• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Reese Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
HookedonGriz said:
I think he's very talented and is a great pick up for the Griz. I do remember reading about his accuracy. I want to say it was somewhere in the 70% range in HS. That is impressive at any level. Will be interesting what Stitt does with him. I don't think he starts over Gus unless Gus gets hurt...but if comes in with that scenario and plays well I'm not sure Gus would get the spot back. These are good problems to have.

I concur. I predict Gus will start every game unless he gets injured. However, I am sure they'll be a "QB Controversy" at some point.....

CV Griz Fan said:
HookedonGriz said:
I think he's very talented and is a great pick up for the Griz. I do remember reading about his accuracy. I want to say it was somewhere in the 70% range in HS. That is impressive at any level. Will be interesting what Stitt does with him. I don't think he starts over Gus unless Gus gets hurt...but if comes in with that scenario and plays well I'm not sure Gus would get the spot back. These are good problems to have.

I concur. I predict Gus will start every game unless he gets injured. However, I am sure they'll be a "QB Controversy" at some point.....

Well, hell. That would happen if Betty Boop were the backup.

Growler, if you're so confident, take the bet I offered you. It's $50. I will even meet you at Hammer's tailgate the first game and he can hold the money so you KNOW you'll get paid if I lose the bet.

I know highlight films are supposed to show positives, but, he never threw one incompletion on the entire film. Lots of editing! How good is he really?

What was his passing percentages in the spring scrimmages? How many interceptions did he throw? Did BG throw any interceptions? Phillips was probably playing behind the second team o-line at least some of the time.

PlayerRep said:
What was his passing percentages in the spring scrimmages? How many interceptions did he throw? Did BG throw any interceptions? Phillips was probably playing behind the second team o-line at least some of the time.
Refer to BG stats in his last game.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

I think he's going to be a good quarterback for us! Really looking forward to his 2017 season.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Look at the stats for every QB NDSU faced in that playoff run.

PlayerRep said:

That scrimmage meant nothing. The kid did not even have a good grasp of the offense. I was not at the scrimmage, but two people whose opinions I trust said that he was clearly the best QB on the field. He'll get better and better each month he runs this offense. His tools are there to be a great one. Tell Wally to please not insult Reese by saying that Chalich should be the #2 QB.

reinell30 said:
I know highlight films are supposed to show positives, but, he never threw one incompletion on the entire film. Lots of editing! How good is he really?

Reinell, please dude. No QB puts incompletions on their highlight film! Give us a break! Learn to evaluate him by looking for footwork (average), arm strength (average), touch (excellent) accuracy on short passes (excellent), medium passes (excellent), long passes (supurb), running ability (only saw one run in the video, but he looked like a good runner.

His touch on medium/long passes remind me of Dave Dickinson. Not a great arm, not a rope thrown, but he feathered in passes accurately to WRs in full stride over-and-over again. Very impressive.

Drew Brees, Steve Young, and Joe Montana do not have great arms.

havgrizfan said:
Growler, if you're so confident, take the bet I offered you. It's $50. I will even meet you at Hammer's tailgate the first game and he can hold the money so you KNOW you'll get paid if I lose the bet.

I will not bet with you, and told you why. I have a $100 bet with Brewski however.

Just because I know that Reese is the better QB, does not mean that Stitt knows it. He has been selling Brady publicly since last year, so he will go down with the ship with him, until the mast starts to take on water, before bringing in Reese. I can tell you that Reese did not transfer to UM to ride the pine. He fully expects to win the job.

By the way, please call me by my real name.... Wolfman

Atlanta Griz1 said:
havgrizfan said:

I will not bet with you, and told you why. I have a $100 bet with Brewski however.

Just because I know that Reese is the better QB, does not mean that Stitt knows it. He has been selling Brady publicly since last year, so he will go down with the ship with him, until the mast starts to take on water, before bringing in Reese. I can tell you that Reese did not transfer to UM to ride the pine. He fully expects to win the job.

By the way, please call me by my real name.... Wolfman

Seriously Growler/AZ/SeattleGriz/47otherbandnames?!?!? I mean, you post stupid shit dozens of times a day. But are you actually suggesting that a DI head football coach -- whose job depends on winning -- will not play his best quarterback due to pride after talking up his number one QB??

Brint didn't say Chalich should be No. 2, he said he is currently No. 2 on the depth chart. Which is the truth. If you don't know Chalich is the No. 2 going into fall ball then you don't have any grasp of the Griz' depth chart whatsoever. There are no "should be's" Chad is No. 2 at the moment. Could that change? Yup, Reese certainly will be given every opportunity to win the backup job.

Htowngriz said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Look at the stats for every QB NDSU faced in that playoff run.

You mean all QBs that faced NDSU threw four picks, a 50% completion percentage and a 4.8 yard average? Whew! I was worried for a minute.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back