• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Shouldn't we be expecting a hell of a lot more by now?

BadlandsGriz: Stitt is so "extraordinarily inflexible" that his 2nd half of games are always better than his first ....oh wait..that doesnt work for UM75 argument does it?
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Its like hes making good 2nd half adjustments or something.....
UMGriz75: For the season last year, UM scored more points in its first halves 85% of the time. The "second half was better than the first" exactly 1 (one) game, and a tie in one other.

Only on egriz can someone claim that scoring more in only 8% the second half of an entire season's games means that the "second half is better than the first." Just plain nuts.

Overall, last season, first half scoring scored 235 points, and second half scored 141 points. That is 63% of all points scored in the season were scored in the first half.
BadlandsGriz: this staff is better at adjustments at halftime than the previous....thats all I care about.
Comparisons
2015: 2nd half scored equal or more points than the first, 15% of the games.
2014: 2nd half scored equal or more points than the first, 50% of the games. :shock:

2015: Over the season, 2nd half scored 37% of total points scored by Griz
2014: Over the season, 2nd half scored 40% of total points scored by Griz

In those 50% of the games where the 2014 team scored equal or more points in the second half than the first, the Griz scored 84 total points in the second halves compared to 55 points in the first halves.

In the single game where the 2015 team scored more points in the second half than the first, it came post season, at NDSU, UM scored 6 points in the second half and 0 points in the first.

In 2014, the second half "adjustments" resulted in the following:
Griz points
[first half/second half scores]

For the 2014 Team:

Against South Dakota [7/21] the 21 points scored in the second half provided the winning margin 28-20
North Dakota [8/10] second half provided the winning margin, 18-15 final score
UC Davis [14/28] Game was tied at the half, second half "adjustments" provided 42-28 final score
SUU [14/21] Tied at the half 14-14. UM's second half 21 points gave UM the win 35-17

We lost these games, but ...
EWU [10/16] Final score 26-36
EWU playoffs [3/17] Final score 20-37

For the 2015 Team:
None. No games were won because the second half outperformed the first half.

In terms of points scored by Quarter, as the percentage of total game points scored by UM in the Third Q:
2014: 23% (93 points)
2015: 16% (65 points)

behappp said:
For anyone watching Huskies vs Cardinals tonight
This is Chris Peterson's 3rd year as coach of the Huskies.
First 2 years he was 4-5 in conference.
Just an observation on the 3 year expectation

And...many think they are still a "year away." They are starting bunches of underclassmen this year. Top 5 to open the season next year. But, the way they played last night - they are in the hunt to win it all right now.

Parallels to the Griz? Who knows?

AllWeatherFan said:
The only thing you proved is that you're a blowhard. As if we didn't already know.

The thread was entitled “Next coach better be an offensive genius." The thread wasn’t about Stitt. Most of the posts in the thread were about Bobby Hauck.

The following posts were about Stitt. You’ll see that “Grizz Man” referred to him as an “offensive genius,” based on a USA today article, and in response to the thread title, which, as mentioned, had nothing to do with Stitt:

What I've said from the time of coach's candidacy is that other people (several D1 coaches) far more knowledgeable about football than me and most other posters on this board have referenced coach's offensive football acumen. Proud to have been on the bandwagon early and often :thumb:

Grizz Man said:
AllWeatherFan said:
The only thing you proved is that you're a blowhard. As if we didn't already know.

The thread was entitled “Next coach better be an offensive genius." The thread wasn’t about Stitt. Most of the posts in the thread were about Bobby Hauck.

The following posts were about Stitt. You’ll see that “Grizz Man” referred to him as an “offensive genius,” based on a USA today article, and in response to the thread title, which, as mentioned, had nothing to do with Stitt:

What I've said from the time of coach's candidacy is that other people (several D1 coaches) far more knowledgeable about football than me and most other posters on this board have referenced coach's offensive football acumen. Proud to have been on the bandwagon early and often :thumb:
So, the thread was about Stitt after all. It's amazing what a difference a game can make. :lol:

UMGriz75 said:
Grizz Man said:
AllWeatherFan said:

So, the thread was about Stitt after all. It's amazing what a difference a game can make. :lol:

right? then we drop a fluke conference game and everyone is ready to run Stitt out of town on a rail.

So UMGriz 75, where are all your negative comments about 2nd half adjustments now? ...Or will you continue to blather on?

rail43boy said:
So UMGriz 75, where are all your negative comments about 2nd half adjustments now? ...Or will you continue to blather on?

So UM scored 22 points in the first half, and 21 in the second half, and you think that proves that Stitt made great halftime adjustments? What are you "blathering" about?

rail43boy said:
I had no "negative" comments about it, just pointing out the actual record. What is your objection to that? As a coach longer than all of you put together, I look to "records." Records change. But they also exist. I like what I saw at the recent game. It looks a lot like UM's first game against NDSU, a long time ago. I hope the team is "coming together." Why do you think actual "stats" are "negative?" Please explain.

Or, are you just "blathering?"

BozAngelesGriz said:
right? then we drop a fluke conference game and everyone is ready to run Stitt out of town on a rail.
I love hyperbole. It makes stupid people look smart.

Back