• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

SUU

I don't see a weekly pick for this game yet. I would like to see the Griz win but I think SUU is better than expected and the team in a bit of a funk from the Poly game. Our Griz and crowd get shocked for a disappointing home loss. Inconsistent play on offense gets us again in this game. I was hoping the Poly game would be a kick in the rear and serve as motivation. But just not sure it was..

Thirds 35
Griz 31

I highly doubt the Griz are in a funk. LOL. Nothing I've seen post game from Saturday would indicate a "funk". LOL. Teams that are bottom dwellars in their conference, like Sac State are in funks. Good teams go back to work on Monday, or Tuesday in the Griz' case and worry about what's in front of them, not what's behind them. The Griz are a good football team. They're not worried about Cal Poly anymore.

You'd think they should be, if poly con't to play as they have, they'll be in the playoffs...or lol, they take a dump for the rest of the season...ha! Isn't that why everyone enjoys the game....ya just never know for sure.

SUU has a very good defense. They hung around with a very good Utah team for most of the game. Their D-line is very impressive and will really test our O-line and Brady. This will be a defensive game much like the UNI game was. Special teams will be huge and points will be a premium.

grizcountry420 said:
CV Griz Fan said:
GrizLA said:
From what little I have seen of SUU, I would say they pose a greater challenge to UM than Cal Poly did. Their 31 year old stud is going to need double coverage....I hate to say this as I am generally a "homer" but I think homecoming this year is going to be disappointing for UM....I hope I am wrong...but..............

One has to believe the Griz get the win at home....

and we can do that as long as we dont turn the ball over.
I streamed some of the PSU-SUU game and from the little I watched I was impressed with SUU - they looked really good on defense. It also seems like the Griz struggle to play well on homecoming, although I think winning on homecoming might be the last intact winning streak the Griz have left. My guess is if the Griz are -2 or worse in turnover margin the homecoming winning streak comes to an end and UM will be looking at needing to beat the Cats to make the playoffs.

I think the Griz will play well, if conservative to avoid turnovers, and pull out the win this weekend.

edit: AJ's reported the 18 game homecoming win streak was broken by NAU in 2012. I believe the only significant win streak left for Montana is against UNC, which goes back to 1976.

I have a ticket on the 50 yard line, much thanks to which ever Griz fan gave that up. Leaving Regina (the town that rhymes with fun) Saskatchewan at noon on Friday, in town for the tailgates and can't wait. Griz 41 SUU 17, book it Dano!

If we would have scored 2 more points against Poly this whole board would be predicting we blow SUU out.....this place is amazing.

...someone explain to me...
...how losing to utah 24-nothing...
...is giving utah all they could handle...

... :?: ...

Much rather play SUU, unlike last year the Griz didn't get the opportunity. SUU at home, yum. The soothsayers just need to be at the game(stay for four quarters), be loud, be proud, have some fun and support the best show in town.

I'm thinking this game is must win, particularly after the debacle in SLO. Griz can't open the league with two losses.

Diesel said:
Much rather play SUU, unlike last year the Griz didn't get the opportunity. SUU at home, yum. The soothsayers just need to be at the game(stay for four quarters), be loud, be proud, have some fun and support the best show in town.

:thumb:

mcg said:
I'm thinking this game is must win, particularly after the debacle in SLO. Griz can't open the league with two losses.
"Debacle" you must not have watched the game. Great coaching on both sides, players leaving it all on the field, CP won. Every game is a must win, particularly in the playoffs. The Griz will be in the playoffs, because the program and the performance of the team is far from a debacle. Proud to support a university with student athletes that put a great product on the field. The Griz get to play SUU saturday, yum.

Diesel said:
How can you argue with a man from Saskatoon? Enjoy the tailgates, oh and the game too.

Actually Regina which rhymes with "all the trouble men get into that can't be blamed solely on booze" but close enough. Love the positive posts, lots of egrizzers including myself need to remember how good our team is. The Poly game sure wasn't a "debacle" and this team of student athletes should make us all proud!

GO GRIZ!!! Two days until kickoff!

Back