• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

THANK YOU GRIZ NATION - from Ellis Henderson

The Real_EH#7

First of all, I want to thank all of you for the well wishes & heart felt sentiments. It has been a challenging time for me personally. I came to Missoula with two simple goals in mind. (1) Get my degree and (2) Play championship caliber football for the Griz. Obviously, my current condition has "temporarily" interrupted my personal goals.

The best approach for a remedy & care is for me to return to the Portland area, where I can receive the best possible care available under my attending physicians who originally pin-pointed my illness in mid July this summer. I made every possible attempt to continue my education & play but my condition has overwhelmed me emotionally and physically.

However, my withdrawal from UM is not planned to be final!

My passion and affection for the University of Montana is now a part of my personal DNA. I will bleed Maroon and Silver for the rest of my life. It has been an honor to represent the university on and off the field. I am anxious to return ASAP, but I also understand the process will take numerous weeks, potentially several months.

I am truly blessed and touched by all the well wishes and prayers from our incredible fan base. Keep the entire team, coaches and staff in your thoughts and prayers as well. We are appreciative more than you could ever know!

Up With Montana!
#7 Ellis Henderson

For those wondering, yes, this is the real Ellis Henderson.

Thanks for posting, Ellis. Come back well next year.

The hell with the "Elite" program crap.

Let's just simplify this and agree, GRIZ NATION is full of "Elite" players when it comes to being standout people, on and off the playing field.

God Bless you, Ellis. You and your family are in all our prayers.
His post sure makes me thankful for everything that is part of GRIZ NATION. Thank you Ellis, I think you have touched many here well beyond the playing field.

:clap:

Ellis, what a terrific post.

We have been blessed to have had the opportunity to watch you represent the University of Montana. It has truly been an honor.

Get yourself well. We'll wait! :thumb:

Our prayers are with you.

great post from a class act. We can only hope that you can recover and continue on with your goals. Go Ellis and go GRIZ

Thank you Ellis for some awesome memories and for showing everyone what a classy young man you are. I feel confident saying you will heal up 100% and be a better man for all all you went through. Again thanks and get healed up. Up With Montana Boys :thumb:

Class act #7! Go and get yourself well and Griz Nation will welcome you back to tear it up on Saturdays..... :clap: v :clap:

putter said:
Class act #7! Go and get yourself well and Griz Nation will welcome you back to tear it up on Saturdays..... :clap: v :clap:

I am sure many will welcome him back as a student. Football or not, I am pulling for him. :thumb:

Get well soon Ellis. Thank you for coming to Montana, it has been awesome watching you play. I hope you will make it back so we can see you play again for the maroon and silver. God knows our new Qb's will need you next year.
Go Griz! :thumb:

Get well! You're an amazing athlete. Griz nation is behind you 100%. Hope we see you on the field again soon and destroy other team's dbs.

First off Ellis major kudos to you for showing the incredible strength, character, and courage (mental, emotional, physical) it clearly takes to go public with such an articulate and eloquent statement. It reflects exceptionally well on the man you are and the parents who raised you. You are a young man who will be very successful in whatever you do in life and our prayers and support are with you and your family as you recover your health and fitness and hopefully regain the opportunity to return to the gridiron and University you clearly love and the teammates, coaches, and fans whose lives you have touched and made such an indelible mark upon. Best of all fortunes to you #7. :thumb:

Get well soon Ellis!! Thank you for an extremely classy post and can't wait til you are back making some more great memories for us Griz fans, you have given us many already! Praying for you that this virus will go away.

Classy message from a classy guy and an unbelievable talent. Thanks for the memories and the future accomplishments to come.

Thank you Ellis Henderson! Best of luck on a speedy recovery so you can continue on and accomplish your goals with the same heart and passion you display on the football field. It has been an honor watching you do your thing on the football field and I look forward to hearing when you reach your goal of becoming a college graduate from the University of Montana.

Take care

Back