• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Press Conference Quotes

LongTimeCatFan said:
NativeGriz said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
NativeGriz said:
IMO, this is smart, though 7 seems like a significant number. Every year there are a few kids that shake out of an FBS program, cats are in a position to grab a few.

That number is going to be bigger after spring ball too.

https://youtu.be/4jX-a_cmE94

Sounds like he's identified some kids that he wants to get.
It depends on where he puts those schollies, More HS recruits in hopes of building a program for tomorrow or more transfers with hopes of competing next year. We all know how those transfers panned out last year for the cats. If he brings in 7 more transfers, that would be double digit transfers two years in a roll and I see failure if that approach is taken.

The difference between this staff and the last staff is the have connections to the Pac12 and those coaches can recommend some dudes that are buried on the depth chart.
This will definitely be the worst recruiting class Choate will have (that's a good thing). You guys got the better in-state players in my view. Benson, Chapman, and Jobman will be impact players. Will be interesting to see what Choate (and Gregorek) do with a full spring, summer, fall to recruit.

Let's let them take the field, play some ball for a while before anyone's class gets anointed best. I hope they're all good, but comparisons like this aren't about numbers, it's about production on the field against the next level of competition.

garizzalies said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
He looks like that pissed off cat fan standing up in WA GRIZ from 2014
It's called going "vimsane"

Whenever I am feeling a little down, and need a boost, I fire up the DVR and watch Angry Man.

BWahlberg said:
Cats had the better in-state class, Griz had the overall better class.

Easily settled. And all the arguing over kids who haven't even suited up for either team yet. Who knows how these classes will actually shake out.
1 Elite player in the state of Montana this year Andrew Grinde Yale wins the in-state recruiting all the rest are projects. Cats have the most invested and stand to lose the most if none pan out. Griz reload if none pan out.

mrknowitall said:
BWahlberg said:
Cats had the better in-state class, Griz had the overall better class.

Easily settled. And all the arguing over kids who haven't even suited up for either team yet. Who knows how these classes will actually shake out.
1 Elite player in the state of Montana this year Andrew Grinde Yale wins the in-state recruiting all the rest are projects. Cats have the most invested and stand to lose the most if none pan out. Griz reload if none pan out.

If he was so elite, why didn't Grinde pick Dartmouth? Just asking... Mr. Know-it-all.

LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Cool. I don't read every post, sorry. I'm just glad UM objectively has the better class.
So, this must be Choate's first failure in beating Montana every day, right? Or, does he characterize that literally? If so, it might be, at least, his 20th-25th failure. Are people on Bobcatville pissed that their new HC already isn't getting the job done?

Ha! He's holding on to about 7 scholarships right now so I don't think we're done yet. ;)

He didn't seem like he was concerned at all about how green your grass might be. He seemed more concerned about his own grass.

Ya know what I'm saying?

Yeah, it's only a matter of time before that crude patch job on the Reno H. Sales turf claims an ACL or two. He should get Waded to fix that. Seriously, man, I've been asking of three years now: WTF is the deal with two different lengths of turf over there? Looks worse than the NE bleachers. I know it's artificial, but couldn't they still just run a mower over the patches?

I think it's up for replacement next year
The team?

The coach?

Or, the turf?

Fuck...at what point do we finally say "them poor bitches"? No, I'm not talking about Gwen. Kinda. Sorta. Not really. But, kinda, as well.

CDAGRIZ:
Yeah, it's only a matter of time before that crude patch job on the Reno H. Sales turf claims an ACL or two. He should get Waded to fix that. Seriously, man, I've been asking of three years now: WTF is the deal with two different lengths of turf over there? Looks worse than the NE bleachers. I know it's artificial, but couldn't they still just run a mower over the patches?

Wouldn't it be easier to string some electric fence around the high spots and turn out some of their cheerleaders? :roll:

Ursa Major said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Ha! He's holding on to about 7 scholarships right now so I don't think we're done yet. ;)

He didn't seem like he was concerned at all about how green your grass might be. He seemed more concerned about his own grass.

Ya know what I'm saying?

I think it's up for replacement next year
The team?

The coach?

Or, the turf?

Is there a poll question here?

Back