• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt discusses the Offense

IntuitiveGriz said:
Tyler Lucas

57KVCgu3.jpeg

Thank God for some actual football related posts. They sure are needed after all the crap being posted regarding a certain tabloid (it will never be a book in my opinion). Anyway, it is great to know Tyler Lucas has sights on the NFL. If he is as good as Henderson and Jones, and Gustafson matures quickly as a starter, this offense will be dynamic and fun. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Tyler Lucas

57KVCgu3.jpeg

Thank God for some actual football related posts. They sure are needed after all the crap being posted regarding a certain tabloid (it will never be a book in my opinion). Anyway, it is great to know Tyler Lucas has sights on the NFL. If he is as good as Henderson and Jones, and Gus tafson matures quickly as a starter, this offense will be dynamic and fun. :thumb:

My money is on the dynamic and fun. :D

While in junior college, Lucas caught passes against many guys that signed with FBS programs, inclucing some of the best schools in the country...like Oregon and Auburn. The kid is for real.

brewskis said:
Ursus1 said:
He sure didn't seem happy with strength of players....sounded as if his strength coach might get better results than last one. Could go a long way to DOLA and being able to physically stop some teams....maybe Wags poor bench numbers tell more of a story of team strengths than people thought
Interesting point. I'd imagine that through Stitt's extensive professional connections he has developed a pretty solid training program. Ton's of question marks on this offense right now, I'm surprised that WR is now one of those positions of concern.
Stitts "all out" style of offense has got to require conditioning way beyond what most teams -- and strength coaches -- are used to.

Here's another point: The other teams in the conference with Mines, while some have pretty high academic standards, were mostly not even close. While "engineering types" can certainly be good athletes (some very good), Mines was unlikely to get that many "gifted" athletes who could meet the academics. You can't teach or develop "gifted," but you can teach and develop strength, toughness, and endurance. I'm sure that's what he has in mind.

IdaGriz01 said:
brewskis said:
Ursus1 said:
He sure didn't seem happy with strength of players....sounded as if his strength coach might get better results than last one. Could go a long way to DOLA and being able to physically stop some teams....maybe Wags poor bench numbers tell more of a story of team strengths than people thought
Interesting point. I'd imagine that through Stitt's extensive professional connections he has developed a pretty solid training program. Ton's of question marks on this offense right now, I'm surprised that WR is now one of those positions of concern.
Stitts "all out" style of offense has got to require conditioning way beyond what most teams -- and strength coaches -- are used to.

Here's another point: The other teams in the conference with Mines, while some have pretty high academic standards, were mostly not even close. While "engineering types" can certainly be good athletes (some very good), Mines was unlikely to get that many "gifted" athletes who could meet the academics. You can't teach or develop "gifted," but you can teach and develop strength, toughness, and endurance. I'm sure that's what he has in mind.
Honestly I'm glad he's disappointed with the physical strength of the team. He has high standards, which is going to equate to better recruits than we've had over the past seasons.

I think there are high expectations for the frosh recruit it de-committed from Air Force. In his video, he looks big and fast.

PlayerRep said:
I think there are high expectations for the frosh recruit it de-committed from Air Force. In his video, he looks big and fast.

I agree, looks like a big, fast, tough kid.

Kobey Eaton
2015 Outdoor Season - 12th Grade
100 Meters

11.44c Mar 17 Kelso Jamboree vs. R.A...
11.34c Mar 24 Evergreen @ Mountain V...
11.31a Mar 28 Tiger Invite
11.34c Apr 2 Skyview @ Evergreen
DNS Apr 11 Aloha Preview
11.14c Apr 21 Heritage/Evergreen @ C...

Kobey Eaton
2014 Outdoor Season - 11th Grade
100 Meters

11.46a Mar 25 Evergreen vs Battle Gr...
11.64a Mar 29 Tiger Invite
11.44c Apr 2 Camas v. Evergreen
11.45a Apr 18 John Ingram Twilight M...
11.32a Apr 18 John Ingram Twilight M...
11.41a May 14 GSHL 4A District Meet

IntuitiveGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I agree, looks like a big, fast, tough kid.

Kobey Eaton
100 Meters

11.44c Mar 17 Kelso Jamboree vs. R.A...
11.34c Mar 24 Evergreen @ Mountain V...
11.31a Mar 28 Tiger Invite
11.34c Apr 2 Skyview @ Evergreen
DNS Apr 11 Aloha Preview
11.14c Apr 21 Heritage/Evergreen @ C...

Kobey Eaton
100 Meters

11.46a Mar 25 Evergreen vs Battle Gr...
11.64a Mar 29 Tiger Invite
11.44c Apr 2 Camas v. Evergreen
11.45a Apr 18 John Ingram Twilight M...
11.32a Apr 18 John Ingram Twilight M...
11.41a May 14 GSHL 4A District Meet

Kobey Eaton short video, taken spring of Junior year.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1YSjbFsdi0[/youtube]

Kobey is faster over 200 meters...I've seen him run at several local track meets. He's always in his Griz visor. I think both he and his teammate Jerrin Williams will be great additions to the team.

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Kobey is faster over 200 meters...I've seen him run at several local track meets. He's always in his Griz visor. I think both he and his teammate Jerrin Williams will be great additions to the team.

Bjorn, that picture of Steven Tyler creeps me out.

Bjorn Bjornstein said:

Love to hear that he is ROCK'N some Griz pride! I totally agree that Jerrin Williams and Kobey Eaton will be great additions to the team. Their HS football coach said both are above BSC level talent, he continued on to say that he already has some former HS players currently in the BSC and that is what he is basing it on (that these 2 are better than them).

Kobey Eaton
200 Meters

23.24c Mar 17 Kelso Jamboree vs. R.A...
23.14c Mar 24 Evergreen @ Mountain V...
22.75a Mar 28 Tiger Invite
22.94c Apr 2 Skyview @ Evergreen
22.45a Apr 11 Aloha Preview
22.31a Apr 18 Oregon Relays Day 2
22.24c Apr 21 Heritage/Evergreen @ C...

Kobey Eaton
200 Meters

23.34c Mar 18 Kelso Jamboree vs. RA ...
23.37a Mar 25 Evergreen vs Battle Gr...
23.24a Mar 29 Tiger Invite
23.09a May 14 GSHL 4A District Meet
23.35a May 23 WCD 4A Meet Day 1

Coach Stitt said he will be playing some new guys at receiver in the fall. So how many and who will they be? One would think Senior FBS transfer Tyler Lucas is a given. I'm guessing 2 (or 3) more, to fit his "some" qoute?

Which true freshman play will probably be the ones that fit the role/position that is needed, for example split end, flanker, slot...whatever position is needed, that type of player will play/not red-shirt.

Here's what we know already of the new receivers, body types and speed. More to be learned, quickness/change of direction, route running, hands, blocking (stock and crack back), smarts, and toughness.

Speed:

1) Dalton Daum
2) Kobey Eaton
3) Justin Calhoun
4) Dovovan Rooks
5) Holden Ryan
6) Colin Bingham

IntuitiveGriz said:
Coach Stitt said he will be playing some new guys at receiver in the fall. So how many and who will they be? One would think Senior FBS transfer Tyler Lucas is a given. I'm guessing 2 (or 3) more, to fit his "some" qoute?

Which true freshman play will probably be the ones that fit the role/position that is needed, for example split end, flanker, slot...whatever position is needed, that type of player will play/not red-shirt.

Here's what we know already of the new receivers, body types and speed. More to be learned, route running, hands, smarts, toughness.

Speed:

1) Dalton Daum
2) Kobey Eaton
3) Justin Calhoun
4) Dovovan Rooks
5) Holden Ryan
6) Colin Bingham

Good list, but Bingham is not a speed type at WR. He will be an inside guy. Personally, I feel Bingham will like be moved to Defense or asked to beef up to be an OL within 2 years. This offense is not very well suited for his skill set.

mtgrizrule said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Here's what we know already of the new receivers, body types and speed. More to be learned, route running, hands, smarts, toughness.

Speed:

1) Dalton Daum
2) Kobey Eaton
3) Justin Calhoun
4) Dovovan Rooks
5) Holden Ryan
6) Colin Bingham

Good list, but Bingham is not a speed type at WR. He will be an inside guy. Personally, I feel Bingham will like be moved to Defense or asked to beef up to be an OL within 2 years. This offense is not very well suited for his skill set.

I didn't suggest that Bingham was a speed type receiver, I said we know the speed of the receivers. And I know Bingham will be an inside slot receiver (a split-out TE). He'll be a combination player. He will play as blocker (on the perimeter) as well as a receiver. Sometimes these types of players are the top receivers on a team. He is a big player who can block, but also has the speed, agility, and hands to run routes and catch the ball. These types generally run shorter routes in the middle of the field and are covered by slower, bigger linebackers. And they can take the beating that comes with these type routes.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Bingham moved to another position in the future, in fact he is playing defensive tackle in an up-coming all-star game.

But I see a tremendous future for him as an inside receiver for the Griz.

According to http://www.athletic.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, here are the career 100 and 200 results (2 best in each event), with track 2015 still going on:

1) Dalton Daum ---- 10.66/10.86...21.62/21.70
2) Kobey Eaton ---- 11.14/11.31...22.24/22.31
3) Justin Calhoun -- 11.38/11.53...24.32/24.35 (200 results for soph yr only)
4) Dovovan Rooks -- 11.58...........23.45/23.84 (200 results for soph yr only)
5) Holden Ryan -----11.69/11.75....23.33/24.83
6) Colin Bingham --- Shot Put and Discuss athlete

IntuitiveGriz said:
According to http://www.athletic.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, here are the career 100 and 200 results (2 best in each event), with track 2015 still going on:

1) Dalton Daum ---- 10.66/10.86...21.62/21.70
2) Kobey Eaton ---- 11.14/11.31...22.24/22.31
3) Justin Calhoun -- 11.38/11.53...24.32/24.35 (200 results for soph yr only)
4) Dovovan Rooks -- 11.58...........23.45/23.84 (200 results for soph yr only)
5) Holden Ryan -----11.69/11.75....23.33/24.83
6) Colin Bingham --- Shot Put and Discuss athlete

I like the discussion, all these guys are quick....I see the inside guy more like a burke/ryan mold, that are tall, big frame and still pretty darn quick,,,,i love bingham too, but what a d/e or linebacker he would be for the griz......plus it would appear we are going to have a lot of deph at wide receiver.....im just excited to be a griz with the quality of athlete we are attracting .......

Back