• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thanks for the Warning

It was last year that it was "too cold" and there was snow on the ground for the cats to play and they headed back to Bozeman ( much to the relief of many of us in Gt. Falls)

Retiredram1 said:
It was last year that it was "too cold" and there was snow on the ground for the cats to play and they headed back to Bozeman ( much to the relief of many of us in Gt. Falls)

Ah, that's right. I think I have a picture of ron driving the team bus out of Great Falls. The funny thing is that if you look closely, you can still see the tattered remnants of a #9 cat jersey hanging from the front bumper.

IntuitiveGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:
Retiredram1 said:
Having watched the local Gt. Falls news coverage of the Cat scrimmage, I was amazed that their "scary good" offense could only score one touchdown against their defense. That same defense when interviewed said that coach had a meeting with them during halftime about pride ( and commitment, I am sure) and THEN they increased their intensity.

Just to give you some perspective, no offensive starters played, except Prukop who played I think 15 downs, WR's 1-6 all sat out as well as RB's 1-5 on the depth chart. Beau Sandland also did not play. The scrimmage was more so a battle for a few remaining travel spots on the roster. Biggest surprise of this spring would be the possibility of cutting Tanner Roderick, he's just not finding a way to contribute this year, as of right now he's 3rd string slot WR.

RB's 1-3 sat out of the scrimmage (Chad Newell, Gunnar Brekke, Anthony Knight).

RB's 4-6 played in the scrimmage (Nick LaSane, Tavon Dodd, Noah James)

LaSane 11-78, Dodd 17-67, James 10-32.

So the 4-6 RB's racked up 177 yards on on 38 carries? Sounds like a scary good D to me!

SeattleBobcat said:
Retiredram1 said:
Having watched the local Gt. Falls news coverage of the Cat scrimmage, I was amazed that their "scary good" offense could only score one touchdown against their defense. That same defense when interviewed said that coach had a meeting with them during halftime about pride ( and commitment, I am sure) and THEN they increased their intensity.

Just to give you some perspective, no offensive starters played, except Prukop who played I think 15 downs, WR's 1-6 all sat out as well as RB's 1-5 on the depth chart. Beau Sandland also did not play. The scrimmage was more so a battle for a few remaining travel spots on the roster. Biggest surprise of this spring would be the possibility of cutting Tanner Roderick, he's just not finding a way to contribute this year, as of right now he's 3rd string slot WR.

Is it common for teams to use their spring scrimmages to round out their "travel spots on the roster?" Doesn't sound right to me, but perhaps this is how they roll in bozo. :?:

SoldierGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:
Retiredram1 said:

Is it common for teams to use their spring scrimmages to round out their "travel spots on the roster?" Doesn't sound right to me, but perhaps this is how they roll in bozo. :?:

Spring scrimmage: You're not doing it right. :lol: :lol:

SoldierGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:
Retiredram1 said:

It's just one of those years where we're ridiculously stacked on Offense. At RB alone you're looking at proven rock stars in Brekke, Newell, and Knight that will all be fighting for carries behind our veteran O Line. It's a shame that players like LaSane and Dodd may not get a lot of carries this year with how talented they are.

poorgriz said:
SoldierGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:
Retiredram1 said:

It's just one of those years where we're ridiculously stacked on Offense. At RB alone you're looking at proven rock stars in Brekke, Newell, and Knight that will all be fighting for carries behind our veteran O Line. It's a shame that players like LaSane and Dodd may not get a lot of carries this year with how talented they are.

Not to worry, since as CDA noted, Ron sends his third stringers off to the NFL.

poorgriz said:
SoldierGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:
Retiredram1 said:

Oh yeah...just one of those years, you guys are all too familiar with the burden of having too much talent :thumb:

Back