• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

That was ugly

mcg said:
There is no doubt in my mind that JJ is hurt. He got hit hard and late on one of the touchdown passes (I think) and limped off the field. I was actually surprised he came back in on the next series. I suspect this is the ankle injury from UND. I think he will have to 'manage' this injury the thru the rest of the season. It would be logical to limit his running to limit the additional aggravation of this injury.

Look at JJ's 2009 stats. http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jordan-johnson/pQDtPvTrEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm#year=09-10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Over 1000 yds rushing and 20 rushing TD's. Forget he ever threw a pass or got sacked. Running backs who rush for 1000 yds and 20 tds get beat up, and play through those dings and dents and pain. I can assure you Jordy has run and run well in his current condition and knows how to protect himself if he's not 100 %. It's not soccer.

horribilisfan8184 said:
mcg said:
There is no doubt in my mind that JJ is hurt. He got hit hard and late on one of the touchdown passes (I think) and limped off the field. I was actually surprised he came back in on the next series. I suspect this is the ankle injury from UND. I think he will have to 'manage' this injury the thru the rest of the season. It would be logical to limit his running to limit the additional aggravation of this injury.

Look at JJ's 2009 stats. http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jordan-johnson/pQDtPvTrEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm#year=09-10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Over 1000 yds rushing and 20 rushing TD's. Forget he ever threw a pass or got sacked. Running backs who rush for 1000 yds and 20 tds get beat up, and play through those dings and dents and pain. I can assure you Jordy has run and run well in his current condition and knows how to protect himself if he's not 100 %. It's not soccer.

Agreed. Montana should run its offense, and that includes the option of Jordy running the football. To "save" him for bigger games is ridiculous.

monte is a character said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
mcg said:

Agreed. Montana should run its offense, and that includes the option of Jordy running the football. To "save" him for bigger games is ridiculous.

I think that's a great strategy as long as you are willing to play EWU and the kitty-kats with your reserve quarterback. The difference with last year is that JJ is getting blasted after he passes as the offensive line has (shall we say) room for improvement on pass protection. One of those plays sent out of the UND game and it was clear Saturday that one of those plays sent him limping off the field. If you want JJ to play 5 (or more) additional games you either have to substantially improve the pass protection or work to limit the number of hard hits he has to take. I think that's reality.

Ugly is not a decent way to describe the game. We did not BLOW Davis out but we beat them and looked decent in doing so.

Big G should have said "That was Decent" and let it go at that.

How can you watch ugly .....standing right beside pretty.....and then make an ass out of yourself?

mcg said:
monte is a character said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
mcg said:

I think that's a great strategy as long as you are willing to play EWU and the kitty-kats with your reserve quarterback. The difference with last year is that JJ is getting blasted after he passes as the offensive line has (shall we say) room for improvement on pass protection. One of those plays sent out of the UND game and it was clear Saturday that one of those plays sent him limping off the field. If you want JJ to play 5 (or more) additional games you either have to substantially improve the pass protection or work to limit the number of hard hits he has to take. I think that's reality.

Playing scared is for losers. QBs get hurt more getting hit on passing plays than when they run because they can not protect themselves on passing plays. They can slide and cover up to avoid big hits on the types of running plays that JJ does when he is unleashed.

I think they should open the playbook and let JJ run. The way they are calling games this year he is a crash test dummy in the pocket after the pass is released. If he runs, he is a harder target to hit and if he slides (which he should) at least on a late hit there would be a penalty.

IdaGriz01 said:
Grisly Fan said:
cclarkblues said:
.. on a late hit there would be a penalty.
Yes, true, unless the whistle has blown and the rushers "didn't hear it" :roll:
Oh now, that would never happen :bad:
Would it? :mrgreen: ;)

I figure with a slide, it might be a little more noticeable. Apparently they don't see it if he is standing.

Latest posts

Back