• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Salary?

That may be so brint, but $227,500 houses in MSLA are pretty much ghetto, or the quality of manufacture is such that sneezing wrong inside will cost a couple $M/K to repair....In Helena you can get 3 -4X the house for several thousands less than MSLA...probably another among many reasons MVD will never leave CC.

I don't know what it is, but I flat out told Haslam I'd take the job for half of what they were offering. Never got a call. I guess my 3-2 record coaching 5th/6th graders this year wasn't quite the resume they were looking for. Damn.

Hey, I guess CO Mines needs a coach now...

Harm said:
That may be so brint, but $227,500 houses in MSLA are pretty much ghetto, or the quality of manufacture is such that sneezing wrong inside will cost a couple $M/K to repair....In Helena you can get 3 -4X the house for several thousands less than MSLA...probably another among many reasons MVD will never leave CC.

Well we're comparing Golden, CO to Missoula not Helena to Missoula.

And $227,500 in Missoula is not "pretty much ghetto" - being our median it's the dead center of our market. I actually found more listings for sale in Missoula in that median price range than in Helena on a quick search. You can buy new homes in Missoula starting under $200,000 still and there's many large neighborhoods with newer and well built homes in that price range.

And no way can you get 3 to 4 times the house for several thousands less in Helena. Markets actually look somewhat comparable, maybe about $10,000 - $20,000 off in the median price range.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Missoula_MT/price-220000-240000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Helena_MT/price-220000-240000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

one range is for Helena the other for Missoula. A quick google search shows a median sales price difference of about $8500

84GRIZ said:
BWahlberg said:
The Montana coaching job has a base salary but it also has a lot of built in incentives that could push Stitt well beyond his salary at mines.

Have a friend who is big in the MSU QB Club. We were talking about coaches salaries in connection with any chance of moving up to a FBS conference and he stated that both Ash and Delaney were making between 350K and 400K when you add in all the perks, bonuses for this and that (bonus for winning record, bonus for playing FBS school, bonus for beating the Cats, playoff wins, grades, ect), camp income, radio and TV show income and so on.

Anyone know if this is correct?
I could see add-ons taking them up around 230 k from reported base of 164k, but no way were either making those numbers.

BWahlberg said:
TxGriz said:
get'em_griz said:
If Stitt did take a minor pay cut to come to Montana, it probably was a wash anyway. The cost of living in Colorado is higher than in Montana, so I would think that he's maybe making the same, if not a little bit more due to that.

Edit - actually, I'm not sure if Colorado is even that much more expensive to live in other than the Denver metro area. If anyone knows, it'd be good information to learn.

The real estate market in Missoula has to be tough on recruiting. I wonder if there is any cost of living differential negotiated in the package? I'm sure that is all negotiated when it gets to that point.

Ok real estate agent needs to jump in here. The median sales price of a home in Golden a Colorado is $405,000. The median sales price of a home in Missoula is $227,500 right now. The real estate market in Missoula is not "tough" on top coaches that come here, especially in this situation of those coming out of a market that's nearly double Missoula's prices. What coaches he brings might actually be able to own here, where they might not have in Golden.
Thanks Brint. I was going to answer this one, because I have in-laws who live in the Denver area, and knew that Golden is no cheap place to live. But I figured you'd have some actual numbers. :D

Yaaaa gonna have to agree with Brint here, the Missoula real estate market is not scaring anyone away. Missoula is a very easy place to live and own compared to most places.

grizfnz said:
I could see add-ons taking them up around 230 k from reported base of 164k, but no way were either making those numbers.

Ash is probably sitting at $280 right now and that will go up more with grades and APR.

Yeah, what $400,000 gets you in Golden:

A 2200 square foot 1960's build ranch style home with some renovation done to it: http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/13080-W-30th-Dr_Golden_CO_80401_M28708-17575?row=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What $400,000 gets you in Missoula:

A 2500 sq ft 6 year old home on 1.2 acres with a triple garage and many modern features: http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/11188-Bruin-Ln_Missoula_MT_59808_M89837-08404?row=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or a 3200 square foot 16 year old home in one of the more expensive areas in all of town: http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3090-St-Thomas-Dr_Missoula_MT_59803_M72038-35264?row=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

argh! said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
dupuyer griz said:
175 m or 175 k. I would assume its the latter.

"M" = $1,000 in the financial world.
"MM" = what you're thinking of ( 1,000 x $1,000).

last time i checked, egriz wasn't the financial world, but rather part of the rest of the world, which also bandies about salary figures, and would use the "$175k" descriptor.
When the figures are in dollars, we are in the financial world. It was a financial question; I provided an answer; get over it.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Yaaaa gonna have to agree with Brint here, the Missoula real estate market is not scaring anyone away. Missoula is a very easy place to live and own compared to most places.

I will say, Missoula's challenge compared to other areas is that it's median INCOME for wage-earners here doesn't match up to it's housing prices. For the standard Missoulian housing is tough. For people from many other area it's not nearly as challenging. Over 50% of Missoula rents because of this factor.

BWahlberg said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I will say, Missoula's challenge compared to other areas is that it's median INCOME for wage-earners here doesn't match up to it's housing prices. For the standard Missoulian housing is tough. For people from many other area it's not nearly as challenging. Over 50% of Missoula rents because of this factor.

Ya I was speaking as an outsider looking in, or someone that would move to the city like a new coach, but I agree for people working part time jobs in Missoulas liberal economy it could be tough.......I however live in Watford City where you can rent a 900 sq ft apartment for $2,500 a month.....where are you at Brint...you should be making a killing here hahaha

grizfnz said:
84GRIZ said:
BWahlberg said:
The Montana coaching job has a base salary but it also has a lot of built in incentives that could push Stitt well beyond his salary at mines.

Have a friend who is big in the MSU QB Club. We were talking about coaches salaries in connection with any chance of moving up to a FBS conference and he stated that both Ash and Delaney were making between 350K and 400K when you add in all the perks, bonuses for this and that (bonus for winning record, bonus for playing FBS school, bonus for beating the Cats, playoff wins, grades, ect), camp income, radio and TV show income and so on.

Anyone know if this is correct?
$230M - $250M. Not close to $350M or $400M, even if they won the NC. Incentives have to be achieved - graduation rates, playoff advancement, conf. championships, NCs, etc.

Brint, you proved my point. I got brand new for a smidge under 200K, 5 bedroom 3 bath, 3300sq/ft finished basement, great neighborhood and .5 acre, two car oversize garage with rear yard access...samething in MSLA, bc I looked was in the 400K range...not arguing just proofing my research...doesn't matter, Golden CO is an expensive place to live.

BWahlberg said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Brint knows his real estate business so I would never question his information. Maybe you can get some good sales Brint and nurture some real good Griz sources! Would you work on getting access to all practices so you can keep our excitement level at a high pitch? By the way, you need to help me find my wife a good job in Missoula so we don't have to drive from Great Falls every weekend! :thumb:

indian-outlaw said:
dupuyer griz said:
You're an engineer! It's K in my world as well.
I'm not an engineer. In 35 years with a Fortune 200 company, I never once saw the metric term, K, associated with dollars. Meters, grams, yes, dollars, no.

kemajic said:
indian-outlaw said:
dupuyer griz said:
I'm not an engineer. In 35 years with a Fortune 200 company, I never once saw the metric term, K, associated with dollars. Meters, grams, yes, dollars, no.
yea! Uh, it's not necessarily a metric term. I suspect you're a paper shuffler and don't do any calculations in your job.

kemajic said:

well, that's the problem. "200" isn't much of a fortune.

indian-outlaw said:
kemajic said:
indian-outlaw said:
dupuyer griz said:
yea! Uh, it's not necessarily a metric term. I suspect you're a paper shuffler and don't do any calculations in your job.

Can we please have Wahlberg edit all posts from M to K. I'm getting confused.

Sorry everyone, didn't mean to derail it with the m/k question, but I did note that on a news source I read online often, thousands are referred to with g so, 175g so we can meet in the middle and say g now haha

Back