• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

THANK YOU GRIZ NATION - from Ellis Henderson

Ellis,

Its been a pleasure watching you play. My wishes for you are the following in order of priority:

#1 - get healthy
#2 - get your degree
#3 - get back on the field

I don't know you, but you have always seemed to me to be a stand up guy from a good family. You'll always be a Griz and one of my personal favorites at that. God speed #7!

Thanks EH for the post, please keep us updated if you would as to your progress. All of Griz nation is pulling for you and your family. You have no idea just how big your family has become. Like I said in another post, I hope the team puts #7 on their helmet and lets all dedicate the rest of the season to Ellis, honorary team captain in my book. :thumb:

Ellis,
I spent 6 years in Missoula getting my physical therapy degree. I enjoyed all aspects of campus life. ALL OF THEM! Some I still cherish, some I regret. The one thing I cherish above all else is the degree I received and the permanent connection I developed with the University and Missoula. It seems like you already have the connection. Now get your degree. Football be damned. If you make it back, I will be your biggest fan, If you don't and get your degree instead, I will still be your biggest fan. Our family prays for you daily. Get well and God Bless!

from this cat fan, best of luck to you ellis. for selfish reasons it'd be easy to not want to see you wearing the maroon and silver again. but i'm on record saying how much i wish you were a cat. you're everything that is right about sports and your post here proves that. best of luck to you and i want to see you back on the field. even if it's not in the colors i like. :thumb:

ilovethecats said:
from this cat fan, best of luck to you ellis. for selfish reasons it'd be easy to not want to see you wearing the maroon and silver again. but i'm on record saying how much i wish you were a cat. you're everything that is right about sports and your post here proves that. best of luck to you and i want to see you back on the field. even if it's not in the colors i like. :thumb:

classy post!

grizatwork said:
ilovethecats said:

classy post!
Yes it was, thanks ilovethecats

ilovethecats said:

:clap:

Thank you, ILTC! Beers are on me for the Brawl!

Ellis, sending my very best to you in your recovery. I don't know your illness, but I know that Crohn's disease tried to derail my life when i was about your age. It is a worthy opponent, but it lost. I'm now 43. I have a beautiful family and run half marathons for fun. I learned a ton from that journey, believe it or not, mostly good. A disease with no cure, I'm still on that path, but Crohns does not control me. You have all the tools to rise above whatever it is that ails you, too, one day at a time. You are in my prayers. Whatever your battle is, you have an army - even in blue and gold - behind you. All our best, jd

Ellis represents everything that is right about college athletics. He is a supreme talent, but it sure seems like EH is an even better person than he is a player. Good luck Ellis in kicking this illness and getting back to what you love doing (making amazing plays seem routine). Griz nation is in your corner.

Ellis, you're the man! Thank you for everything you've given us! Now go get better. GRIZ NATION will miss you but will be wishing you well!

To you.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Football is just a game. A rivalry makes the game more fun and interesting. Clearly there are more important things than the game or a rivalry. Mr. Henderson, you are an amazing talent and your team is MUCH better when you are on the field. Whatever it is you're fighting, keep kicking its ass. Much respect from this cat fan and hope to see you back next year.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

EverettGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

:clap:

Thank you, ILTC! Beers are on me for the Brawl!
i want to say thank you EG but im not sure what you're saying? perhaps robgriz could help me out here? if i did something good and there is a reward in the form of a brew i'm all for it. however, i'm not capable of this kind of comprehension.

RobGriz!!!! Please help!!!

Bless you, Ellis. Get well and strong. And, with some luck, you'll be back in Missoula next fall to wow all of us again with your football skills.

Ellis, your current impairment really resonates with me and my heart goes out to you. I hope it finds a resolution quickly. You're a fine person and I'm proud to root for you. You deserve a full recovery and another shot at representing us. Regardless, all the best with your endeavors.

Back