got the butt hurt going over on BCN :lol: :lol:
Stitt on KRTV

Postby Mtcatfan on Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:15 pm
Saw the interview of Stitt on the Krtv sports broadcast. He commented that it was really too bad some kids chose to not run out of the hallowed tunnel for a few thousand bucks. He said they chose instead not to be champions. What an arrogant pr@#k. I didn't understand why people didn't like him. I know now. Wow! Would have been a good opportunity to wish some young men good luck with their choice. Seemed to be implying they chose MSU but didn't actually state it.

I can't wait for the day, which may not come until I'm old and gray, when we beat your ass on the field and Stitt still declares a victory.

Because you damn well know we beat your ass on in state recruiting this year, yet he still claims victory. So the delusion is top down? Or bottom up?

Kinda hypocritical from a fanbase that worshipped Kramer for that very same bombastic attitude. If you Cat fans can't see that Stitt's quote was tailor-made to piss you guys off (and you are consequently playing right into it), then you are more lost than I thought.

LongTimeCatFan said:
biga75 said:
EverettGriz said:
The quote of the entire day, when Stitt was asked about some Montana kids that didn't sign:

"We got outbid on a few kids. But we do not think a couple thousand dollars is worth giving up the chance to run through that tunnel. Some kids took the money; others took the opportunity to be the best". :thumb:

Stitt on KRTV

Saw the interview of Stitt on the Krtv sports broadcast. He commented that it was really too bad some kids chose to not run out of the hallowed tunnel for a few thousand bucks. He said they chose instead not to be champions. What an arrogant pr@#k. I didn't understand why people didn't like him. I know now. Wow! Would have been a good opportunity to wish some young men good luck with their choice. Seemed to be implying they chose MSU but didn't actually state it.

I can't wait for the day, which may not come until I'm old and gray, when we beat your ass on the field and Stitt still declares a victory.

Because you damn well know we beat your ass on in state recruiting this year, yet he still claims victory. So the delusion is top down? Or bottom up?

What signifies beating one's ass in in-state recruting? Are you saying because you guys signed 10 to our 6? So is it sheer volume then? Or are you saying the 10 you signed are far superior to our 6? If that's the case, how would you draw that conclusion when we really won't know for about 3 more years? I think the 6 the Griz got are pretty darn good. Nagler is the best receiver in the state. Rosling is an incredible DE with tremendous upside. Picked Bradshaw right out of your backyard and you can't tell me Cats didn't want him. Letextier and Lewis may just end up being the best of the bunch. Huge upside.

The Cats got some great in state recruits no doubt. I would have loved to see a few of them in maroon. But that doesn't mean I could claim which team cleaned up on in state Recruting. Like I said we won't know for a while. What if the 6 Griz dudes end up all Big Sky and the Cats only have 2 of their 10 achieve that? Does that mean you still beat our ass in in state Recruting?

havgrizfan said:
In fact, at a different presser today, I heard a coach being asked about a players that went to a rival school and he replied "We don't care about the kids who aren't here."

I wasn't able to watch the press conference, but this quote I found doesn't really have the same connotation that you're implying. Did you learn how to be a journalist or a sensationalist?

On Wednesday, second-year Montana head coach Bob Stitt proclaimed UM the victor in the in-state recruiting battle, saying the Griz signed “the five best players in Montana.” Choate did not agree but did not delve into an argument of justification.

“I’m not worried about the University of Montana,” Choate said. “I’m worried about Montana State and our kids here. I don’t see it as a competition between them and us. This is about the right kid for us at Montana State. If the fit is right, we will battle for that kid but at the end of the day, these decisions come down to these kids.”

http://skylinesportsmt.com/choates-first-recruiting-class-flush-with-in-state-products/

I think this sums up Choate's feeling on Stitt's declaration....

Kinsler-Brush-Shoulder-Off.gif

LongTimeCatFan said:
biga75 said:
EverettGriz said:

Stitt on KRTV

That's fine LTCF. You can claim victory in the in-state recruiting for 2016. We got some good MT kids for sure, but I have paid zero attention to who signed with MSU today because it really doesn't matter. Based on our overall 2016 class and recent history, it's probably safe to say that the new streak has begun and will continue.
I dont really care where the Griz recruits come from, they all have Montana on their jersey now :thumb: FTC

biga75 said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
biga75 said:
EverettGriz said:

Stitt on KRTV

That's fine LTCF. You can claim victory in the in-state recruiting for 2016. We got some good MT kids for sure, but I have paid zero attention to who signed with MSU today because it really doesn't matter. Based on our overall 2016 class and recent history, it's probably safe to say that the new streak has begun and will continue.
I dont really care where the Griz recruits come from, they all have Montana on their jersey now :thumb: FTC

Best post I've read on egriz in a week. :clap: I agree with that line of thinking. (Except the ftc and the new streak part ;))

MSU won the in state battle, but UM's overall class is better.

Bottom line is this is a very exciting day for a lot of young men who have been blessed with the opportunity to get an education for playing football.

At the social in Kalispell, Coach Stitt thanked us for sitting through the introduction of 31 new Griz recruits and added if we were Cats fans it would have only been half as many.

I fully agree with ILTC that MSU won the in-state recruiting battle. And I think several of those Montana kids are going to be outstanding football players for the Bobcats. Not all, but several. However, I do not feel like I got my ass beat in any way. Actually I feel pretty good. I can't find any bruises or broken bones of any kind tonight so ya. But, no doubt that MSU won that particular battle. I know Chase Benson and Balue Chapman are the two guys that Stitt really, really would have liked to have landed.

Having said that, and maybe this makes me a "bad Montanan" to some, but I just don't care that UM didn't win the in-state battle, for several reasons, and maybe they're just my own reasons and even a lot of Griz fans don't like me saying this, but, for every Marc Mariani (who obviously is very important to me) there was also a Joe Douglass or Matt Wells. For every Chase Reynolds, there was a Yohance Humphrey or Jordan Canada, for every Zack Wagenmann, there was a Tyrone Holmes. And while some aren't Montanan's by birth, they were all Griz legends and UM needed all of them to win games. I might be different than a lot of other Griz and Cat fans, but once they put on the Griz jersey, they are all Montanan's in my book.

The other reason I don't put as much emotion into the in-state recruiting battle as others do is, I don't by the whole "fans are turned off by the Griz recruiting less Montana players" thingy anymore. MSU has had more Montana-born kids for quite a while now and yet, Montana continues to lead the FCS in attendance, year-after-year-after year. Season tickets are still being purchased by folks from Sidney to Hamilton. It's not declining, and less Montana kids won't cause that decline, losing would, but not where kids are born. The attendance figures don't lie.

I didn't like the "outbid" comment. I know that, for at least a few, they made their decision based on the academic programs that MSU had that UM doesn't provide and/or had family ties to that school. You have to give MSU some credit for beating us out on some of those guys. However, I do believe that Stitt sincerely feels he signed the better class and I think most objective observers would say that UM's class is stronger overall.

havgrizfan said:
I fully agree with ILTC that MSU won the in-state recruiting battle. And I think several of those Montana kids are going to be outstanding football players for the Bobcats. Not all, but several. However, I do not feel like I got my ass beat in any way. Actually I feel pretty good. I can't find any bruises or broken bones of any kind tonight so ya. But, no doubt that MSU won that particular battle. I know Chase Benson and Balue Chapman are the two guys that Stitt really, really would have liked to have landed.

Having said that, and maybe this makes me a "bad Montanan" to some, but I just don't care that UM didn't win the in-state battle, for several reasons, and maybe they're just my own reasons and even a lot of Griz fans don't like me saying this, but, for every Marc Mariani (who obviously is very important to me) there was also a Joe Douglass or Matt Wells. For every Chase Reynolds, there was a Yohance Humphrey or Jordan Canada, for every Zack Wagenmann, there was a Tyrone Holmes. And while some aren't Montanan's by birth, they were all Griz legends and UM needed all of them to win games. I might be different than a lot of other Griz and Cat fans, but once they put on the Griz jersey, they are all Montanan's in my book.

The other reason I don't put as much emotion into the in-state recruiting battle as others do is, I don't by the whole "fans are turned off by the Griz recruiting less Montana players" thingy anymore. MSU has had more Montana-born kids for quite a while now and yet, Montana continues to lead the FCS in attendance, year-after-year-after year. Season tickets are still being purchased by folks from Sidney to Hamilton. It's not declining, and less Montana kids won't cause that decline, losing would, but not where kids are born. The attendance figures don't lie.

+1000

I am starting to think LTCF should stick with his fishing job, stick with BN and stick with staying away...might be an ok guy but he is a black cat on egriz!

Meh on the whole in-state recruiting battle, there's too many factors involved...classes offered, school ties, city ties, friends attending, competition at their position...these families have a lot to analyze before making their choice, and the Cat vs. Griz part is not always as big a factor as we would like to think.

I hope all the Montana kids get to play and do well, in the end I'm glad we got the kids we did...it looks like a great class on paper.

Sam, I watched like literally nine hours of signing day coverage today. I didn't see one single coach, not one, from Dabo to Saban to Meyer to Shaw and just about everyone in between, give credit to other schools for beating them out on recruits they were recruiting. On signing day, coaches talk about their teams. Why should Stitt be expected to be any different? I just don't get why anyone had an issue with talking about and praising the guys who committed to HIS team. That's the team he gets paid to coach and talk about. He was being no different than any other coach in America. In fact, Charlie Strong today spoke pretty brazenly about how many recruits they flipped from other schools in the last month.

Umista said:
I am starting to think LTCF should stick with his fishing job, stick with BN and stick with staying away...might be an ok guy but he is a black cat on egriz!

Im sorry Umista I'm sorry I'm still just flabbergasted
Stitt said...
Laughing-Then-Crying-Gif-Tumblr-04.gif

He got the best...
1085nxzjpgf.gif~c200

IN MONTANA
995d621e9201e4c505508b900a0166ec.jpg

I'm sorry.

I'm gonna go fishing now

CHEERS[emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]

Cat fans: I know you think you got the best State of Montana class. That can be debated, as is obvious. But, do you believe you got the best class in the State of Montana? Honest question.

CDAGRIZ said:
Cat fans: I know you think you got the best State of Montana class. That can be debated, as is obvious. But, do you believe you got the best class in the State of Montana? Honest question.

Nope, I already acknowledged that your overall class is better.

But there is no debating that fact or the fact that MSU won the in-state battle regardless of what Stitt says or excuses he makes.

havgrizfan said:
Sam, I watched like literally nine hours of signing day coverage today. I didn't see one single coach, not one, from Dabo to Saban to Meyer to Shaw and just about everyone in between, give credit to other schools for beating them out on recruits they were recruiting. On signing day, coaches talk about their teams. Why should Stitt be expected to be any different? I just don't get why anyone had an issue with talking about and praising the guys who committed to HIS team. That's the team he gets paid to coach and talk about. He was being no different than any other coach in America. In fact, Charlie Strong today spoke pretty brazenly about how many recruits they flipped from other schools in the last month.

I have no problem with any of that. I don't even have a problem with him saying he got the 5 best. I don't like the excuse that he got outbid. He didn't lose on some of the players because of scholly money offer. Even if he did lose a couple over a few $K, I don't like that he implied the reasoning on the kid's decision being money based. It was a bit tacky.

LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Nope, I already acknowledged that your overall class is better.

But there is no debating that fact or the fact that MSU won the in-state battle regardless of what Stitt says or excuses he makes.

Cool. I don't read every post, sorry. I'm just glad UM objectively has the better class.
So, this must be Choate's first failure in beating Montana every day, right? Or, does he characterize that literally? If so, it might be, at least, his 20th-25th failure. Are people on Bobcatville pissed that their new HC already isn't getting the job done?

Back