• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Serious Question About Our Offense

UMGriz75 said:
RobGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
Ha Ha. Adults? You?

In any event, it is an interesting proposition. The High School QBs already know "the system." Hmmm.

Why are you always trying to pick a fight man. Is it that hard to believe that Jensen has been running a 4 receiver, 1 back, spread/read attack offense for his high school team? And he has been doing it very effectively by the way. When I watched him on TV last year, the analyst went on and on about what a perfect fit he will be for Stitt and the Griz because he is already running that type of offense. Why is that hard to grasp?
For him it is. He thinks high schools are primarily running the wing-T and single wing like "back in the day"
Wow, this is a toughie for the pretend adults. I am skeptical that this a high school strategy. That's why it is phrased as a question, because the original statement was positively orgasmic that high school QBs...

So...you're orgasmic over high school QB's? My wife is a professional counselor if you want help.

RobGriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
RobGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Why are you always trying to pick a fight man. Is it that hard to believe that Jensen has been running a 4 receiver, 1 back, spread/read attack offense for his high school team? And he has been doing it very effectively by the way. When I watched him on TV last year, the analyst went on and on about what a perfect fit he will be for Stitt and the Griz because he is already running that type of offense. Why is that hard to grasp?
For him it is. He thinks high schools are primarily running the wing-T and single wing like "back in the day"
Wow, this is a toughie for the pretend adults. I am skeptical that this a high school strategy. That's why it is phrased as a question, because the original statement was positively orgasmic that high school QBs...

So...you're orgasmic over high school QB's? My wife is a professional counselor if you want help.
The original comment was made by "hookedongriz." My youngest grandkid is in the third grade if you want assistance with reading comprehension skills, which you apparently sorely need.

UMGriz75 said:
RobGriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
RobGriz said:

The original comment was made by "hookedongriz." My youngest grandkid is in the third grade if you want assistance with reading comprehension skills, which you apparently sorely need.
You need to put some Vagisil on that mouth of yours. It'll shrink that fucker right up for you.

840100_LA_trolls_norway.jpg

75 is up pretty late....for a guy that is up at the crack of dawn.....to be on campus to mingle with the college athletes during there early morning training sessions.....

grizindabox said:
75 is up pretty late....for a guy that is up at the crack of dawn.....to be on campus to mingle with the college athletes during there early morning training sessions.....
Handing out towels in the men's shower isn't really "mingling"

RobGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
75, are you really this stupid or is it just your shtick?
Oh, he's absolutely this stupid. But he thinks he's being clever.
Wow. Look at those two!

The question posed is, if HS QBs already know this system, don't most DCs? I know for idiots that might be too steep an intellectual hill to climb, but judging by the enthusiasm of the original post regarding how knowledgeable High School QBs already are about the "Stitt offense," exactly what does it bring to the table at the collegiate level?

Innovation?

How? Unlike some, I don't breathlessly follow High School, Grade School, and Kindergarten football, and worship the ground of 16 year QBs. But if they are already prepared to play the game at UM under Stitt, isn't there a defense already adapted to it? A high school defense?

grizindabox said:
Spring semester is over. But, you know, you never let a fact get in the way of another thread hijacking ....

UMGriz75 said:
RobGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Wow. Look at those two!

The question posed is, if HS QBs already know this system, don't most DCs? I know for idiots that might be too steep an intellectual hill to climb, but judging by the enthusiasm of the original post regarding how knowledgeable High School QBs already are about the "Stitt offense," exactly what does it bring to the table at the collegiate level?

Innovation?

How? Unlike some, I don't breathlessly follow High School, Grade School, and Kindergarten football, and worship the ground of 16 year QBs. But if they are already prepared to play the game at UM under Stitt, isn't there a defense already adapted to it? A high school defense?

You do realize that your question demonstrates to everyone that you are completely clueless about the X's and O's.

grizindabox said:
well....when you assume the number of HS QB's to the number of offensive systems....odds are you can find some that have played in an offensive system....
Now, compare to the comments in question:
JJ would've been perfect in this offense. And Gresch will be awesome in it. The truth is that many high schools are running an offense very similar to ours so development of QBs should not be an issue.
Agree completely. Which is why Stitt loved Gresch right away. When you watched his high school offense, it basically mimicked Stitt's spread attack. Stitt said they brought Jensen into a ca,p and he picked up on the concepts instantly because he has been running that offense for years. Gonna be fun with him.
When I watched him on TV last year, the analyst went on and on about what a perfect fit he will be for Stitt and the Griz because he is already running that type of offense.
See the difference?

Understand the difference?

Which part do you need explained?

UMGriz75 said:
grizindabox said:
well....when you assume the number of HS QB's to the number of offensive systems....odds are you can find some that have played in an offensive system....
Now, compare to the comment in question:
JJ would've been perfect in this offense. And Gresch will be awesome in it. The truth is that many high schools are running an offense very similar to ours so development of QBs should not be an issue.
See the difference? Understand the difference? Which part do you need explained?
Yes. WE all see the difference, but it is ABUNDANTLY clear that you do not. It is also very clear that your only purpose here is to try, however futile your attempts are, to stir up shit and pretend you know something about football. I'd suggest Midol for those cramps, by the way.

UMGriz75 said:
Wow, this is a toughie for the pretend adults. I am skeptical that this a high school strategy. That's why it is phrased as a question, because the original statement was positively orgasmic that high school QBs already knew all about it. Frankly, I doubt it, but that is based only on the claim that Stitt is an "innovator," one reason I thought his choice was inspired in many ways. But, the struggle against reality runs deep here with some and if you believe it is true, that instead he has only adopted a strategy that kids "have already been running in high school," then we've got a problem. It's hardly a claim to "innovation" if its been run in high schools "for years."

If true, what's the strategic advantage? That the DC's are best prepared if they are brought up from High schools rather than Division II or NAIA schools? I don't follow High School football, so it was, in fact, an honest question. What is an FCS school doing adopting an apparently well-known high school offense?

This post demonstrates that you were either trolling or are basically clueless when it comes to football. You pick, but either way most people already know.

HelenaHandBasket said:
You do realize that your question demonstrates to everyone that you are completely clueless about the X's and O's.
Let's see, it took Brady more than a year to "understand" it, but 17 year olds that have been running it "for years" are right up to speed because "he is already running that type of offense."

Great. It is too complex for a collegiate QB to master quickly, but 16 year olds that have "been doing it for years" have already been running THAT type of offense. OK. Great. I get it that high school QBs have been playing "this kind of offense." This is FCS.

UMGriz75 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Let's see, it took Brady more than a year to "understand" it, but 17 year olds that have been running it "for years" are right up to speed because "he is already running that type of offense."

Great. It is too complex for a collegiate QB to master quickly, but 16 years that have "been doing it for years" have already been running THAT type of offense. OK. Great. I get it that high school QBs have been playing "this kind of offense." This is FCS.

This post is not helping you.

RobGriz said:
Yes. WE all see the difference, but it is ABUNDANTLY clear that you do not. It is also very clear that your only purpose here is to try, however futile your attempts are, to stir up shit and pretend you know something about football. I'd suggest Midol for those cramps, by the way.
Got it. After prattling on about how easy the transition will be for a high school QB because he is "a perfect fit ... for Stitt and the Griz because he is already running that type of offense," now you admit, oh, there are DIFFERENCES!

A "Perfect fit!" mind you! Oh wait! Not so much!!!

Good to hear, but not what you were saying. I suspected as much. It was the point of my short comment, one that obviously went over that tiny head with the giant brain. You are accusing me of pointing out, by a sarcastic comment, that the high school game is not likely "the same."

But, as I noted, I don't follow 16 year old boys at all, whereas you claim you claim that particular expertise. Be careful.

HelenaHandBasket said:
UMGriz75 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Great. It is too complex for a collegiate QB to master quickly, but 16 years that have "been doing it for years" have already been running THAT type of offense. OK. Great. I get it that high school QBs have been playing "this kind of offense." This is FCS.

This post is not helping you.

Handbasket, could you please explain your comment? My assumption is that you don't have a clue about what you're talking about, but I would be happy to see you explain your comment. Assume you won't be able to explain it, but feel free to show that I am not correct on that.

HelenaHandBasket said:
UMGriz75 said:
RobGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Wow. Look at those two!

Innovation?

Handbasket, could you please explain how 75 is completely clueless about the X's and O's?

HelenaHandBasket said:
This post demonstrates that you were either trolling or are basically clueless when it comes to football. You pick, but either way most people already know.
Irony alert!

Back