• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

THE REAL STORY FROM JR's DAD

Rjones61 said:
Do.... do people actually believe this?

You don't just eat a weed brownie and not know it. And let me guess, "he doesn't know who gave him the brownie", so tracing it back is hopeless.

It's a little sad that a boy's father will help defend this bold faced lie instead of teaching his kid to have a little integrity. FFS

You are and always have been a F-ing idiot on this board. Get out of here. I'm glad the dad came on, provided information, and supported his son. Posters like you and NWFresh should be run out of here.

Thanks to JR's dad. I hope your son gets some relief from the (corrupt) ncaa. He's a terrific player, and I assume a great kid. He has my full support.

Thanks for the info Mr. Nelson. If this really is what went down, then I would think JR will have good chance of a reduced suspension. But it is the NCAA so who knows. I have heard JR is a really good kid and very goal driven. I hope this gets a fair punishment in the end. I know folks are skeptical of the story, but at the same time these kids all know the NCAA will do testing in the playoffs. They've all been there done that so it would seem very strange IMO that he would willingly and knowingly eat a pot brownie days before testing he knew would take place. Best of luck with a reasonable outcome

PlayerRep said:
Rjones61 said:

You don't just eat a weed brownie and not know it. And let me guess, "he doesn't know who gave him the brownie", so tracing it back is hopeless.

It's a little sad that a boy's father will help defend this bold faced lie instead of teaching his kid to have a little integrity. FFS

You are and always have been a F-ing idiot on this board. Get out of here. I'm glad the dad came on, provided information, and supported his son. Posters like you and NWFresh should be run out of here.

:roll:
I'll stay right here, thanks.

JR and his father are not victims. True, the punishment does not meet the crime. A two game suspension should be the maximum in this case. And it will likely be appealed into just that. But this player did something wrong and rather than fess up, him and his father came up with a ridiculous story.

giphy.gif

Five and a half games is b.s. and the whole deal sucks, but I'm going to wait to see how the whole thing shakes out before I pass judgement. JR is a good kid a a heck of a tallent and has no history of prior trouble up until this. I stand behind him regardless of the story.

Rjones61 said:
PlayerRep said:
Rjones61 said:

:roll:
I'll stay right here, thanks.

JR and his father are not victims. True, the punishment does not meet the crime. A two game suspension should be the maximum in this case. And it will likely be appealed into just that. But this player did something wrong and rather than fess up, him and his father came up with a ridiculous story.

What did JR do that was "wrong"?

What's your basis for saying this is a "ridiculous" story? Do you know the actual facts? Do you know JR or his dad?

What should JR "fess up" to?

Let's see your answers to these questions.

Do the crime - do the time. Mary Jane is illegal. The NCAA has rules. He broke the law and broke the rules. Knowingly? i don't care. In the heightened and scrutinized environment that athletes play under today - he should know better. I am not an apologist. Crazy concept called responsibility that Our culture seems to have forgotten about. Next man up.

PlayerRep said:
Rjones61 said:

Thank you! Well said!

I also believe Jr, Jr's Dad and Shaun's tweet is legit.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/731320314072686592[/tweet]

StumptownGriz said:
The old, I didnt know it was a weed brownie excuse. C'mon, anyone who's ever eaten edibles knows they smell and taste pretty strongly of pot. I'm not buying this as an excuse at all. Marijuana should NOT be against the rules/law, especially to the tune of missing half of a season. But it is what it is, and if you test positive then you deserve the consequences regardless of how ridiculous they are. Just man up, say you made a mistake and come back halfway through the season and lock guys down.
obviously you are doing it wrong.

NorthwestFresh said:
Who eats a random brownie that is given to them? Who gave it to him? Why no names? Did JR give you a name? Did that person go to the NCAA appeal hearing?

Sounds like an excuse from a guy who just messed up his senior year and isn't taking responsibility for it. Lots of holes in that story that could be filled if it's the truth. I'm guessing he got blazed on his birthday and the random test surprised him. Not a big deal at all except that it's against NCAA rules. I feel bad for your son but you can't possibly buy this story, can you?
Being the guy I am, I would probably be in trouble because I would eat the shit out of a brownie. As long as it's not that cake brownie shit, that's cake not a brownie.

Back