• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Reese Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlanta Griz1

I just went back on Rivals and watched the video for Reese Phillips. This kid has incredible touch on long passes, has a real feel for avoiding pressure in the pocket, and can run the ball. He has skills that Brady does not have, and throws a much better deep ball than Brady. This video should show you all you need to know about why I predict that Reese will be starting by mid-season. Watch & enjoy.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/14946/videos

I hope you are right because competition at every position is the best way to improve the overall level of play and if Reese is the starter than we know we have a capable backup in Brady. I hope Gresch Jensen learns the system fast and puts pressure on the other guys as well. We need a quality two-deep roster at every position.

The vids always look good, but he does look talented. Listed as a "Pro-style Quarterback."

UMGriz75 said:
The vids always look good, but he does look talented. Listed as a "Pro-style Quarterback."

If you watched the entire video, you have to be impressed with number of 25+/yard completions Phillips threw for in high school. Even more impressive was that he hit the receiver on the dead run in almost every case. There was none of the WR slowing to catch an under-thrown pass........ he hit them in full stride. Another quality he showed in these clips was the ability to roll left and complete accurate long passes throwing "across his body". Gus can not do this.

He'll be starting well before mid-season. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts the first game. More likely the first game than mid-season.

getgrizzy said:
He'll be starting well before mid-season. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts the first game. More likely the first game than mid-season.

You might be kidding, but I don't think Stitt will bench Brady for the first game..... until we see more of the 57% completion percentage, and missed short passes.

Phillips would not have left Kentucky unless they recruited a very highly-rated 4-star QB, and he saw the hand-writing on the wall. In my opinion, Phillips is the best FBS drop-down QB we have recruited since Ochs.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
getgrizzy said:

You might be kidding, but I don't think Stitt will bench Brady for the first game..... until we see more of the 57% completion percentage, and missed short passes.

Phillips would not have left Kentucky unless they recruited a very highly-rated 4-star QB, and he saw the hand-writing on the wall. In my opinion, Phillips is the best FBS drop-down QB we have recruited since Ochs.
It's more likely he'll be starting the season opener than waiting until mid-season to start. Worst case - He'll go in against St. Francis after we build a lead and be impressive. The first time Gus struggles, probably in our second game at No. Iowa, Stitt will yank Gus and Phillips will have the job.

I think he's very talented and is a great pick up for the Griz. I do remember reading about his accuracy. I want to say it was somewhere in the 70% range in HS. That is impressive at any level. Will be interesting what Stitt does with him. I don't think he starts over Gus unless Gus gets hurt...but if comes in with that scenario and plays well I'm not sure Gus would get the spot back. These are good problems to have.

HookedonGriz said:
I think he's very talented and is a great pick up for the Griz. I do remember reading about his accuracy. I want to say it was somewhere in the 70% range in HS. That is impressive at any level. Will be interesting what Stitt does with him. I don't think he starts over Gus unless Gus gets hurt...but if comes in with that scenario and plays well I'm not sure Gus would get the spot back. These are good problems to have.
He completed 63% as a senior, 71% as a junior.

grizcountry420 said:
So is this thread about praising Reese Phillips or bashing Brady?

Should be about 1, will deteriorate to 2. Completely predictable.

Gus is the starter...will remain as such unless injured.

Reese is a superb Griz recruit...we are damn lucky to have him.

/end thread.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
He definitely needs to work on his footwork A LOT!

RonScottCementBlocks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back