• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Super Bowl

Who will you be rooting for?

• Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 54 76.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
Ursa Major said:
Nothing Atlanta could do. Tom Brady made a Faustian deal with the Devil. Maybe two when you think about who he married.

I beg to differ, they could've done something pretty obvious. If Shanny Jr. wasn't so football smart he could've run on second, run on third and worst case scenario kick a 40 yard FG for a 10 point lead with one of the best kickers in the game. You can blame Ryan for taking a sack, but he's not mobile and shouldn't be put in that position. Terrible game management.

Ignorant shit like this thread is exactly why I was rooting for the Pats. I am a Raider fan, and the tuck rule game still haunts me. I should hate the Patriots, but I don’t. I respect excellence.

We are in the day and age were we hate a winner. Jealously and resentment trumps all logic. “They are cheaters, Brady is a dick, etc, etc.” Pathetic.

Deflategate was a fucking joke. The Patriots won that game 45-7, and scored most of their points after halftime when the balls were changed. And, how would it explain the Colts being held to 7? Do you know how many former NFL Quarterbacks have come out and told stories about forming their footballs to their liking?

Yeah, the Pats may have pushed it at times, but the offenses are about as egregious as an MLB pitcher licking his finger too many times.

Pathetic.

Ok, I do not have a favorite in this game. However, I really think the NFL needs to revamp their overtime rules so that each team has one possession before sudden death kicks in. The odds of winning are totally slanted to whoever wins the coin toss.
That is not to take away anything form the Patriots because they played a heck of a game as did the Falcons.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
I really think the NFL needs to revamp their overtime rules

...all the conversation regarding this...
...the obvious is always forgotten /overlooked...
...the driving force..the point spread/the over/under...
...what makes football the best of all sports..the gambling...

... :cool: ...

Face it. Atlanta showed up for one half and then pissed down their legs and let Brady put ton of points on them to close the game. Better team won.

Don't like the Patriots though...

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Ok, I do not have a favorite in this game. However, I really think the NFL needs to revamp their overtime rules so that each team has one possession before sudden death kicks in. The odds of winning are totally slanted to whoever wins the coin toss.
That is not to take away anything form the Patriots because they played a heck of a game as did the Falcons.

I disagree. This is professional football. If you can't stop them from scoring a TD, you don't deserve to win. That's why they changed the OT rules a few year ago to current format. I agree that if you give up a FG you get a shot. But stop them from scoring a TD. You get paid millions to do your job. That's why I enjoy college OT rules in college and the new OT rules in the NFL as they are.

Extra innings in MLB: Both teams get chance to score. Players are paid millions.
OT in NBA: Both teams play until end of OT regulation. Players are paid millions.

Regardless of the fact that NFL players get paid millions, both teams should get a shot in OT.

jodcon said:
You just can't take a sack there. Door is open now.
That was a Darrell Bevell type call the Seahawks did 2 years ago. Why would they even consider passing the ball there. 2nd down, 4 min to go, 8 point lead, 23 yard line of pats. Run the ball twice, eat up a bunch of time, then kick FG. 11 point lead and game over. These OCs keep handing the pats SB victories when the game could have easily been won.

NativeGriz said:
jodcon said:
That was a Darrell Bevell type call the Seahawks did 2 years ago. Why would they even consider passing the ball there. 2nd down, 4 min to go, 8 point lead, 23 yard line of pats. Run the ball twice, eat up a bunch of time, then kick FG. 11 point lead and game over. These OCs keep handing the pats SB victories when the game could have easily been won.

This is Football - as all Griz fans should know - don't trust your kicker to win the game. Falcons won all year by being an aggressive offense and won several games that way. If they got conservative and missed the kick or it was blocked as their point after was (and illegitimately taken away), then they'd be criticized for that.

I'm going with the Faustian deal with the Devil concept - that or just the way the GOAT's of Brady and Belichick are. Great game - Falcons dominated the first 2/3's of the game and Patriots came back in historic fashion.

Wish the Griz could do that in WaGriz.

Bullshit, they had first down at the 22, you run 3 times and worst scenario kick a 35 yard field goal which Bryant hits every time and go up 11 with 2 minutes left and win the game. That's the right way to play it, Brady should have never had the chance to tie it up.

This is exactly like the Vikings loss to the Saints, except they could have taken the clock to 0 as a bonus. Don't care that the Patriots won but saying it was all Brady and Bill is incorrect.

behappp said:
NativeGriz said:
jodcon said:

This is Football - as all Griz fans should know - don't trust your kicker to win the game. Falcons won all year by being an aggressive offense and won several games that way. If they got conservative and missed the kick or it was blocked as their point after was (and illegitimately taken away), then they'd be criticized for that.

I'm going with the Faustian deal with the Devil concept - that or just the way the GOAT's of Brady and Belichick are. Great game - Falcons dominated the first 2/3's of the game and Patriots came back in historic fashion.

Not the place to be aggressive when you have the victory in the bag. The Atlanta kicker was over 95% from inside 50 this year. A 40 yarder would have been a chip shot. Cost them the super bowl trying to pass there.

jodcon said:
Bullshit, they had first down at the 22, you run 3 times and worst scenario kick a 35 yard field goal which Bryant hits every time and go up 11 with 2 minutes left and win the game. That's the right way to play it, Brady should have never had the chance to tie it up.

This is exactly like the Vikings loss to the Saints, except they could have taken the clock to 0 as a bonus. Don't care that the Patriots won but saying it was all Brady and Bill is incorrect.

This X 1,000,000! Shanahan completely blew it and he knows and admitted to it! He let his ego interfere with common sense!

I have been a Falcons fan for 38 years and this loss without a doubt is the most soul crushing loss that I have ever experienced as a fan. All the Griz losses in the national championships combined don't hold a candle to how bummed I am over this one. I'm not sure that I will ever have faith in this team until I see them hoisting the trophy with my own eyes! Its going to take a lot of time for the Atlanta fan base to recover from this one!

NativeGriz said:
behappp said:
NativeGriz said:
jodcon said:

Not the place to be aggressive when you have the victory in the bag. The Atlanta kicker was over 95% from inside 50 this year. A 40 yarder would have been a chip shot. Cost them the super bowl trying to pass there.

Ironic the fans of a college team that collapsed the last 1/3 of last season are discussing the Superbowl team that collapsed the last 1/3 of last night's game. These collapses were team collapses on both sides of the ball. But they didn't happen in a vacuum. The opponents still had to execute to win. Gotta give credit where it is due.

AKGriz72 said:
jodcon said:

This X 1,000,000! Shanahan completely blew it and he knows and admitted to it! He let his ego interfere with common sense!

I have been a Falcons fan for 38 years and this loss without a doubt is the most soul crushing loss that I have ever experienced as a fan. All the Griz losses in the national championships combined don't hold a candle to how bummed I am over this one. I'm not sure that I will ever have faith in this team until I see them hoisting the trophy with my own eyes! Its going to take a lot of time for the Atlanta fan base to recover from this one!

devil-whisper-in-ear.jpg

ordigger said:
mlbowl said:
The_Real_Chief said:
Allezchat said:
Peyton Manning Retired last year. So the GOAT is not playing anymore......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

4>2

0 scandals > many scandals
Tom Brady and the Cheatriots are going down!

Back to the drawing board for you. Falcons loss a 2016 draft pick for pumping noise into their stadium. Patriots have one scandal.

So its 1 vs 1

Uh, I was referring to the Brady > Manning thing. And if you think the Cheatriots have only been involved in 1 scandal, then there's most likely no help for you.

...asked a falcon fan...
...change for a dollar bill...
...he only game me 3 quarters...

... :cool: ...

AKGriz72 said:
jodcon said:

I'm not even a Falcon fan and it still bugs me. I don't like that Coach Bel and Brady are seen as these super heros. They are great at what they do, but best ever is only because two OCs went stupid at the wrong time in the last 2 Patriot SBs.

Back