• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Press Conference this afternoon... Stitt is Gone

AZGrizFan said:
i_the_sky said:
Pay close attention!

2003 T1st BSC. L 1st round FCS playoffs...
2004 T1st BSC L FCS Championship...
2005 T 1st BSC L 1st round FCS playoffs...
2006 1st BSC L FCS semifinal...
2007 1st BSC. L 1ST ROUND FCS playoffs...
2008 T 1st BSC L FCS Championship...
2009 1st BSC L FCS Championship...
2006,2008 & 2009 8-0 BSC undefeated!!!
* Hauck never lost a BSC championship in all his time at Montana!!
*Hauck went to the FCS playoffs every year he was at Montana!!!
*Hauck played in the FCS National champoionship

8 years ago the focus was completely on the fact he was 0-3 in NC games. The rest was all just entitled window dressing. My how times have changed...now we BEG for a guy who could never win the big one to come back and do it again. :lol: Seriously, you can’t make this shit up.
:roll:

Topey711 said:
I didn't see the press conference so I have a question for those who did. Did Haslam say anything about current offers to recruits? I know the Cats AD immediately stated that all offers would stand after firing Ash. It could go a long way towards keeping those commitments. Unless of course the new coach goes in a completely new direction, then it might be better to let him keep those he wants.

Justin Green will continue to work with recruiting is what he said. Chad Germer has been asked to "hold down the day to day fort".

He said he felt no need to name an interim head coach since the season is over.

i_the_sky said:
Pay close attention!

2003 T1st BSC. L 1st round FCS playoffs...
2004 T1st BSC L FCS Championship...
2005 T 1st BSC L 1st round FCS playoffs...
2006 1st BSC L FCS semifinal...
2007 1st BSC. L 1ST ROUND FCS playoffs...
2008 T 1st BSC L FCS Championship...
2009 1st BSC L FCS Championship...
2006,2008 & 2009 8-0 BSC undefeated!!!
* Hauck never lost a BSC championship in all his time at Montana!!
*Hauck went to the FCS playoffs every year he was at Montana!!!
*Hauck played in the FCS National champoionship

That was then......................

grizeyes said:
I read in another thread that there is nothing here to celebrate, and I agree, for now anyway. I wasn't a big Stitt fan but both the players and coach Stitt, and their families, have some tough days and nights ahead of them. This was Stitt's dream, to coach at Montana. Our beloved Griz will move on and so will the coach. I hope and pray it's all for the better for both the Griz and coach Stitt. Time will tell.

I don't feel so good about UM. It was bad enough when Engstrom was there. This is a new low as far as I'm concerned. Winning is everything but other schools also play well because UM set a high standard for the BSC. Hauck or no, UM will still be just another fish in a small pond.

George Ferguson said:
Topey711 said:
I didn't see the press conference so I have a question for those who did. Did Haslam say anything about current offers to recruits? I know the Cats AD immediately stated that all offers would stand after firing Ash. It could go a long way towards keeping those commitments. Unless of course the new coach goes in a completely new direction, then it might be better to let him keep those he wants.

Justin Green will continue to work with recruiting is what he said. Chad Germer has been asked to "hold down the day to day fort".

He said he felt no need to name an interim head coach since the season is over.
I believe he also said offers to recruits would be honored, thats who we are, we are Montana. To me it was pretty clear that keeping Justin in charge is a clear signal to the recruits how important they are.

The knock on BH was indeed that he never won the big one. The difference between Hauck and Stitt is that Hauck always put us in a position to do so!!

Gaeilge1 said:
The knock on BH was indeed that he never won the big one. The difference between Hauck and Stitt is that Hauck always put us in a position to do so!!

But 9 years ago that wasn't good enough.

My how times change and expectations have been lowered.

AZGrizFan said:
Gaeilge1 said:

This is the essence of the problem IMO.

Also, I remember the "cant win the big one" stuff. I think it was a vocal minority. I know I enjoyed the hell out of Chattanooga...

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Gaeilge1 said:

Also, I remember the "cant win the big one" stuff. I think it was a vocal minority. I know I enjoyed the hell out of Chattanooga...
I hear Frisco is nice this time of year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dupuyer griz said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Gaeilge1 said:

I hear Frisco is nice this time of year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
Gaeilge1 said:

Wasn't good enough for Alpha. So what....

AZGrizFan said:
Gaeilge1 said:

This. I find it fascinating that Bobby-the-bad-guy has, in less than a decade, become the-perfect-coach.

'68griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Gaeilge1 said:

This. I find it fascinating that Bobby-the-bad-guy has, in less than a decade, become the-perfect-coach.
And after his stint at UNLV.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Gaeilge1 said:

That's simply revisionist history. He most certainly was NOT alone in his thoughts...

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Gaeilge1 said:

That's simply revisionist history. He most certainly was NOT alone in his thoughts...

I need some context for this. I remember it, but faintly.

Did BH get more heat for not winning NC's than Stitt for the last couple of seasons?

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

Did BH get more heat for not winning NC's than Stitt for the last couple of seasons?

I'd say YES......but only from the boards.....

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

It was Alpha who nicknamed him BGB (Big Game Bob) because of his inability to win the big one. He was routinely roasted on here for his unimaginative offenses, his inability to make halftime adjustments, his brusqueness with the players, his shitty relationship with the media...etc., etc. Sound familiar? :lol:

Back