• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rob Ash Fired

Ursa Major said:
Question, is Choate a dirty word? If not, it should be.

I can only imagine the years of fun we will have with that name if he is selected!

I like our chances on that no matter who the next coach is but yeah, Coach Choate would make it that much easier.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

I can only imagine the years of fun we will have with that name if he is selected!

:lol:
"Dude, your Choate is showing. Cover up."
:thumb: I saw loveyoulongtime come out of the locker room today. He must have met the new head coach. It looked like he had some Choate still on his chin.

Cute...

Do you always fantasize about men having gay sex? Says a lot about you pal

LongTimeCatFan said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

:thumb: I saw loveyoulongtime come out of the locker room today. He must have met the new head coach. It looked like he had some Choate still on his chin.

Cute...

For some strange reason I only think about that when I think about cat fans? It's probably a metaphor for the third week in November.

Ursa Major said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Cute...

For some strange reason I only think about that when I think about cat fans? It's probably a metaphor for the third week in November.

So you fantasize about having gay sex with Cat fans specifically? Says a lot about you guy

LongTimeCatFan said:
Ursa Major said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Ursa Major said:

Cute...

So you fantasize about having gay sex with Cat fans specifically? Says a lot about you guy

Reading comp, Pops. Hell, you wrote it.

UMGriz75 said:
ilovethecats said:
Not me. But I'm sure other Cat fans at times. It's that whole, we're not all the same because we happen to root for the same college team thing...
This is the "not me" defense. But, it was Peter Fields who claimed that the 'Bats deserve to be in the top 10 every year. I didn't see your efforts to calm those expectations anywhere. The next coach is already being measured by standards that most college coaches cannot meet, and having just gone through a period of dashed expectations resulting in the firing of 11 coaches, Fields is feeding a frenzy of unrealizable expectations.

Good grief, Wombats have already decided their new head coach is far and away ahead of anyone that even applied for the Griz position, and no one has even been selected yet. I mean, Wow. Just Wow.

Take credit. You have a fanbase that is near on to being psychopaths and, as your own recent poll showed, it's not even about being "top 10" or even "winning." It's all about the Griz.

By this time last year, you guys had already won the "recruiting battle." As usual. Where were your words of caution then?
man, your posts are getting nuts. during the jj rape trial fiasco i thought you had some pretty well thought out posts. now, it's like you're off your meds or something. :eek:

ilovethecats said:
man, your posts are getting nuts. during the jj rape trial fiasco i thought you had some pretty well thought out posts. now, it's like you're off your meds or something. :eek:
Watching Wombat fans go from meltdowns on Wombat Nation to meltowns on egriz is just part of the fun.

ilovethecats said:
UMGriz75 said:
ilovethecats said:
#5. I love Ash. Had he coached another year I would have been ok with that. And I love that you're the official leader of his fan club over here. I just find it funny that on one side of your mouth you say how crazy and unfair it is he got fired because of all the wins...and on the other side you talk about how weak our schedule was this year and these crap teams we played accounted for 40% of our wins. No kidding!
No, I don't think it's "crazy and unfair," I think the fanbase is "crazy and unfair" and in large part because the "cupcakes" get scheduled, Wombat Nation explodes with righteous eupohoria about "how good we really are!" and then are just baffled when their team, the players, the results, and the Brawl of the Wild collapse in on a fairly typical late season implosion, the fans themselves having talked themselves into a frenzy of self-hypnosis about yet another National Championship that they think they deserve!

A Team is not insulated from its fanbase. That's one reason I think the Wombats fare so poorly and the Griz do so well.
and that's where we can disagree. I can easily separate the goals and expectations of the actual coaches and players, and those from the fans. I try to not base my likes and dislikes of a team based on the fans although I admit that is tough. during the streak you guys had some of the worst fans I can ever recall. so I associated your team with these fans. and like you seem to be doing now I assumed that these fans represented not only the team but all other fans as well. turns out that's not the case. if it is, i'll just assume that everyone of you share the opinions as dill.... :?

i'm sure there are cat fans that think they "deserve" a national championship. every single team in the nation has these fans, including the griz, so i'd be an idiot to think otherwise. but I can certainly speak for myself. I think we have things in Bozeman at our disposal that very few teams in our division not named UM have. because of that, I have higher expectations than I would if I was a fan of northern Colorado. I don't think making the playoffs more than we miss them is too crazy. I don't think beating the griz and the eagles is just nuts. I don't think a run in the playoffs is out of the question. and I don't think that an eventual national championship is impossible.

if that makes this "wombat" :cry: nuts...so be it. :thumb:

+1. ...once again, umgriz exposes his bullshit line of thinking, arguing opposite sides of a discussion to suit his inflated anti MSU rants.

ilovethecats said:
UMGriz75 said:
ilovethecats said:
Not me. But I'm sure other Cat fans at times. It's that whole, we're not all the same because we happen to root for the same college team thing...
This is the "not me" defense. But, it was Peter Fields who claimed that the 'Bats deserve to be in the top 10 every year. I didn't see your efforts to calm those expectations anywhere. The next coach is already being measured by standards that most college coaches cannot meet, and having just gone through a period of dashed expectations resulting in the firing of 11 coaches, Fields is feeding a frenzy of unrealizable expectations.

Good grief, Wombats have already decided their new head coach is far and away ahead of anyone that even applied for the Griz position, and no one has even been selected yet. I mean, Wow. Just Wow.

Take credit. You have a fanbase that is near on to being psychopaths and, as your own recent poll showed, it's not even about being "top 10" or even "winning." It's all about the Griz.

By this time last year, you guys had already won the "recruiting battle." As usual. Where were your words of caution then?

Pot calling kettle black. 75 is getting the best of you. Be careful or we'll sick Eriul on you.

Ursa Major said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I give up.

A Griz fan and a Cat fan are driving to Ennis to go hunting, and they see a sheep all tangled up in the fence. The Griz fan, who is driving the car, stops and pulls over. "This is too good to pass up." The Cat fan enthusiasticly agrees. The Griz fan goes over and has his way with the hapless, tangled up sheep. He gets done, and says to the Cat fan, "OK, it's your turn." The Cat fan bends over and sticks his head in the fence.

Back