• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Roll Call. Who roots for the cats outside of Griz-cat?

oh-hell-no.jpg

Ummm, NO! I just don't have it in me to root for the Cats! If it benefits the Griz I don't mind as much when they win but never root!

UMGriz75 said:
HookedonGriz said:
What is funny is I used to..... Them I moved to Bozangeles and had to actually be around their fan base and was super turned off. They make fun of our fans for being arrogant ass hats....well take that times 10 amd you have a typical Cat fan.
I attended MSU, and liked the place, long, long ago. I always took the "rivalry" with a grain of salt, fun teasing and then, I don't know what happened, but about 15 years ago, give or take, several of my Bozeman/MSU friends became absolutely rabid. I mean Moonbat crazed. There was nothing "good natured" about any of it; it had turned to an irrational hatred; pathological. And it wasn't because they were big sports fans; they didn't have much of a clue on that count, it was UM, specifically. I'd never really seen anything like it, and haven't since. I don't even talk to those people any more.

This has been my experience to a "T". Their hatred toward the Griz is so big and so deep it is borderline psychotic. When they trash Griz nation for having the worst fans ever, there is no bigger hypocrite than a cat fan.

mtgrizrule said:
I am sure spanky will take this out of context. I root for whichever outcome will help the GRIZ most, during conference games. I often root for the underdog teams to upset whoever else might be a title contender. Regardless of standings, I do like seeing the Montana born kids do well regardless if they are playing for the GRIZ, Cats, or a BCS program.

So yes, if a Cat win over someone helps the GRIZ in the standings, yes I will hope for them to win, cannot really say I cheer for them. When it comes to out of conference match ups, yes I usually root for all the BSC teams. The better the conference does in OOC the more it helps the GRIZ and the whole conference.

Basically, my 2nd favorite BSC team any given week is whatever results can help the GRIZ the most.

You know this doesn't exactly dispel the rumors that you are a joint Cat-Griz fan, right? This is exactly what a Cat fan would write.

All this "if it benefits the Griz" crap is annoying. If the Griz have to rely on the cats winning to benefit them, they're doing something wrong. Take care of business and no one has to worry about rooting for those sh*theads.

Its a love-hate relationship for me. I cheer for the MT kids at MSU, but hate them other then that. There is no other fan base more fun to smack-they give us so much material every year. Bottom line, I love to hate state.

Oh, and one more thing while I'm on my soapbox...I don't buy into the "wanting to see a Montana born kid do well" rhetoric either. If it ain't my kid or someone I know personally, I really don't care how he performs at msu. Ok, rant over.

Griz2k said:
All this "if it benefits the Griz" crap is annoying. If the Griz have to rely on the cats winning to benefit them, they're doing something wrong. Take care of business and no one has to worry about rooting for those sh*theads.

/endthread :thumb:

grizcountry420 said:
And here you have it folks, the cow pasture where bobscat fans tailgate..

4e69330416167.image.jpg

You can almost smell the turd water recycling plant.........

Great pic BTW, rodeo club must have organized that tailgate.

Griz2k said:
Oh, and one more thing while I'm on my soapbox...I don't buy into the "wanting to see a Montana born kid do well" rhetoric either. If it ain't my kid or someone I know personally, I really don't care how he performs at msu. Ok, rant over.
There is NOTHING wrong with cheering for the MT kids, as long as the cat FB team loses.

NEVER, except maybe when they play the trailer park trash from Cheney... :shock:

NativeGriz said:
Griz2k said:
There is NOTHING wrong with cheering for the MT kids, as long as the cat FB team loses.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, I just said I don't really care how kids I don't know from an opposing team perform.

No. Even if it helps the griz. If we have to rely on the cats for anything then we aren't where we want to be.

#

My dogs are continuing to maim and kill cats...

My ex wife continues to root for her cats...

Montana kids don't let friends root for the cats...

No cats... No Problem!

If they are playing for state college with the big M on their uniform, it makes no difference if they are from Montana or Texas, I don't cheer for them. FTC!!

Back