• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Shouldn't we be expecting a hell of a lot more by now?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
And this year??? Or does that make your argument harder to argue??? Like a 2nd year coach is improving or something??
That's funny. You get blasted out of the water with a howling fabrication, and now want to change the subject to a much smaller subset, a non-conference subset of just three games out of the 16 total games so far played under Coach Stitt.

It is true that this year, it is about a draw on points 50/52, although 35 of those second half points (nearly 70%) were scored in just one game, against St. Francis. On the other hand, whereas last year, games in which we scored nothing at all in the second half amounted to just 8% of our games, this year that uncomfortable record of "0" scored in the second half comprises one-third of all games so far played. I'm sure that makes you feel better, right? You are claiming that's an improvement in second half performance?

That just goes to show how much better we play in the second half -- your original claim -- right?

AllWeatherFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Some people referred to Stitt as an "offensive genius." "People" includes fans and coaches. The comments were endlessly replayed on egriz.
"...endlessly replayed," huh?

That's not even hyperbole, that's just a plain old lie. And you're still boring.
Are you admitting you lied in the first place? And got caught by showing that Stitt was being referred to as an "offensive genius" by fans even before he was hired? For the record, there were about 250 subsequent references on egriz. Interesting to me how the posters so heavily invested in promoting the myth now seem to be losing their memories. :twisted:

UMGriz75 said:
Are you admitting you lied in the first place? And got caught by showing that Stitt was being referred to as an "offensive genius" by fans even before he was hired? For the record, there were about 250 subsequent references on egriz. Interesting to me how the posters so heavily invested in promoting the myth now seem to be losing their memories.

You're nothing but a giant bag of hot gas.

CtfMdYxUAAEunam.jpg

AllWeatherFan said:
For somebody that demanded a proof, and then got it, I'd say that's a giant diaper filled with sour grapes.

UMGriz75 said:
argh! said:
I don't remember anyone saying stitt had a "phenomenal" record at mines, although a general sentiment was that he did well considering his recruiting limitations caused by their high academic admissions standards?
Re: Defensive Coordinator/ New Coaches
Postby brewskis » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:26 pm
The work that he did at CSM was phenomenal.
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73061&p=1132444&hilit=Stitt+phenomenal#p1132444

Selective memory. Take it from there.

your example didn't say stitt had a "phenomenal record", he said the "work he did at csm was phenomenal". the statements have different meanings. keep trying, though! maybe some italics?

argh! said:
your example didn't say stitt had a "phenomenal record", he said the "work he did at csm was phenomenal". the statements have different meanings. keep trying, though! maybe some italics?
That's funny. Reminds me of your argument during the JJ Trial that the fact that Jane Doe's Mom, Aunt and closest cousin didn't believe her story didn't actually mean that they didn't believe her story.

The only thing you proved is that you're a blowhard. As if we didn't already know.

The thread was entitled “Next coach better be an offensive genius." The thread wasn’t about Stitt. Most of the posts in the thread were about Bobby Hauck.

The following posts were about Stitt. You’ll see that “Grizz Man” referred to him as an “offensive genius,” based on a USA today article, and in response to the thread title, which, as mentioned, had nothing to do with Stitt:

Grizz Man said:
In reference to the thread title, an offensive genius is on our list: Bob Stitt.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2012/10/29/bob-stitt-fly-sweep-colorado-school-of-mines-college-football-offense/1659819/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would have been great today if we could have 1) scored more points, and 2) sustained more drives, keeping EWU's offense off the field.

Bob Stitt...get used to it!

Grizz Man said:
If anyone is going to dismiss Bob Stitt, you've got to read this first:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2012/10/29/bob-stitt-fly-sweep-colorado-school-of-mines-college-football-offense/1659819/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He would easily be one of the most innovative offensive minds to ever coach for the Grizz. You can only say it so many times, but he is at a big disadvantage in terms of talent at CO Mines, relative to his competition. It is an elite academic school with no easy majors. His record there giving the circumstances should be viewed as a positive, not a negative.

Zootown Rox said:
Found another article on Bob Stitt, the more I read about his offensive philosophy the better it sounds. I think it would be great to have him as a Griz coach. http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...bob-stitt-coach-offense-colorado-school-mines

GrizLA said:
Zootown Rox said:
Found another article on Bob Stitt, the more I read about his offensive philosophy the better it sounds. I think it would be great to have him as a Griz coach. http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...bob-stitt-coach-offense-colorado-school-mines
Wouldn't be a bad choice, at all...

Buttegrizzle said:
Stitt with a Gregorak Defense. Solid.

go4two said:
ordigger said:
If this is the case, then you should be quite happy when our new coach is announced this week.

From an article about the Kansas Jayhawks next coach.

"He's won running an uptempo offense, a slower offense, while running, while passing, and everything in between. He's also racked up yards and points while having players who shouldn't be on the same field as their opponents, something he'd have to do in Lawrence as well, and he'd be a hire that would certainly create a lot of buzz around not just Lawrence but the college football world as a whole. It's time for Kansas to think outside the box, and that's why I think Bob Stitt should be the next head coach of the Kansas Jayhawks."

He is going to be awesome here at Montana! :)

go4two said:
go4two said:
Grizz Man said:
In reference to the thread title, an offensive genius is on our list: Bob Stitt.

Would have been great today if we could have 1) scored more points, and 2) sustained more drives, keeping EWU's offense off the field.

Bob Stitt...get used to it!

Yes, I want Bob Stitt as coach for Xmas. :clap: Keep Ty as DC and mentor to be next Griz coach when Stitt heads to FBS in 4 years.

Yep...it's going to be a great Xmas! Welcome Bob Stitt! Griz Nation is behind you 110%!!!!

So...this is the most "overhyped coach" in history? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy cow AllWeather nice research. That's how I remembered the time but I was being hypnotized lately by the likes of 75 to think I was dreaming. Our coach is adjusting nicely to D1, but still adjusting. With two outstanding recruiting classes I think it is only going to get better. If you want to look at expectations JLM could be a sign of what's to come.

All of you idiots who think Stitt is a good coach act like we are 2-1 with a one-point loss and a win over a highly-ranked team on the road, or something. Dream on, dreamers. Everyone knows we should've hired who I wanted us to hire.

AllWeatherFan said:
The only thing you proved is that you're a blowhard. As if we didn't already know.

The thread was entitled “Next coach better be an offensive genius." The thread wasn’t about Stitt. Most of the posts in the thread were about Bobby Hauck.

[blah, blah, blah]

So...this is the most "overhyped coach" in history? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You don't have any shame do you? That is so dishonest.

This is what you said and in your own words it was about Stitt, not Bobby Hauck:
UMGriz75 wrote: Quotes from certain speakers were recited about his "offensive genius" capabilities. I don't think I've ever seen a coach so over-hyped by a fan base.
AllWeatherFan wrote:
I don't understand this. Did Stitt's "fans" call him an "offensive genius, or are these "speakers" to whom you refer actually other coaches? Can you cite (or recite) posters on this forum who used the term "offensive genius?"
Grizz Man » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:46 pm
Grizzoola wrote:
So, Brint, are you saying Stitt is an offensive genius?
BWahlberg » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:13 pm
I have no reason to believe he isn't.
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73287&p=1141627&hilit=stitt+offensive+genius#p1141627

Now, you issued a challenge; the usual type of uninformed challenge so characteristic of a small group of fanatic, true-believer posters, and you got a direct answer.

So, what's with the explosion of deflection?

Why, if it isn't a modern day Euthyphro, bro! So puffed up and full of himself!

And now I will teach you how to not always have to have the last word.

AllWeatherFan said:
Why, if it isn't a modern day Euthyphro, bro! So puffed up and full of himself!

And now I will teach you how to not always have to have the last word.
No.

AllWeatherFan said:
I've read lots of posts on this site arguing that we shouldn't consider moving up until we're "dominant" at the FCS level.

Do you agree with that logic? I don't. If Boise State had adopted that philosophy, they'd still be playing Idaho State and Northern Colorado every season.

I think we should be planning right now, even if it's a 20-year plan.

Not at all. It's time to move on. The program is stuck in a holding pattern.

CDAGRIZ said:
All of you idiots who think Stitt is a good coach act like we are 2-1 with a one-point loss and a win over a highly-ranked team on the road, or something. Dream on, dreamers. Everyone knows we should've hired who I wanted us to hire.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AllWeatherFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
Are you admitting you lied in the first place? And got caught by showing that Stitt was being referred to as an "offensive genius" by fans even before he was hired? For the record, there were about 250 subsequent references on egriz. Interesting to me how the posters so heavily invested in promoting the myth now seem to be losing their memories.

CtfMdYxUAAEunam.jpg

Carson Wentz knows how to spend a bye week Wednesday - bag a four point buck bow hunting. Loved the clueless East Coast vegan blather comments attending the photo accusing him of killing a Bambi relative. Unfortunately we can now anticipate a rash of big city nimrods descending on the West a la all the folks who showed up with their new stream-thrashing graphite rods when "The River Runs Through It" hit the big screen... Somebody's asleep at Cabela's if they don't get Wentz to sign his first big endorsement contract.

AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can yuk it up all you want, AWF. The reality is: If UM hired the guy I wanted we would be 2-1 right now. We would have a ground and ground and ground offense, and a defense that would send shivers up the spines of SUU by letting them score a lot. I could still be buds with some guys, and the FSBS would be happy. Please and thank you.

Back