• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

THE REAL STORY FROM JR's DAD

So did he tell the coach about the incident? The real problem is that if it was a one time deal, it's highly unlikely that there would have been enough cannabis after several days to exceed the 50 ng threshold for a positive pee test. Cannabis is fat soluble. I assume there was a fairly low level of body fat in the young man. A one time accidental use wouldn't do it. At worst there would have been amounts under 50ng. Not enough for a positive test. If the NCAA is calling it positive for less than 50, I see a check in JRs future.

I hesitate to point out, that even in states where pot is legal, it's still illegal. Try paying for it on a CC.

It wasn't immediately obvious but Premock mentioned it as soon as he put it together. Don Read and Bill Moos were extremely supportive.

lotsa said:
This sounds a lot like the Premock situation under Don Read. The NCAA indicated Steve Premock, offensive lineman, had used a banned steroid--in fact it was a horse steroid. The fact of the matter is that Premock was totally innocent, He bought a product at GNC--Hot Stuff--that he was using as a supplement in losing weight. The products like this were, may still be, totally unregulated. It had banned substances in it. There was another major NCAA case later based on the product.

The NCAA was unrelenting in its efforts to sanction.

Premock sued the NCAA and also had to join UM because it was obligated to stay in line with NCAA direction. The case was very interesting. Premock's story was fully supported. In addition, the Olympic Lab at UCLA was found to have mishandled the testing.

Very strong findings were entered by Judge Harkin in Premock's favor Missoula after a short trial.

Premock settled with the NCAA, which at the time was very concerned about the ongoing case with Tarkanian and insisted as part of the settlement that the findings be stricken from the record so as to reduce their utility in other litigation.

At that time Premock, I believe, was the or one of the first persons to ever receive damages from the NCAA. They labeled them as attorneys fees but the money went to Premock.

So, one can hope that an innocent and inadvertent drug test failure can be alleviated here as it was several years ago.
Ah, I remember that. Star Trek, the original series, actually did an episode loosely based upon that incident called, "The Changeling." I don't believe that Premock received a dime of that money.

Literally when players were still on the field of the Fargo Dome, after the game some players were told to go to the locker room for a piss test. The list must have been completely random because some of the players were seniors, who had just played in their last college football game.

tnt said:
So did he tell the coach about the incident? The real problem is that if it was a one time deal, it's highly unlikely that there would have been enough cannabis after several days to exceed the 50 ng threshold for a positive pee test. Cannabis is fat soluble. I assume there was a fairly low level of body fat in the young man. A one time accidental use wouldn't do it. At worst there would have been amounts under 50ng. Not enough for a positive test. If the NCAA is calling it positive for less than 50, I see a check in JRs future.

I hesitate to point out, that even in states where pot is legal, it's still illegal. Try paying for it on a CC.

"Occasional Users

Someone who smokes occasionally — or for the first time — will likely test positive for 1-3 days afterward, according to a review by the National Drug Court Institute (NDCI).

But by the end of 4 days, infrequent cannabis users should be safely below the 50 ng/mL threshold.

“For occasional marijuana use (or single event usage), at the 50 ng/mL cutoff level, it would be unusual for the detection of cannabinoids in urine to extend beyond 3-4 days following the smoking episode.”

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/04/22/how-long-thc-stay-system/

Edit: Note that the above study is 31 years old, and note how much more potent pot is now:

""Over the past three decades, marijuana's average potency level has steadily increased from just shy of 2% THC levels in 1978 to over 8% in 2013 according to medicalmarijuana.procon.com. That's onaverage, however, growers have developed a bit of a pissing contest to see who can grow the highest potency marijuana strain. Current reigning champion, "RB-26" of Denver, Colorado developed a strain called Gorilla Glue 4 with a reported 33% THC potency level (the original Gorilla Glue strain was developed by "Josesy Whales on ICmag.com). RB-26's other strain, Chiquita Banana is a close second tipping scales around 30%."

PR, why waste your computer space on an EWU fan? He's not worth your time, or even TNT for that matter. Remember, he's a Griz fan who doesn't consider Jordan Johnson to have been not guilty. LOL. I've learned finally to not even bother with a lot of these clowns.

The sad things concerning JR's dope deal are all downers. Included are the entire football program, the team, the school, JR's future with a dope rap following him forever and the list goes on.

One very very BIG deal in the life of JR is the potential to play in the pros. Not being able to play much during his senior season along with the dope issue hanging over him as teams look at his skills.... it really is a BIG downer for his future chance in the pros. Perhaps he won't have the ability to make it in the pros but who knows?

I hope he can get a two game (no play) and is able to have a chance at the next level. I like the kid.

PlayerRep said:
tnt said:

"Occasional Users

Someone who smokes occasionally — or for the first time — will likely test positive for 1-3 days afterward, according to a review by the National Drug Court Institute (NDCI).

But by the end of 4 days, infrequent cannabis users should be safely below the 50 ng/mL threshold.

“For occasional marijuana use (or single event usage), at the 50 ng/mL cutoff level, it would be unusual for the detection of cannabinoids in urine to extend beyond 3-4 days following the smoking episode.”

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/04/22/how-long-thc-stay-system/

Congratulations, you made JR's innocence far more unlikely.

His birthday was on November 30th. The NDSU game was on December 5th. He had five nights to flush it out of his system, but did not.

Haven't seen where anyone says he ate the brownie the night it was birthday. Let me join in with the no nothings speculation. The kid who gave him the brownie was in EW and MSU fan

horribilisfan8184 said:
Haven't seen where anyone says he ate the brownie the night it was birthday. Let me join in with the no nothings speculation. The kid who gave him the brownie was in EW and MSU fan

There you have it. Jones making unfounded assumptions again. Also, how loaded was the brownie, or how big was it?

havgrizfan said:
PR, why waste your computer space on an EWU fan? He's not worth your time, or even TNT for that matter. Remember, he's a Griz fan who doesn't consider Jordan Johnson to have been not guilty. LOL. I've learned finally to not even bother with a lot of these clowns.

This is why you are smarter than I am.

Hahaha, let's just continue to tailor the story so that nobody is guilty except the big bad mystery brownie maker. Pathetic.

I remember you 61. You're the guy who says we blame the girl who drinks the spiked drink, instead of the guy who put the ropyhnol in. Glad to see you are consistent.

Rjones61 said:
Hahaha, let's just continue to tailor the story so that nobody is guilty except the big bad mystery brownie maker. Pathetic.

You continue to make up stuff and make incorrect assumptions. And some of us continue to point out how dumb your comments are. No one, at least of the egriz posters, is tailoring any facts.

For the record, a six game suspension is the mandatory starting point for a positive test of an illegal recreational drug while at a championship event(like a playoff game). From there, at least for the bigger schools, players can appeal and the NCAA will let the schools handle the suspension. In most cases for the power 5 schools, a first time offense w/ no prior history usually results in no playing time lost and the athlete will have to undergo some sort of treatment.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/ap-exclusive-schools-ease-athlete-penalties-marijuana

The NCAA has been testing for marijuana and other street drugs at championship events since the 1980s. The NCAA suspends athletes for a full season for a failed PED test. Starting in August 2014, however, the penalty for failing an NCAA street-drug test was reduced from a suspension of one full season to a half season.

While schools come down hard on athletes caught using performance-enhancing drugs — a first positive test typically results in a one-year suspension — they are much less punitive for marijuana and other so-called street drugs.

Athletes who test positive a first time typically receive counseling but lose no playing time. Also, athletes who come forward and acknowledge drug use before they are tested are offered help under "safe harbor" programs. Second positive tests typically result in some lost playing time. Suspensions generally start kicking in after a second positive, though Kansas, Mississippi, Purdue and Oregon don't mandate a suspension until a third offense.

Let's add up where eGriz has evolved this story to:

1. The drugs came from a mystery brownie that nobody knows where it came from. He couldn't taste which drug he took. Yet, JR knew immediately that he had been drugged, but he had no idea by which drug. Yet still, he didn't consult a doctor, he didn't file a police report, and he didn't tell his coach. He didn't check if he had been drugged by something more serious, didn't talk to his coach just in case he was drug tested, and didn't launch any sort of investigation into who drugged his basket. You know, any one of those things are the rational form of action.

2. The person who CONTRIBUTED TO HIS GIFT BASKET is completely anonymous. Did they leave a birthday basket at a fraternity labeled "For JR's birthday, please contribute random s***"? After six months, they have failed to track down this mystery brownie making maniac and nobody has come forward. Who else has fallen victim to this MJ terrorist?

3. He received a brownie on his birthday. Even though the story states that he took it home and ate it, he must have taken it home, waited two days, then ate it. Because that's how he would be innocent, so that's the story eGriz will take. Oh yeah, and it was a BIG brownie now too. He didn't realize until he had eaten the entire massive brownie that it was drugged. A first time, marijuana user took a high dose of marijuana, enough to set off a drug test several days later and only experienced "dizziness and a stomach ache".

4. He was completely blindsided. He was anonymously drug tested and there was no way he could have been proactive about his drug test. A playoff experienced football staff would have never informed their players that there are drug tests in playoffs.

This is somehow a way more likely story than him getting high and failing his drug test. PR, please quit your wishful thinking. You're working yourself into a delusion.

Nah, you're right. There's only one side to this story. And since you got all your info from the internet, it's a lock.

Latest posts

Back