• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rando Tourney Talk

cmtgrizzly said:
I do not like Syracuse. When I picked against them I thought to myself, self, you are probably going to regret that. :x
Except when Boehiem has monster talent, good teams who really understand his zone scheme can win games against him. But usually he has pretty good talent, so his teams win a lot of games.

Trouble is, until you really face it "live," you just do not know how to work against it. At times, TCU seemed to have some answers, but they never quite "got" it.

IdaGriz01 said:
cmtgrizzly said:
I do not like Syracuse. When I picked against them I thought to myself, self, you are probably going to regret that. :x
Except when Boehiem has monster talent, good teams who really understand his zone scheme can win games against him. But usually he has pretty good talent, so his teams win a lot of games.

Trouble is, until you really face it "live," you just do not know how to work against it. At times, TCU seemed to have some answers, but they never quite "got" it.

Yep but I prefer they lose

Kentucky has pulled away and it may be too late for a Buffalo run. Sigh ... good for our bracket, would still love to have seen an upset here.

At least the other two games are still close.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Loyola Chicago is up on Tennessee with under 5 to go. Who are these guys?
Real tight now, but basically Lo-Chic got the lead and held it by absolutely out-hustling the Vols. We've seen Tennessee play several times now and that seems to be part of their make-up. They have great talent, but they also go through periods where they just do not seem to have any energy.

IdaGriz01 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Loyola Chicago is up on Tennessee with under 5 to go. Who are these guys?
Real tight now, but basically Lo-Chic got the lead and held it by absolutely out-hustling the Vols. We've seen Tennessee play several times now and that seems to be part of their make-up. They have great talent, but they also go through periods where they just do not seem to have any energy.
Well, I'll be damned! We took a flyer on an upset here ... Tennessee scared us at the end, but it paid off. This was a case where the numbers heavily favored the Vols, but they had just not looked that impressive. They won, but just did not impress. Conversely, Loyola looked like they were on a roll. Turns out, they were/are. (Of course, it's easier to pick crazy upsets when you don't have any actual money on the line.)

HelenaHandBasket said:
Michigan looks like trash.
Another ugly game -- Houston not looking so good either. They're making only about a third of their shots, while Michigan is 34% on twos, 24% on treys. Refs have called 25 fouls, at about 7 min into the 2nd half.

Yeah Michigan needs to figure out the offensive side of the ball and soon. They dont want this to come down to freethrows in a tight game

cmtgrizzly said:
Yeah Michigan needs to figure out the offensive side of the ball and soon. They dont want this to come down to freethrows in a tight game
Yep. Houston has upped their shooting on treys (now a respectable 44%), while Michigan continues to suck. Not sure how they're still in this game (but they are).

IdaGriz01 said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Yep. Houston has upped their shooting on treys (now a respectable 44%), while Michigan continues to suck. Not sure how they're still in this game (but they are).

Griz didn't score for over 10 minutes, and were still in it against Michigan....Michigan was suppose to be good...they aren't.

SACCAT66 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Griz didn't score for over 10 minutes, and were still in it against Michigan....Michigan was suppose to be good...they aren't.

Agree they may not be the best three seed but to say they arent good is probably not right. They are clearly a defensive oriented team and they do play good D.

SACCAT66 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Well, their style certainly makes games look like s**t. On the other hand, as of right now, they have won 29 games. Not bad for a team that "isn't good."

Latest posts

Back