• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

THE REAL STORY FROM JR's DAD

PlayerRep said:
Rjones61 said:
PlayerRep said:
Rjones61 said:
Do.... do people actually believe this?

You don't just eat a weed brownie and not know it. And let me guess, "he doesn't know who gave him the brownie", so tracing it back is hopeless.

It's a little sad that a boy's father will help defend this bold faced lie instead of teaching his kid to have a little integrity. FFS

You are and always have been a F-ing idiot on this board. Get out of here. I'm glad the dad came on, provided information, and supported his son. Posters like you and NWFresh should be run out of here.

:roll:
I'll stay right here, thanks.

JR and his father are not victims. True, the punishment does not meet the crime. A two game suspension should be the maximum in this case. And it will likely be appealed into just that. But this player did something wrong and rather than fess up, him and his father came up with a ridiculous story.

What did JR do that was "wrong"?

What's your basis for saying this is a "ridiculous" story? Do you know the actual facts? Do you know JR or his dad?

What should JR "fess up" to?

Let's see your answers to these questions.

Whether you think him having weed or not is wrong is up to you. The only thing I'm disgusted with is this BS story he cooked up.

1. His dad only knows what JR told him.
2. You can taste marijuana in a brownie.
3. Just as I predicted, the brownies origin would be untraceable.
4. If he knew there was a drug test coming and was unintentionally drugged, why didn't he inform the coaches, the NCAA, and make a police report? This all would have been overturned if these actions were taken, yet here we are. This kid tried to hide it. Just like he is trying to hide it now.

JR needs to have some integrity and admit that he let down his team and kick some ass in playoffs to make up for it.

Yukon said:
StumptownGriz said:
The old, I didnt know it was a weed brownie excuse. C'mon, anyone who's ever eaten edibles knows they smell and taste pretty strongly of pot. I'm not buying this as an excuse at all. Marijuana should NOT be against the rules/law, especially to the tune of missing half of a season. But it is what it is, and if you test positive then you deserve the consequences regardless of how ridiculous they are. Just man up, say you made a mistake and come back halfway through the season and lock guys down.
obviously you are doing it wrong.

This! It's legal over here guys, it might blow your mind with the products/ingredients you'd find available right off the shelf makes non taste/smell brownies! I do understand that rules are rules but it's time to leave the dark ages behind and legalize it in Montana and everywhere else! :thumb:

Rjones61 said:
PlayerRep said:
Rjones61 said:
PlayerRep said:
You are and always have been a F-ing idiot on this board. Get out of here. I'm glad the dad came on, provided information, and supported his son. Posters like you and NWFresh should be run out of here.

JR and his father are not victims. True, the punishment does not meet the crime. A two game suspension should be the maximum in this case. And it will likely be appealed into just that. But this player did something wrong and rather than fess up, him and his father came up with a ridiculous story.

What's your basis for saying this is a "ridiculous" story? Do you know the actual facts? Do you know JR or his dad?

Whether you think him having weed or not is wrong is up to you. The only thing I'm disgusted with is this BS story he cooked up.

4. If he knew there was a drug test coming and was unintentionally drugged, why didn't he inform the coaches, the NCAA, and make a police report? This all would have been overturned if these actions were taken, yet here we are. This kid tried to hide it. Just like he is trying to hide it now.

JR needs to have some integrity and admit that he let down his team and kick some ass in playoffs to make up for it.

You have no information or basis to support your statement that he's making this up. You are the one who lacks integrity.

It's not true that marijuana can always be tasted in brownies. Just not true.

The ncaa does not test every football player after every playoff game. They test when they want, and furnish a list of players. So, it's not true he knew he would be tested.

What kid/student would ever file a police report that he thought there was marijuana in a brownie he ate? You are dumber than I thought.

Everyone who knows JR seems to be saying only positive things about him.

What if JR furnishes a bunch of affidavits from friends saying they have never seen or heard of his using pot?

Rjones61 said:
PlayerRep said:
Rjones61 said:
PlayerRep said:

Proof you are doing it wrong. You don't put the actual MJ in the brownies. It would taste like shit. Have you heard of cannabutter? You remove the THC from the MJ. Unless you are a dog, you can't smell THC.

PlayerRep said:
What kid/student would ever file a police report that he thought there was marijuana in a brownie he ate? You are dumber than I thought.

A KID WHO HAD JUST BEEN DRUGGED BEFORE A DRUG TEST. Moron.

He would have filed a police report, because his coach told him to, because he told his coach HE HAD JUST BEEN DRUGGED BEFORE A DRUG TEST.

Again, he tried to hide it. Just like he is trying to hide it right now.

Rjones61 said:
PlayerRep said:
Rjones61 said:
PlayerRep said:

What state do you live in? Across the river in Washington, you can buy brownies with no weed, just THC or extract, from a weed shop and never taste it. It's not like they just put actual weed in a lot of edibles anymore. Your assumption that you can "taste it" seems very antiquated. Brownies, candy, cookies, all of these things are available for purchase and you would never know the difference until you felt it.

Hiding it? Please. If your friend told you they did not know a brownie had pot in it, would you try to sell them down the river? Would you try and handle it yourself? There is a lot of misinformation out there about how long it stays in your system. Maybe, JR was trying to protect his friend and thought it would flush.

Don't be so quick to judge.

grizrgood said:
Yukon said:
StumptownGriz said:
The old, I didnt know it was a weed brownie excuse. C'mon, anyone who's ever eaten edibles knows they smell and taste pretty strongly of pot. I'm not buying this as an excuse at all. Marijuana should NOT be against the rules/law, especially to the tune of missing half of a season. But it is what it is, and if you test positive then you deserve the consequences regardless of how ridiculous they are. Just man up, say you made a mistake and come back halfway through the season and lock guys down.
obviously you are doing it wrong.

This! It's legal over here guys, it might blow your mind with the products/ingredients you'd find available right off the shelf makes non taste/smell brownies! I do understand that rules are rules but it's time to leave the dark ages behind and legalize it in Montana and everywhere else! :thumb:
:thumb: Legal here also!

Yukon said:
Rjones61 said:
PlayerRep said:
Rjones61 said:

Proof you are doing it wrong. You don't put the actual MJ in the brownies. It would taste like shit. Have you heard of cannabutter? You remove the THC from the MJ. Unless you are a dog, you can't smell THC.

Back in my college days, college kids didn't try or care enough to make superb pot brownies. But you are right that this is not strong evidence to the contrary, and I will relent on this point. The other three still stand, though. Especially the last.

Rjones61 said:
Yukon said:
Rjones61 said:
PlayerRep said:

Back in my college days, college kids didn't try or care enough to make superb pot brownies. But you are right that this is not strong evidence to the contrary, and I will relent on this point. The other three still stand, though. Especially the last.

No, the dad also know what the finance told him, probably what the friend who gave the basket said, and knows his son well. So, your no. 1 is wrong too.

No. 3 is irrelevant. The facts are the facts.

On as to no. 4, I've already posted that you are wrong on that one too.

PlayerRep said:
Rjones61 said:
Yukon said:
Rjones61 said:

No, the dad also know what the finance told him, probably what the friend who gave the basket said, and knows his son well. So, your no. 1 is wrong too.

Oh please, you have said nothing that overwrites these arguments. The point is, the father knows nothing. He is merely regurgitating stories. Number 3 shows this story is predictable and overused.

Please be explicit on why a student would not take the only logical piece of action when he had just been drugged before a drug test? He didnt tell the coach (who would have told him to submit a police report) and they did not inform the NCAA. Instead he tried to hide it.

Look I don't think that getting high is wrong. And I think that his punishment is way too harsh. However, this story sucks and is the go to story for people trying to talk their way out of a failed drug test.

Rjones61 said:
PlayerRep said:
Rjones61 said:
Yukon said:

Oh please, you have said nothing that overwrites these arguments. The point is, the father knows nothing. He is merely regurgitating stories. Number 3 shows this story is predictable and overused.

Please be explicit on why a student would not take the only logical piece of action when he had just been drugged before a drug test? He didnt tell the coach (who would have told him to submit a police report) and they did not inform the NCAA. Instead he tried to hide it.

Look I don't think that getting high is wrong. And I think that his punishment is way too harsh. However, this story sucks and is the go to story for people trying to talk their way out of a failed drug test.

So on 1, you are now admitting that the dad knows more than what his son told him, correct?

On no. 4, can you please read what is being posted or look up the ncaa rules. No player and no one at UM, let alone JR, knew that there would be a drug test after the NDSU game, or that he would be selected as one of the players if a test occurred. So, again, you are wrong. I'm sorry, but you really are stupid.

Can you give some other examples of this being the "go-to story" for failed drug tests, or what's your support for that statement, i.e. that it's the "go-to" story? Or, are you just making it up?

PlayerRep said:
So on 1, you are now admitting that the dad knows more than what his son told him, correct?

On no. 4, can you please read what is being posted or look up the ncaa rules. No player and no one at UM, let alone JR, knew that there would be a drug test after the NDSU game, or that he would be selected as one of the players if a test occurred. So, again, you are wrong. I'm sorry, but you really are stupid.

Can you give some other examples of this being the "go-to story" for failed drug tests, or what's your support for that statement, i.e. that it's the "go-to" story? Or, are you just making it up?

The father was fed a line of buls*** and swallowed it whole.nd of story.

If he didn't know he was going to be tested, the more I believe the moron got high on his birthday and is not taking responsibility. The only thing that has been presented is anecdotal evidence to the contrary. This is the most generic story to avoid responsibility possible.

I'm not going to sit here and have another long drawn out PlayerRep trying to get the last word game. The kid screwed up by getting high and getting caught. He let down his team. He needs to be a man and take responsibility.

Why do so many people give away so many weed brownies? Growing up, I thought so many more people would offer me drugs. Next to the lockers, next to the bike racks, I thought black tar heroin would flow like string cheese. Alas, I've never been offered a drug.

Rjones61 said:
PlayerRep said:

The father was fed a line of buls*** and swallowed it whole.nd of story.

If he didn't know he was going to be tested, the more I believe the moron got high on his birthday and is not taking responsibility. The only thing that has been presented is anecdotal evidence to the contrary. This is the most generic story to avoid responsibility possible.

I'm not going to sit here and have another long drawn out PlayerRep trying to get the last word game. The kid screwed up by getting high and getting caught. He let down his team. He needs to be a man and take responsibility.

Now read this ncaa Q&A, and then tell us how JR "knew" he would be tested and didn't take corrective action.

"When is drug testing conducted at the championship?

Drug testing can occur at any phase of an NCAA championship (e.g., first round, second round, quarterfinals, semi-finals or finals).

Drug testing can occur more than once at any championship (e.g., first round and finals).

Participating institutions and student-athletes are not given any advance notice that drug testing is being conducted at the championship.

When will student-athletes be notified of their selection for drug testing?

At team championships (baseball, basketball, beach volleyball, bowling, field hockey, football, ice hockey, lacrosse, rowing, soccer, softball, volleyball, water polo), immediately after the game, an NCAA drug-testing crewmember will provide an institutional representative with a list of student-athletes who have been selected for drug testing."

Smoked dope?
Shot dope?
Ate dope?
Nothing at all?

Any way you look at "The Real Story" it is another poke in the eye for UM Griz football that has to end. This team has taken too many hits of negative publicity in the last 5 years, enough to last a life time. Guilty or not, it is still a poke!

30....this is a minor hit. Considering there are 100 or so student-athletes on the team, we can expect violations.

This sounds a lot like the Premock situation under Don Read. The NCAA indicated Steve Premock, offensive lineman, had used a banned steroid--in fact it was a horse steroid. The fact of the matter is that Premock was totally innocent, He bought a product at GNC--Hot Stuff--that he was using as a supplement in losing weight. The products like this were, may still be, totally unregulated. It had banned substances in it. There was another major NCAA case later based on the product.

The NCAA was unrelenting in its efforts to sanction.

Premock sued the NCAA and also had to join UM because it was obligated to stay in line with NCAA direction. The case was very interesting. Premock's story was fully supported. In addition, the Olympic Lab at UCLA was found to have mishandled the testing.

Very strong findings were entered by Judge Harkin in Premock's favor Missoula after a short trial.

Premock settled with the NCAA, which at the time was very concerned about the ongoing case with Tarkanian and insisted as part of the settlement that the findings be stricken from the record so as to reduce their utility in other litigation.

At that time Premock, I believe, was the or one of the first persons to ever receive damages from the NCAA. They labeled them as attorneys fees but the money went to Premock.

So, one can hope that an innocent and inadvertent drug test failure can be alleviated here as it was several years ago.

Back