• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Press Conference Quotes

CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Cat fans: I know you think you got the best State of Montana class. That can be debated, as is obvious. But, do you believe you got the best class in the State of Montana? Honest question.

Nope, I already acknowledged that your overall class is better.

But there is no debating that fact or the fact that MSU won the in-state battle regardless of what Stitt says or excuses he makes.

Cool. I don't read every post, sorry. I'm just glad UM objectively has the better class.
So, this must be Choate's first failure in beating Montana every day, right? Or, does he characterize that literally? If so, it might be, at least, his 20th-25th failure. Are people on Bobcatville pissed that their new HC already isn't getting the job done?

Ha! He's holding on to about 7 scholarships right now so I don't think we're done yet. ;)

He didn't seem like he was concerned at all about how green your grass might be. He seemed more concerned about his own grass.

Ya know what I'm saying?

LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Cat fans: I know you think you got the best State of Montana class. That can be debated, as is obvious. But, do you believe you got the best class in the State of Montana? Honest question.

But there is no debating that fact or the fact that MSU won the in-state battle regardless of what Stitt says or excuses he makes.

Cool. I don't read every post, sorry. I'm just glad UM objectively has the better class.
So, this must be Choate's first failure in beating Montana every day, right? Or, does he characterize that literally? If so, it might be, at least, his 20th-25th failure. Are people on Bobcatville pissed that their new HC already isn't getting the job done?

Ha! He's holding on to about 7 scholarships right now so I don't think we're done yet. ;)

He didn't seem like he was concerned at all about how green your grass might be. He seemed more concerned about his own grass.

Ya know what I'm saying?

Yeah, it's only a matter of time before that crude patch job on the Reno H. Sales turf claims an ACL or two. He should get Waded to fix that. Seriously, man, I've been asking of three years now: WTF is the deal with two different lengths of turf over there? Looks worse than the NE bleachers. I know it's artificial, but couldn't they still just run a mower over the patches?

Sam A. Blitz said:
I didn't like the "outbid" comment. I know that, for at least a few, they made their decision based on the academic programs that MSU had that UM doesn't provide and/or had family ties to that school. You have to give MSU some credit for beating us out on some of those guys. However, I do believe that Stitt sincerely feels he signed the better class and I think most objective observers would say that UM's class is stronger overall.
I think he's referring to some cases where he offered partials and expected them to come because We Are Montana rather than accept a full ride to a lesser program.

CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

Ya know what I'm saying?

Yeah, it's only a matter of time before that crude patch job on the Reno H. Sales turf claims an ACL or two. He should get Waded to fix that. Seriously, man, I've been asking of three years now: WTF is the deal with two different lengths of turf over there? Looks worse than the NE bleachers. I know it's artificial, but couldn't they still just run a mower over the patches?

I think it's up for replacement next year

LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Ya know what I'm saying?

Nice! Thank goodness. Maybe they will lose the 1984 thing. Whether it happened or not, it's weird to have it on the actual field.

kemajic said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
I didn't like the "outbid" comment. I know that, for at least a few, they made their decision based on the academic programs that MSU had that UM doesn't provide and/or had family ties to that school. You have to give MSU some credit for beating us out on some of those guys. However, I do believe that Stitt sincerely feels he signed the better class and I think most objective observers would say that UM's class is stronger overall.
I think he's referring to some cases where he offered partials and expected them to come because We Are Montana rather than accept a full ride to a lesser program.

Except we all know that we both offered full scholarships to several kids. I think the only one that MSU offered a full ride and UM didn't as far as I recall was the Colstrip lineman.

CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

Ya know what I'm saying?

Nice! Thank goodness. Maybe they will lose the 1984 thing. Whether it happened or not, it's weird to have it on the actual field.

Naw, we're keeping that sum bitch. It's so long ago, we need a reminder that we used to be great.... Long.... ago ;)

LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Naw, we're keeping that sum bitch. It's so long ago, we need a reminder that we used to be great.... Long.... ago ;)

:lol: Fair enough. I keep my photoshopped pic of the grassy knoll shooter framed as well.

CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

:lol: Fair enough. I keep my photoshopped pic of the grassy knoll shooter framed as well.

Was it Elvis? It was Elvis wasn't it?

I KNEW IT!!!!

Cats had the better in-state class, Griz had the overall better class.

Easily settled. And all the arguing over kids who haven't even suited up for either team yet. Who knows how these classes will actually shake out.

Sam A. Blitz said:
havgrizfan said:
Sam, I watched like literally nine hours of signing day coverage today. I didn't see one single coach, not one, from Dabo to Saban to Meyer to Shaw and just about everyone in between, give credit to other schools for beating them out on recruits they were recruiting. On signing day, coaches talk about their teams. Why should Stitt be expected to be any different? I just don't get why anyone had an issue with talking about and praising the guys who committed to HIS team. That's the team he gets paid to coach and talk about. He was being no different than any other coach in America. In fact, Charlie Strong today spoke pretty brazenly about how many recruits they flipped from other schools in the last month.

I have no problem with any of that. I don't even have a problem with him saying he got the 5 best. I don't like the excuse that he got outbid. He didn't lose on some of the players because of scholly money offer. Even if he did lose a couple over a few $K, I don't like that he implied the reasoning on the kid's decision being money based. It was a bit tacky.

This. It makes Bob's Titt look small and weak. The guy reminds of a grease ball used car sales man with a gimmicky offense. Glad he wears dark pink and a sweet green hat.

Anyone else somewhat pleased that Stitt is causing massive butthurt over on BCN?

They may claim it's just his comments but we all know it's more than that... they see what's coming....a Stitt-storm is headed their way :mrgreen:

I haven't seen this level of butthurt since Hauck was coach over here. I think that's a good sign...

The cats hated Hauck with a passion...even so many of them hated the idea of him being their own coach (which they'd be lucky to have instead of coach Chaode) when it was jokingly suggested.

The cats seem to absolutely despise Stitt so far too. Hmmm... I like where this is going :p

I say that as someone who was hoping Hauck would get the job here btw...but I like what Stitt has done so far, his attitude & confidence and the fact that the cat fans despise him already!

Potomac Griz said:
Anyone else somewhat pleased that Stitt is causing massive butthurt over on BCN?

They may claim it's just his comments but we all know it's more than that... they see what's coming....a Stitt-storm is headed their way :mrgreen:

I haven't seen this level of butthurt since Hauck was coach over here. I think that's a good sign...

The cats hated Hauck with a passion...even so much many of them hated the idea of him being their own coach (which they'd be lucky to have instead of coach Chaode).

The cats seem to absolutely despise Stitt so far too. Hmmm... I like where this is going :p

I say that as someone who was hoping Hauck would get the job here btw...but I like what Stitt has done so far, his attitude & confidence and the fact that the cat fans despise him already!

It is a pleasant surprise, this early hatred. Kinda cool. :clap:

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Potomac Griz said:

The cats hated Hauck with a passion...even so much many of them hated the idea of him being their own coach (which they'd be lucky to have instead of coach Chaode).

It is a pleasant surprise, this early hatred. Kinda cool. :clap:

Yup, for sure! Not only is he busting ass to improve this program and hopefully get it back to competing for a national championship, he's giving us entertainment in the form of Bobcat tears, anguish and anger during the off-season!

rXNCOt9.jpg

LongTimeCatFan said:
He's holding on to about 7 scholarships right now so I don't think we're done yet.
That's right! I forgot about the "tryouts" you guys are having. Gotta save some space for the winners you'll get from there.

garizzalies said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
He's holding on to about 7 scholarships right now so I don't think we're done yet.
That's right! I forgot about the "tryouts" you guys are having. Gotta save some space for the winners you'll get from there.

:lol:

Solid work, gar!

Latest posts

Back