• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rando Tourney Talk

my rig decided it wanted to spend the day with my mechanic so I decided to work from home - watch hoops. really hoping that Providence takes Texas A&M to the woodshed. still thinking about that NIT loss and their trash talking fans that showed up here.

Marshall may make Sweet 16. Not sure WVU is the toughest round of 32 draw. That is if they can beat Murray State

Wichita State (a 4 seed) made a glitch in our bracket by losing to Marshall, but we dodged a bullet when Nevada (7 seed) won in OT against 10th seed Texas.

Overall, we're doing really well, having picked some key upsets (like #10 Butler over #7 Arkansas).

Not likely to last, but UMBC (Maryland-Baltimore County) is draining treys from all over the place (shooting 8 for 16) and currently leading the "top" #1 seed 38-24. Still 16 min in the game, but right now it's history in the making since UMBC is a #16 seed.

mtgrizrule said:
They destroyed Virginia!!!! History is made!!! #goUMBC...........love it!!!!!!
Un-f'ing-believeable. UMBC was RPI rank about 114, with an SOS of about 244. Virginia had an RPI rank of #1, BPI of 2 and an SOS 6.

I wonder if anybody's bracket survived this one. Ours sure didn't.

IdaGriz01 said:
mtgrizrule said:
They destroyed Virginia!!!! History is made!!! #goUMBC...........love it!!!!!!
Un-f'ing-believeable. UMBC was RPI rank about 114, with an SOS of about 244. Virginia had an RPI rank of #1, BPI of 2 and an SOS 6.

I wonder if anybody's bracket survived this one. Ours sure didn't.

I thought VA would lose in the 2nd round, as soon as I heard of the injury.

CBS "A TEAM" doing commentary too! Does this replace "The Miracle On Ice" as the biggest upset in sports history? I say it does.

From the opening tip, UMBC looked like they never even considered the fact that they would lose the game. Not only did they beat UVA, they blew them straight out of the gym! Amazing times. I love this tournament.

CDAGRIZ said:
From the opening tip, UMBC looked like they never even considered the fact that they would lose the game. Not only did they beat UVA, they blew them straight out of the gym! Amazing times. I love this tournament.

How many millions did Coach Ryan Odom just earn himself? He just won the lottery. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
Absolutely, totally agree.

Best of all, when UMBC got down to like 5-6 min left in the game, they did not go into "prevent" mode and try to protect their lead. They kept doing "what brung them," kept hitting shots and (perhaps overlooked) kept scrapping for rebounds and missed shots.

I do not like Syracuse. When I picked against them I thought to myself, self, you are probably going to regret that. :x

Back