• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Salary?

CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Most of the strong families with good kids will continue to fill the stands.

You mean those of good stock?

Naturally. And Butte people. They made it through the August of 1977, with four feet of snow and the temp never climbing above -17 F. Good people. They'll pay the fees.

All people born in the 406, really. They work hard, they are thrifty, and they save and scrimp for their 2000 tickets instead of going for the latest high-falutin' thingamabob. People like Bud and Earline Anderson of Havre. Bud drove the Buick home from the supper club in silence. He was irked that it was taking the grossly overpaid and underworked Engstrom so damned long to bring in the new coach. He wanted Hauck and he wanted to be done with it. And when Earline pressed, he let her know it.

"You old fool," Earline chortled. "Bobby couldn't make a halftime adjustment to save his ass."

AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Most of the strong families with good kids will continue to fill the stands.

You mean those of good stock?

Naturally. And Butte people. They made it through the August of 1977, with four feet of snow and the temp never climbing above -17 F. Good people. They'll pay the fees.

All people born in the 406, really. They work hard, they are thrifty, and they save and scrimp for their 2000 tickets instead of going for the latest high-falutin' thingamabob. People like Bud and Earline Anderson of Havre. Bud drove the Buick home from the supper club in silence. He was irked that it was taking the grossly overpaid and underworked Engstrom so damned long to bring in the new coach. He wanted Hauck and he wanted to be done with it. And when Earline pressed, he let her know it.

"You old fool," Earline chortled. "Bobby couldn't make a halftime adjustment to save his ass."

Agreed. Earline was always the brains, class, and, dare I say, the Tokyo Rose, of the Hi-Line. A truly stunning woman.

Bud would surely agree. And so would Gary Tompkins, especially after Bud cold-cocked him for flirting with Earline after the Ladies of the Eastern Star picnic.

Holy shit! I remember that! Bud's younger years were certainly marked with seeing a broken nose everywhere he looked. Ol' Tompkins should have known better than to go after Earline. Especially with Grizbeer's "relative" Wilma "Gams" Fitzpatrick in attendance. Gary could have easily taken her home with only an offer of warm lodging and a maple and sage sausage breakfast. Sorry, Grizbeer, it's true.

Ursa says,

Many people probably don't remember but Bud was Tom Dempsey's sparing partner in Shelby back in his fight with Tommy Gibbons in "24. It was reported that Dempsey said that he had never been hit as hard as Bud hit him in a sparing match in late June of that year. Some say that Dempsey was drinking absinthe when he gave that interview but it was obvious that a young Bud made an impression on the champ.

Transcribed by Ursa's nurse,

Betty Lovejoy, LPN

Ursa also said,

It's true. Wilma "Gams" Fitpatrick was a slut.

Transcribed by Ursa's Nurse.

Deloris Needsum, RN

Ursa Major said:
Ursa says,

Many people probably don't remember but Bud was Tom Dempsey's sparing partner in Shelby back in his fight with Tommy Gibbons in "24. It was reported that Dempsey said that he had never been hit as hard as Bud hit him in a sparing match in late June of that year. Some say that Dempsey was drinking absinthe when he gave that interview but it was obvious that a young Bud made an impression on the champ.

Transcribed by Ursa's nurse,

Betty Lovejoy, LPN

Go ahead admit that Betty gives one helluva'n old fashioned. Credit where it's due.

CDAGRIZ said:
Holy shit! I remember that! Bud's younger years were certainly marked with seeing a broken nose everywhere he looked. Ol' Tompkins should have known better than to go after Earline. Especially with Grizbeer's "relative" Wilma "Gams" Fitzpatrick in attendance. Gary could have easily taken her home with only an offer of warm lodging and a maple and sage sausage breakfast. Sorry, Grizbeer, it's true.
I miss old Gams. I stopped by the cemetery recently to pay my respects. Good to remember the old times again. Seeing all the graves really brings back the stories Gams used to tell. I saw the grave of Woody's little sister, Rose. She was only nineteen when she was killed in a car wreck near Wausa. What a whore, Gams would say! Gams liked Rose, but my God, Gams would say, she was a slut. Then there was Delmer, Woody's cousin. Gams said he was a drunk. Gams said one time they were wrestling and he felt her up. Grabbed a handful of boob and Woody was right there and didn't have a clue.

Sorry, I get a little emotional around the holidays.

I see the salary question go lost with the boob story among others. Long wait until football season...

Back