• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Shouldn't we be expecting a hell of a lot more by now?

Is there anything more pathetic than some grinning moron hovering over a dead animal?

Oh, yeah … the moron who posts pictures of that kind of demented shit on a football site.

UMGriz75 said:
argh! said:
I don't remember anyone saying stitt had a "phenomenal" record at mines, although a general sentiment was that he did well considering his recruiting limitations caused by their high academic admissions standards?
Re: Defensive Coordinator/ New Coaches
Postby brewskis » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:26 pm
The work that he did at CSM was phenomenal.
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73061&p=1132444&hilit=Stitt+phenomenal#p1132444

Selective memory. Take it from there.

there's a difference between someone saying the work he did at csm was phenomenal vs saying he had a phenomenal record. as for the rest of your attempts to defend you off kilter positions... keep resorting to personal insults, they are all you've got.

argh! said:
UMGriz75 said:
argh! said:
I don't remember anyone saying stitt had a "phenomenal" record at mines, although a general sentiment was that he did well considering his recruiting limitations caused by their high academic admissions standards?
Re: Defensive Coordinator/ New Coaches
Postby brewskis » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:26 pm
The work that he did at CSM was phenomenal.
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73061&p=1132444&hilit=Stitt+phenomenal#p1132444

Selective memory. Take it from there.

there's a difference between someone saying the work he did at csm was phenomenal vs saying he had a phenomenal record. as for the rest of your attempts to defend you off kilter positions... keep resorting to personal insults, they are all you've got.
And a "record" does not include "work done?" Engstrom has a "record." It's not found in football scores. Or are you just making something up to parse words, ultimately, to destroy any meaning at all?

The poster actually meant Stitt's "work" as in, cleaning his office, fundraising, maintaining good relationships with the basketball coach? You really think he meant "that" work? Stuff nobody talked about at all, and "brewskis" just decided to take time out and refer to Stitt's non-football "work," and that it had nothing, nothing at all to do, with his football record at "Mines?"

You've done this before. Try to pretend that words have a meaning that the original speaker almost could not have meant in the context of the conversation.

"Selective memory" isn't a personal insult in your case; it's a diagnosis.

Odd that when I detailed Stitt's football record in response to the original comment about "work," brewskis did not offer your objection. How very strange. It's like he hadn't thought of "that" phony excuse.

Lets face facts:

After we beat UND in Stitt's first Griz game last season many of us were over the top excited about coach Stitt and everything about the guy. We knew we had just obtained the best and greatest coach we could have and we seemed set for many years. 99.9% of Griz Nation was happy!

Me? I had met Stitt earlier in the year and he seemed very smart and a quick thinker. I liked him. Later I introduced him to Brent Musberger. They continue to vist when Brent is in Montana.
Then last years season became a flop in my mind.

Again, This early summer I met with and had a good chat about our last years team and of course this upcoming season. Like any coach he pointed out the various mental aspects along with the numerous injuries most of us were not aware of. I noted then he did not like my take on the many screw ups of last season. I can't blame him but because it was just him and I he seemed to be willing to go deeper into the various issues. I had to give him credit as he came out with items I had not even new exsisted. I must say I still liked him.

This is my down-side view of coach Stitt. 75 and others have pointed out some trends that seem troubling. He seems stubborn to a fault. He plays not to lose instead of going for the throat. The offense is very simple in that you don't see an odd line up never seen before. Zero trick plays like coach Baldwin tends to use etc.
Never fakes a punt/field goal. Finally, he does not seem to beleive in odd ball trickish play.

I think the guy has tons of up side potential and I tend to think he could turn out to be a great coach for the Griz. After three games we now know what kind of a team we have. My best guess is he takes us into the play-offs. I think he has learned some things and if he can put it all toghether we will be fine.

I'm in the give a coach 3 years before you fire him club.

UMGriz75 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
And this year??? Or does that make your argument harder to argue??? Like a 2nd year coach is improving or something??
That's funny. You get blasted out of the water with a howling fabrication, and now want to change the subject to a much smaller subset, a non-conference subset of just three games out of the 16 total games so far played under Coach Stitt.

It is true that this year, it is about a draw on points 50/52, although 35 of those second half points (nearly 70%) were scored in just one game, against St. Francis. On the other hand, whereas last year, games in which we scored nothing at all in the second half amounted to just 8% of our games, this year that uncomfortable record of "0" scored in the second half comprises one-third of all games so far played. I'm sure that makes you feel better, right? You are claiming that's an improvement in second half performance?

That just goes to show how much better we play in the second half -- your original claim -- right?

Ya i still stand by my original argument that our coaches make the neccesary adjustments in the 2nd half to win football games......thats what I originally disagreed with

this staff is better at adjustments at halftime than the previous....thats all I care about.

I agree you have to give a guy a chance.

Stitt does seem to feel his team is always advancing and other teams stay stagnant thru the year, and he hasn't taken this team any farther in the playoffs than delaney did, at this point in time?
but we will see what we will see.

Living in the past, i don't think they ever should have let Joe Glenn leave that campus years ago. Living in the present we will see how his year goes, he is off to a good start.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BadlandsGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
And this year??? Or does that make your argument harder to argue??? Like a 2nd year coach is improving or something??
That's funny. You get blasted out of the water with a howling fabrication, and now want to change the subject to a much smaller subset, a non-conference subset of just three games out of the 16 total games so far played under Coach Stitt.

It is true that this year, it is about a draw on points 50/52, although 35 of those second half points (nearly 70%) were scored in just one game, against St. Francis. On the other hand, whereas last year, games in which we scored nothing at all in the second half amounted to just 8% of our games, this year that uncomfortable record of "0" scored in the second half comprises one-third of all games so far played. I'm sure that makes you feel better, right? You are claiming that's an improvement in second half performance?

That just goes to show how much better we play in the second half -- your original claim -- right?

Ya i still stand by my original argument that our coaches make the neccesary adjustments in the 2nd half to win football games......thats what I originally disagreed with

this staff is better at adjustments at halftime than the previous....thats all I care about.

I agree that the coaches make adjustments and often good adjustments at halftime. However, you have no basis or evidence for saying they make better adjustments than the previous coaches. In fact, 75 produced some evidence to the contrary regarding the offense. Like some posters, you just have your view, and you are going to stick with it, regardless of whether it is correct, supported by the evidence, or not supported by the evidence.

PlayerRep said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I agree that the coaches make adjustments and often good adjustments at halftime. However, you have no basis or evidence for saying they make better adjustments than the previous coaches. In fact, 75 produced some evidence to the contrary regarding the offense. Like some posters, you just have your view, and you are going to stick with it, regardless of whether it is correct, supported by the evidence, or not supported by the evidence.

Well we have yet to kick off to start both halves....so until that happens I will consider this coaching staffs halftime adjustments to be better than previous staff.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Well we have yet to kick off to start both halves....so until that happens I will consider this coaching staffs halftime adjustments to be better than previous staff.

:lol: :lol: Point well made...

Silvertip said:
Those eternal optimists who believe the sack of scat wrapped in maroon and silver Xmas ribbon is just a pony that got away should feel free to hum along...

http://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=rose+colored+glasses+song+youtube+farm+aid&s_it=video-ans&sfVid=true&videoId=F66F2199DA52E13E1EBCF66F2199DA52E13E1EB

(John Conlee's 3:31 version)

Why would you expect more? Stitt is a lifetime .600 coach. I've stated on here many times why his offensive system is flawed, and why it's so inconsistent. I mean last year you beat NDSU and then got pasted by them later? You beat good teams in NAU, EWU, and SDSU.... but lost to mediocre Liberty, Cal Poly, Weber. Got destroyed by PSU? Talk about up and down.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:

:lol: :clap:

poorgriz said:
Silvertip said:
Those eternal optimists who believe the sack of scat wrapped in maroon and silver Xmas ribbon is just a pony that got away should feel free to hum along...

http://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=rose+colored+glasses+song+youtube+farm+aid&s_it=video-ans&sfVid=true&videoId=F66F2199DA52E13E1EBCF66F2199DA52E13E1EB

Why would you expect more? Stitt is a lifetime .600 coach. I've stated on here many times why his offensive system is flawed, and why it's so inconsistent. I mean last year you beat NDSU and then got pasted by them later? You beat good teams in NAU, EWU, and SDSU.... but lost to mediocre Liberty, Cal Poly, Weber. Got destroyed by PSU? Talk about up and down.

Worry about the Cats going .500 how bout???

BadlandsGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
Silvertip said:

Hey we beat a mediocre cat team! Does that count?

When we play at 2:30 Saturday not one Egriz fan has a clue as to what Griz team comes out and plays. Of course that is not all true but with 3 games in we know for a fact we have all watched us play bad and very good in all three aspects of the game so who knows what is coming?
I am a risk taker and my guess is we play damn well. We will have some dumb gaffs of course but over all I think we can smoke em. Our defense is about mad enough to make up for the mistakes of last week and our special teams are on the verge of being special. Offense? We should do very well. Like others I hope we get to see the second or third QB play and some day watch us in a wild formation!

CDAGRIZ said:
You can yuk it up all you want, AWF. The reality is: If UM hired the guy I wanted we would be 2-1 right now. We would have a ground and ground and ground offense, and a defense that would send shivers up the spines of SUU by letting them score a lot. I could still be buds with some guys, and the FSBS would be happy. Please and thank you.

Good points. Plus, if we'd hired the guy you wanted, we'd have DOLA. Lots and lots of DOLA.

As the Denver Broncos are proving, a dominant defense is more important than the offense, which can be mediocre, and the team still win.

Mavman said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
Silvertip said:

Some would even say they #OwnedTheState.....until that day.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Mavman said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:

Some would even say they #OwnedTheState.....until that day.

I think it's a stretch to describe last years kitty kats as "mediocre"

For anyone watching Huskies vs Cardinals tonight
This is Chris Peterson's 3rd year as coach of the Huskies.
First 2 years he was 4-5 in conference.
Just an observation on the 3 year expectation

Back