• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Roll Call. Who roots for the cats outside of Griz-cat?

What is funny is I used to..... Them I moved to Bozangeles and had to actually be around their fan base and was super turned off. They make fun of our fans for being arrogant ass hats....well take that times 10 amd you have a typical Cat fan. I'll never root for the cats again....ever....unless it's for those idiot business owners to come out with "C.A.T.S. Part 2" then I'll root for that.

HookedonGriz said:
What is funny is I used to..... Them I moved to Bozangeles and had to actually be around their fan base and was super turned off. They make fun of our fans for being arrogant ass hats....well take that times 10 amd you have a typical Cat fan. I'll never root for the cats again....ever....unless it's for those idiot business owners to come out with "C.A.T.S. Part 2" then I'll root for that.

Sadly I think that ship has sailed, any remaining dignity they had left after "Blue Bobcat Cup" was drained in "C.A.T.S."

mtgrizrule said:
I am sure spanky will take this out of context. I root for whichever outcome will help the GRIZ most, during conference games. I often root for the underdog teams to upset whoever else might be a title contender. Regardless of standings, I do like seeing the Montana born kids do well regardless if they are playing for the GRIZ, Cats, or a BCS program.

So yes, if a Cat win over someone helps the GRIZ in the standings, yes I will hope for them to win, cannot really say I cheer for them. When it comes to out of conference match ups, yes I usually root for all the BSC teams. The better the conference does in OOC the more it helps the GRIZ and the whole conference.

Basically, my 2nd favorite BSC team any given week is whatever results can help the GRIZ the most.

TL;DR - yes you cheer for the cats as you see fit

jodcon said:
HookedonGriz said:

Sadly I think that ship has sailed, any remaining dignity they had left after "Blue Bobcat Cup" was drained in "C.A.T.S."

Hard to argue that professional stupidity. Have spent my dollars elsewhere ever since. Generally speaking, I'd be happy to spend money at any Cat owned establishment to keep it local. But CATS was much too soon too fast. And quite frankly, was just pretty sick and wrong period.

Who are the cats?

pulp_fiction3680.jpg

011-deliv-ned-beatty.jpg

dt-91.jpg

988ACC_Jodie_Foster_006.jpg

straw-dogs-002.png

hqdefault.jpg

brokeback2.jpg

elf03.jpg

reagan-mondale-1984-electoral-college-map.jpg

7970307_f520.jpg

img24270826.jpg

coke-versus-pepsi.jpg

MSYugo
yugo_45gl_86.jpg

:coffee:

EastCoastGriz said:
I root for Ash to spend the next 20 years at msu.
+1... Ash is one of our best allies. He stumbles into the big game once in a while and consistently pisses down his leg like a lil boy. I've "NEVER" feared Ron Ash. Lyle lovett... what an ugly mofo... :egriz:

If a group of msu fans and Kanye West fell of a boat and were desperately drowning, I would throw the life raft to Kanye West.

Then I would urinate over the side of the boat on the msu fans.

Raider said:
If a group of msu fans and Kanye West fell of a boat and were desperately drowning, I would throw the life raft to Kanye West.

Then I would urinate over the side of the boat on the msu fans.

enthusiasm.gif

I once purchased a child size MSU jersey at a yard sale for $2 for my youngest when he was 3...so when he got old enough he could help me burn it!

HookedonGriz said:
What is funny is I used to..... Them I moved to Bozangeles and had to actually be around their fan base and was super turned off. They make fun of our fans for being arrogant ass hats....well take that times 10 amd you have a typical Cat fan.
I attended MSU, and liked the place, long, long ago. I always took the "rivalry" with a grain of salt, fun teasing and then, I don't know what happened, but about 15 years ago, give or take, several of my Bozeman/MSU friends became absolutely rabid. I mean Moonbat crazed. There was nothing "good natured" about any of it; it had turned to an irrational hatred; pathological. And it wasn't because they were big sports fans; they didn't have much of a clue on that count, it was UM, specifically. I'd never really seen anything like it, and haven't since. I don't even talk to those people any more.

Back