• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

SUU

Diesel said:
Might be wrong thread to make this observation (I am on the Bob Stitt bandwagon). Comment Bob made about not using formation changes in his offense. Short down running formations have been less than innovative or effective.

The completely balanced tight formation used at UNI and the power formation last year against NDSU. The offensive coaches obviously saw a need for a power short yard formation. Triple option teams are most efficient at short yardage, even in balanced triple option formation they use motion to draw defenders or make defenders account for the motion. Off balanced offensive lines with motion seem to be most effective even if QB sneak is run, there has to be an element of options so defense can't key on the play. Heavy balanced formation as played against UNI allowed defense to overplay A gaps and pinch and contain horizontal ball movement with DEs and DBs could shoot inside or have good angles for outside run, defense had advantage both ways. Heavy formation last year was almost as bad with slight improvement to strong side. A good fast paced motion with a unbalanced line with motion towards strong side causes defensive attention or formation to shift. This opens up weak side for cutback RB run if middle is clogged or QB shift to weak side if middle is clogged on QB keeper. There is also swing pass to motion player option. Not trying to be a know it all, just an observation.

This week against a head coach that is a defensive coach there are going to be short yardage situations, at some point it would be nice for the coaching staff implement formations and or plays to put players in better position for success on third or fourth and short heavy formations. They have used normal formations successfully to convert in short down situations. The sky isn't falling, just would like to see offense continue to progress.
Is Diesel the best new poster of the year? I appreciate his posts and I especially appreciate his temperament. He's got opinions but he's not a complete jackhole like 75 and PR.
Nice work!

For a big truck driver to acknowledge the complicated Griz formations and for him to explain so my girl friend understands I think we must keep an eye on Diesel. He might be the EGriz answer to #16 the fastest burner the Griz have had for damn long time. Yep, old Diesel could be on track to win the awards...

Thanks ursa. Love football. Read stories about UM players, recently JLM and Sander's, how can you not cheer these guys on.

Alot of high class people involved in the UM football program for along time, SUU coach said Griz are a gold standard program. What makes it that, the people. Even if you don't agree with others, if you show them respect, it makes you respectable. I see some of the pissing matches on threads and I don't have time for them. If that what floats their boat, so be it, that's cool.

I like to talk football and focus on the positive human aspects of it, if you think of it...we want the coaches and players to have high standards, shouldn't we be a little respectful. Time on Egriz has been good a lot of people who care about the program's success. Even like the rowdies, like the humor, guys will call you out if you don't communicate well, thats cool.

I'll work on being moe complete in my Jackholeness. Not all into the "We are Montana" crap. I'm a go griz'er.

EverettGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Dictionary.com:

Debacle

1. A general breakup or dispersion; sudden downfall or rout: The revolution ended in a debacle.
2. A complete collapse or failure.

No, I don't think "debacle" really fits. Maybe "disappointment" would be a better term.

Agreed.

Now, we have experience on this board with revolutions ending in a debacle. Just ask Ursa once his stay in that Costa Rica prison ends.

In bozemanshitpond it's just referred to as a CATastrophe year in year out......

4de5e86f067408d41f25c2b568667554.jpg

Diesel said:
Thanks ursa. Love football. Read stories about UM players, recently JLM and Sander's, how can you not cheer these guys on.

Alot of high class people involved in the UM football program for along time, SUU coach said Griz are a gold standard program. What makes it that, the people. Even if you don't agree with others, if you show them respect, it makes you respectable. I see some of the pissing matches on threads and I don't have time for them. If that what floats their boat, so be it, that's cool.

I like to talk football and focus on the positive human aspects of it, if you think of it...we want the coaches and players to have high standards, shouldn't we be a little respectful. Time on Egriz has been good a lot of people who care about the program's success. Even like the rowdies, like the humor, guys will call you out if you don't communicate well, thats cool.

I'll work on being moe complete in my Jackholeness. Not all into the "We are Montana" crap. I'm a go griz'er.
Thank YOU.

bhumble said:
You're going to get rolled. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not sure where you're coming from. Is it because I like Stitt? We have something in common we both like coach Mike Kramer, he seems to have thick skin, at the end of the day we are who we are, who cares if it is not popular.

Bear Axed said:
EverettGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Dictionary.com:

Debacle

1. A general breakup or dispersion; sudden downfall or rout: The revolution ended in a debacle.

No, I don't think "debacle" really fits. Maybe "disappointment" would be a better term.

Agreed.

Now, we have experience on this board with revolutions ending in a debacle. Just ask Ursa once his stay in that Costa Rica prison ends.

In bozemanshitpond it's just referred to as a CATastrophe year in year out......

Solid work, BA!!

Diesel said:

:thumb:

EverettGriz said:
Bear Axed said:
EverettGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Dictionary.com:

Debacle

Agreed.

Solid work, BA!!
+2 :clap:

Diesel said:
bhumble said:

Not sure where you're coming from. Is it because I like Stitt? We have something in common we both like coach Mike Kramer, he seems to have thick skin, at the end of the day we are who we are, who cares if it is not popular.
FYI Humble is an ISU fan. Not sure why he is afraid to put that in his profile, but it does seem like there are about 20 people on here that are either ashamed of their team or are just here to be anti-Griz.

Grizbeer said:
Diesel said:
bhumble said:

FYI Humble is an ISU fan. Not sure why he is afraid to put that in his profile, but it does seem like there are about 20 people on here that are either ashamed of their team or are just here to be anti-Griz.

I think you could safely triple that estimate. And each one of those 60 would give up their left nut to be a GRIZ.

Grizbeer said:
Diesel said:
bhumble said:

Thanks Grizbeer, if true that's alright. ISU is my favorite away game. Town treats Griz fans well, the fans are respectful. Kramer is a Montana guy.

Eastern On the other hand...punks...Stadium is a joke...soar loosers...they have to block Montana fans from turning EWU into Washington Griz Stadium West, those guys are classless. Baldwin is Cool I like Rocket Man...he has kept that craphole afloat.

Diesel said:

thanks for the informative posts Diesel :thumb:

SUU was as good as advertised. They are big and fast on both sides of the ball. QB and RB Brown look alot bigger coming off the bus than what they are listed on paper. Well coached on defense they take real good angles and tackle well.

That being said, UM kicking game is in a funk, even on line of scrimage. Running game was solid. Watching live, Good BG/Bad BG at times. Looking at recording of game, I have alot of respect for BG. Missed several things live. Snaps were sometimes slow, throwing off timimg and allowing DL penetration. Lots of wash into BG. Very strong DL pushing OL men into Brady 13:06 in 2nd quarter, live looked like bad pass and it was, but didn't see OL pushed into BG as ball was thrown. Also, between motion, option read or fake hand off, then to set feet and throw....that is not vanilla. BG wasn't perfect, but very impressive. Multiple formations, almost had heavy goaline formation, until replay was a TD. Left a little money on the table, good win over a good team. Go Griz!

That was a good defense, but not very good as some say, or even the best we will face this year. The DL did manage to control the LOS for a good part. The secondary was guilt of miscommunication and other problems that left our receivers wide open. Missed tackled caused them problems at key moments. But give Brady credit, he recognized what they were giving and he was impressive with his reads.

Good article from the SUU newspaper here http://www.thespectrum.com/story/sports/2016/10/01/suu-football-t-birds-mauled-grizzlies-montana/91412448/

fencer24 said:
Good article from the SUU newspaper here http://www.thespectrum.com/story/sports/2016/10/01/suu-football-t-birds-mauled-grizzlies-montana/91412448/
I think JLM is a catalyst for what their coach described as "they are all over the field." His play is so "electric" that everyone focuses on him now, and that opens everything else up. As the SWX announcer noted on one play, "that was probably one of the most exciting three yard gains I've ever seen." Odd that he was not recruited, just a non-schollie walk on. Interesting how one kid can have such an influence.

And John Nguyen looks to have been taking JLM lessons. He really did some nice moves yesterday, as agile as I've ever seen him play.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
That was a good defense, but not very good as some say, or even the best we will face this year.
Frankly, I was glad SUU was not on our schedule last year. Like PSU, they came out of no-where and had one of those TV-movie seasons. This year, the movie may be over.

Back