• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Press Conference this afternoon... Stitt is Gone

Glendivegriz said:
Haslem just brought up one big reason for a change. Said 26000 in the seats is crucial for the University and community.

So they are going to lower ticket prices & stop bringing in Valpo & Savannah St.?

Press Conference, Kent Haslam:

Said Stitt handled the firing with total class. Wanted to thank Stitt for creating a great culture of togetherness, and wants to keep that going forward.

Haslam wants to

--get UM's Toughness/Swagger BACK.
--win BSC Championships
--go to playoffs

Stated that UM is
--a wonderful place to be (Facilities, Fans), a premiere FCS place.
--future is bright
--foundation is solid

No timeline for hire, but acknowledged that there is a first ever upcoming Dec 20 early signing period.

Excited for the new UM President Bodnar
--advance the mission of the Univ
--increase enrollment, so there will be more money (fees)
--26,000 attendance is critical to this University and small city

Future is bright
--Champions Center
--Academic Center
--New Turf

We'll launch forward with the new hire

It's not the same BSC any longer, these teams are much improved, and former member re-joins
--SUU
--Weber
--SAC ST
--EWU
--IDAHO

=================================================

GO GRIZ

Pay close attention!

2003 T1st BSC. L 1st round FCS playoffs...
2004 T1st BSC L FCS Championship...
2005 T 1st BSC L 1st round FCS playoffs...
2006 1st BSC L FCS semifinal...
2007 1st BSC. L 1ST ROUND FCS playoffs...
2008 T 1st BSC L FCS Championship...
2009 1st BSC L FCS Championship...
2006,2008 & 2009 8-0 BSC undefeated!!!
* Hauck never lost a BSC championship in all his time at Montana!!
*Hauck went to the FCS playoffs every year he was at Montana!!!
*Hauck played in the FCS National champoionship

While I am not sorry to see Coach Stitt go I do feel sorry him and his family as well the assistant's and their families.

To this year's and next year's early recruits I can only say that you are still very welcome and I hope you all decide to stay. Montana Football is and always will be a special fraternity and those who elect to participate have joined a family that cherishes its history and revels in its future! That future will be made all the better if you all stay! You will all be able to help shape an exciting new chapter in the long history of Grizzly Football!!

i_the_sky said:
Pay close attention!
Bobby Hauck =
* Hauck will need time to recruit running backs as he is more run oriented and Stitt doesn't have a running back...

Gaeilge1 said:
While I am not sorry to see Coach Stitt go I do feel sorry him and his family as well the assistant's and their families.

To this year's and next year's early recruits I can only say that you are still very welcome and I hope you all decide to stay. Montana Football is and always will be a special fraternity and those who elect to participate have joined a family that cherishes its history and revels in its future! That future will be made all the better if you all stay! You will all be able to help shape an exciting new chapter in the long history of Grizzly Football!!

Hear - Hear... and Dilly, Dilly!!

i_the_sky said:
i_the_sky said:
Pay close attention!
Bobby Hauck =
*Hauck played ifor the FCS National champoionship 3 times in 7 years!
* Hauck will need time to recruit running backs as he is more run oriented and Stitt doesn't have a running back...

I would've been ok with running the Stitt experiment for another year. However, the prospect of Hauck coming back is exciting. He was great when he was here, he's gained valuable experience in his time away, and he'll return to a Montana that features some facility upgrades. I hope it's true. Hauck never got the NC and has some unfinished business in Missoula.

I read in another thread that there is nothing here to celebrate, and I agree, for now anyway. I wasn't a big Stitt fan but both the players and coach Stitt, and their families, have some tough days and nights ahead of them. This was Stitt's dream, to coach at Montana. Our beloved Griz will move on and so will the coach. I hope and pray it's all for the better for both the Griz and coach Stitt. Time will tell.

I didn't see the press conference so I have a question for those who did. Did Haslam say anything about current offers to recruits? I know the Cats AD immediately stated that all offers would stand after firing Ash. It could go a long way towards keeping those commitments. Unless of course the new coach goes in a completely new direction, then it might be better to let him keep those he wants.

Topey711 said:
I didn't see the press conference so I have a question for those who did. Did Haslam say anything about current offers to recruits? I know the Cats AD immediately stated that all offers would stand after firing Ash. It could go a long way towards keeping those commitments. Unless of course the new coach goes in a completely new direction, then it might be better to let him keep those he wants.

So far the recruits seem solid on being a Griz... Could change when new coach is found.

Paytonlives said:
Topey711 said:

So far the recruits seem solid on being a Griz... Could change when new coach is found.

Thanks for keeping us updated on them

go4two said:
Paytonlives said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ThayneJackson/status/932747853314662400[/tweet]

Thayne is going to love Bobby's smash mouth type of ball! No more f'ing zone blocking Thayne!

Bobby's teams did more zone blocking than anything else.

i_the_sky said:
Pay close attention!

8 years ago the focus was completely on the fact he was 0-3 in NC games. The rest was all just entitled window dressing. My how times have changed...now we BEG for a guy who could never win the big one to come back and do it again. :lol: Seriously, you can’t make this shit up.

Back