• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thoughts from former Griz stud

SoldierGriz said:
Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:
How many championships has Featherstone won as a coach... um zero
His team won 7 regular season games this year
and 7 games in 2016
So by the own standards he should fire himself

And before you pop off with "at least he's in the playoffs", remember 8 of 13 get in and when you play, Butte, Great Falls high and Hellgate its really 8 of 10 get in...

Feelings hurt by a tweet? Jeez, find a safe space.

No a coach Bitches about lack of success, should not he look in the mirror first?

Ryan Featherston > Bob Stitt every day of the week. And Featherston is an assistant coach at Helena Capital, at the mercy of following orders from a head coach who has lost three years in a row in the semis. Who’s offense has scored a combine 10 points in the last 3 games against their rival Helena High.
Featherston is not the reason Helena Capital is losing

Paytonlives said:
SoldierGriz said:
Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016

And before you pop off with "at least he's in the playoffs", remember 8 of 13 get in and when you play, Butte, Great Falls high and Hellgate its really 8 of 10 get in...

No a coach Bitches about lack of success, should not he look in the mirror first?

I get it. But, he's also a former player and I think that's the "hat" he's wearing while posting. That's the point of the thread, yes?

SoldierGriz said:
Paytonlives said:
SoldierGriz said:
Paytonlives said:

I get it. But, he's also a former player and I think that's the "hat" he wearing while posting. That's the point of the thread, yes?

Yes

HowardRoss280 said:
Ryan Featherston > Bob Stitt every day of the week. And Featherston is an assistant coach at Helena Capital, at the mercy of following orders from a head coach who has lost three years in a row in the semis. Who’s offense has scored a combine 10 points in the last 3 games against there rival Helena High.

Not the point...
Any coach that bitches about another coach is on very thin ice. He should have a resume that is better then the coach he is bitching about... and he doesn't.

Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016

Things are just getting stupid. Carry on.

HowardRoss280 said:
Ryan Featherston > Bob Stitt every day of the week. And Featherston is an assistant coach at Helena Capital, at the mercy of following orders from a head coach who has lost three years in a row in the semis. Who’s offense has scored a combine 10 points in the last 3 games against there rival Helena High.

And another thing to add, Ryan coaches o-line at Helena Capital. And I think it’s well known how good that offensive line was. Quick will attend UofM, Shuman will attend WSU, Welnel will most definitely attend college on a scholarship. And the other two could be playing at a NAIA school.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016

Thats the point... its been stupid on here since Saturday! and Featherstone just added to the moronic nature by what he posted.

Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016

giphy.gif

Paytonlives said:
kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016
That is pretty lame, even for you.

Use the same standard if you are going to Bitch as a coach...

Things are getting even more stupid. Carry on.

HowardRoss280 said:
https://twitter.com/feather_mt/status/932637505735626753

Saw this today, and while I stay in the “Highschool Football Realm” of this forum, I thought it was an interesting thought.

I definitely would not want a "Choate" for a coach.

griznative24 said:
HowardRoss280 said:

Saw this today, and while I stay in the “Highschool Football Realm” of this forum, I thought it was an interesting thought.

You do if your a cat fan... one win a year is all you need...

The point is, I saw a former Griz player who had a strong opinion about the coaching topic, and voiced it. Just thought that was interesting and telling of how alum are feeling right now

Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016

Thats the point... its been stupid on here since Saturday! and Featherstone just added to the moronic nature by what he posted.

This is why no one takes you seriously. Stupid shit like this.

Paytonlives said:
griznative24 said:
HowardRoss280 said:

You do if your a cat fan... one win a year is all you need...

That is true

Sugar coaters face it...Fether knows more about defense than 99% of you. He sees problems in the program and has a FAR better idea of what should be going on. Kudos to him for standing up for MONTANA. He is not in minority of coaches in Montana high schools ....

HowardRoss280 said:
The point is, I saw a former Griz player who had a strong opinion about the coaching topic, and voiced it. Just thought that was interesting and telling of how alum are feeling right now

And there are many alum that would disagree with Featherstone. It does not mean because he is an ex player that his opinion is any better then someone else. In fact because of his coaching duties he may know little about whats happening in Missoula. My guess is he just hates losing to the kittens... we all do.

Ive been around coaching my whole life.... and just like when Hauck said his cryptic quote about UM, most coaches look poorly on any coach or ex-player that talks poorly about any head coach.

Still... Im Ok with whatever UM does. I just don't want to see it hurt recruiting and have a new coach try to teach a new system to this team.

But if Haslem pulls the plug... I will back the new coach 100%, just like I am now.

Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016

He has every right to post what he said , Has a former player he has been part of a tradition in which he was part of handing down to the next generation. He wants them to succeed no doubt . As the saying goes "The Pride and Tradition will not be entrusted to the Timid and the Weak"
He wore the uniform ,ran from the tunnel, sweat on the field and played the game . It probably means a lot to him.
BTW "man up" and call him a moron on twitter if your so upset .

Back