• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt discusses the Offense

toyota1 said:
Stitts offense has won him no championships, just three conferece titles and a 63.5% of his games in fourteen years. If that happens here he will be fired in four. Mickey Mouse offenses are for teams that cannt recruit top players. I just believe in pro style offenses. Hope I am wrong.

You do realize the limited talent pool Stitt had to work with when he recruited at CO mines? All engineering majors... It's amazing that Stitt was as successful as he was with what he had to work with.

get'em_griz said:
toyota1 said:
Stitts offense has won him no championships, just three conferece titles and a 63.5% of his games in fourteen years. If that happens here he will be fired in four. Mickey Mouse offenses are for teams that cannt recruit top players. I just believe in pro style offenses. Hope I am wrong.

You do realize the limited talent pool Stitt had to work with when he recruited at CO mines? All engineering majors... It's amazing that Stitt was as successful as he was with what he had to work with.

Don't use facts on this website. It usually doesn't work very well, LOL!

toyota1 said:

You need some work. For your next screen name, you should make some posts to establish yourself before making it so obvious. For instance, show some enthusiasm for UM football before talking it down. A simple "hope I'm wrong" at the end of every obvious anti-UM post doesn't do much to keep your cover. This one was a cute effort, and I'm sure many share my feeling that it's pretty flattering, but I hope the next iteration is a bit more subtle. Farewell, toyota1. Drink a bowl of gravy for me.

CDAGRIZ said:
toyota1 said:

You need some work. For your next screen name, you should make some posts to establish yourself before making it so obvious. For instance, show some enthusiasm for UM football before talking it down. A simple "hope I'm wrong" at the end of every obvious anti-UM post doesn't do much to keep your cover. This one was a cute effort, and I'm sure many share my feeling that it's pretty flattering, but I hope the next iteration is a bit more subtle. Farewell, toyota1. Drink a bowl of gravy for me.
Yupp...I smell a scat fan. I'm really loving their "it will take 3-4 years until they adjust to the new HC and offense" outlook. That's some wishful thinking right there, in this weak conference it might take 1.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Stitts offense works because there are many options to go with the ball on every play. The defense can't take away everything, Stitts QB will find the defenses weakness (on every play).
In theory. Don't most offenses do this? Also, the defense can bluff and confuse the qb as easily as the qb can audible. Its a cat and mouse game. One in which Kleiman is very good. Is it a coincidence NDSU wins its first FCS championship the year he gets to NDSU and wins one every year? Many thought Bohl was the defensive genius but I have to wonder if Klieman is the guy.

westnodak93bison said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Stitts offense works because there are many options to go with the ball on every play. The defense can't take away everything, Stitts QB will find the defenses weakness (on every play).
In theory. Don't most offenses do this? Also, the defense can bluff and confuse the qb as easily as the qb can audible. Its a cat and mouse game. One in which Kleiman is very good. Is it a coincidence NDSU wins its first FCS championship the year he gets to NDSU and wins one every year? Many thought Bohl was the defensive genius but I have to wonder if Klieman is the guy.

BH rarely played that game. He was going to run HIS game and make you stop it.

CDAGRIZ said:
toyota1 said:

CDA you're spot on. I called him out on this as well in another post. A pure Bison fan who gets his rocks off posing as a Griz fan....a la IronBeagle style. People are sh$tshows.

My take on Mr Stitt is this: He is VERY smart and will run things HIS way.

Ends up being a "coach" I'd love to play for.

He is not the players friend or father figure but is the COACH.

Umista said:
My take on Mr Stitt is this: He is VERY smart and will run things HIS way.

Ends up being a "coach" I'd love to play for.

He is not the players friend or father figure but is the COACH.
Typically there are two types of coaches. 1) disciplinarian, the Saban type. 2) players coaches, more like Baldwin and Decquire. Stitt seems to blend those two qualities together pretty well it seems, at least from the outside looking in. I'd say Urban Meyer would be a blend of the two as well. Then you get Ash....who is just plain unlucky.

Everything I need to know about coach Stitt is in this paraphrased quote:

"....before I retire ... I’d love to go head-to-head with the best defensive coordinators in the country.”

Gotta love his confidence!

get'em_griz said:
toyota1 said:

Talk about coaching nightmares, imagine telling your players only once what to do and if that can't be done, they are smart enough to do something else on the run. Yeah what a bitch.

fanofzoo said:
get'em_griz said:
toyota1 said:

Talk about coaching nightmares, imagine telling your players only once what to do and if that can't be done, they are smart enough to do something else on the run. Yeah what a bitch.

Well, smart is great, but it only gets you so far. As Coach Stitt noted, he had wide receivers with 4.8 speed. You can be as smart as hell, but it won't do you a bit of good if the other guy can easily and routinely outrun you and outhit you. In that regard, he maximized what he could do with what he had. Now he has players who may be a notch or two less smart, but who have much better overall athleticism. It may take them a bit longer to get up to speed than his previous players, but they'll get there. Let's see what he can do with that. I'm betting it will be a lot.

westnodak93bison said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

In theory. Don't most offenses do this?

Brady Gustafson (our likely new starting QB) said during this spring ball that last year the Griz had no options. They were to run the play as called from the sideline, no changes at the LOS. He loves having the new options.

Latest posts

Back