• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thoughts from former Griz stud

TCCGRIZ said:
Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
How many championships has Featherstone won as a coach... um zero
His team won 7 regular season games this year
and 7 games in 2016
So by the own standards he should fire himself

Things are just getting stupid. Carry on.

Thats the point... its been stupid on here since Saturday! and Featherstone just added to the moronic nature by what he posted.

He has every right to post what he said , Has a former player he has been part of a tradition in which he was part of handing down to the next generation. He wants them to succeed no doubt . As the saying goes "The Pride and Tradition will not be entrusted to the Timid and the Weak"
He wore the uniform ,ran from the tunnel, sweat on the field and played the game . It probably means a lot to him.
BTW "man up" and call him a moron on twitter if your so upset .

Why... I just disagree with what he did.

BTW... I did not say he was a moron. I said he added to the moronic nature (By his tweet)

Paytonlives said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Thats the point... its been stupid on here since Saturday! and Featherstone just added to the moronic nature by what he posted.

He has every right to post what he said , Has a former player he has been part of a tradition in which he was part of handing down to the next generation. He wants them to succeed no doubt . As the saying goes "The Pride and Tradition will not be entrusted to the Timid and the Weak"
He wore the uniform ,ran from the tunnel, sweat on the field and played the game . It probably means a lot to him.

Why... I just disagree with what he did

I know you do and I guess I'm not the one to being telling someone to not call people names .
With that being said you gotta see where the guy is coming from .
You know there are players ,coaches and fans that are hurting pretty bad and the direct reaction to hurt is anger . A lot of people letting of steam right now.

TCCGRIZ said:
Paytonlives said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Paytonlives said:

I know you do and I guess I'm not the one to being telling someone to not call people names .
You know there are players ,coaches and fans that are hurting pretty bad and the direct reaction to hurt is anger . A lot of people letting of steam right now.

I understand...
BTW... I did not say he was a moron. I said he added to the moronic nature (By his tweet)

Cat-Griz game is a big game in regard to both programs' perspective on their respective coach. Had MSU lost to us the past two years in addition to their losing seasons I dont think Choate would be so loved among bobcat nation and many would be calling for his job too. If Choate can ultimately be successful he will probably look at those two wins as being integral to his keeping a contract and being successful. If they have another losing season next year I think their fan base will lose their patience especially if they lose to us.

Paytonlives said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Paytonlives said:
TCCGRIZ said:

I understand...

Paytonlives said:
HowardRoss280 said:
The point is, I saw a former Griz player who had a strong opinion about the coaching topic, and voiced it. Just thought that was interesting and telling of how alum are feeling right now

And there are many alum that would disagree with Featherstone. It does not mean because he is an ex player that his opinion is any better then someone else. In fact because of his coaching duties he may know little about whats happening in Missoula. My guess is he just hates losing to the kittens... we all do.

Ive been around coaching my whole life.... and just like when Hauck said his cryptic quote about UM, most coaches look poorly on any coach or ex-player that talks poorly about any head coach.

Still... Im Ok with whatever UM does. I just don't want to see it hurt recruiting and have a new coach try to teach a new system to this team.

But if Haslem pulls the plug... I will back the new coach 100%, just like I am now.
Can you provide a link to some post by a former player or coach that is in support of Stitt? Certainly there has to be one

Damn! In this thread is Cliff's mantra about the weak and timid (plagerism?), someone pointing out the obvious about Montana's 12 or 13 "big" double A schools (and I fully appreciate his command of the obvious which does not really underwhelm me anymore), and slams against NAIA student-athletes in an underhanded manner, but geesuss!

Both MSU and UM are perfectly content to play small college football which is fine in Montana. Winning a small college national championship is all we aspire to accomplish in life it appears and then live out our life based upon the accomplishments of a few 17 to 22 year old kids. (Too bad our kids are playing as many teams in our conference with 25 to 27 year old grown men who in all probability couldn't spell byu or boise but damn, wait until next year before planting for sale signs in Stitt's yard).

Western Illinois and Northern Iowa next year should and will provide a much better picture as to what direction this coaching staff is taking the UM program and the new president will "help" the athletic director make an informed decision at that time.

Cliff hung around in Bozeangeles for eight years and didn't beat UM once. He's their third winningest coach and the last game of the season losses kept him out of the playoffs and the conference championship twice. MSU is perfectly happy with their piss and vinegar coaches personality and Stitt is a natural for Sanfranzoola. Hell, he should hire Rob Ash and and that whole team would mellow out...

garizzalies said:
Paytonlives said:
HowardRoss280 said:
The point is, I saw a former Griz player who had a strong opinion about the coaching topic, and voiced it. Just thought that was interesting and telling of how alum are feeling right now

And there are many alum that would disagree with Featherstone. It does not mean because he is an ex player that his opinion is any better then someone else. In fact because of his coaching duties he may know little about whats happening in Missoula. My guess is he just hates losing to the kittens... we all do.

Ive been around coaching my whole life.... and just like when Hauck said his cryptic quote about UM, most coaches look poorly on any coach or ex-player that talks poorly about any head coach.

Still... Im Ok with whatever UM does. I just don't want to see it hurt recruiting and have a new coach try to teach a new system to this team.

But if Haslem pulls the plug... I will back the new coach 100%, just like I am now.
Can you provide a link to some post by a former player or coach that is in support of Stitt? Certainly there has to be one

There won't be any, which is the point ex-players and coaches rarely make public their praise or anger for existing coaches. Others in those frats (Coaches and players), look poorly on those that do.

uofmman1122 said:
George Ferguson said:
uofmman1122 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
Haha most definitely. And I think it would go both ways to be completely honest. If the Griz had been 5-6 but beat the cats, field goal post would have been down and the party would have been on. Just goes to show how important that game really is to the players, coaches, and fans.
I highly, highly doubt that.

Me too. That's not a knock against the Cats either. UM is just way more strict about postgame field access for one.
Mine is.

Some people might run into the field, but we’ve had way too much more success to rush the field at the end of a 5-6 season.

I thought it was more about the players encouraging the students to come on the field and celebrate with them. I thought it said a lot about the support our team gets from the student body and the bond that they have with each other.

Paytonlives said:
garizzalies said:
Paytonlives said:
HowardRoss280 said:

There won't be any, which is the point ex-players and coaches rarely make public their praise or anger for existing coaches. Others in those frats (Coaches and players), look poorly on those that do.

Damn right! It's a code within the profession.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
First comment underneath was pretty telling too. Choate hasn't had any improvement either, and maybe seen it get worse, but so long as he's our kryptonite, he'll stay in Boozeman.

If you are looking solely are records - you are not wrong. Cats had a brutal strength of schedule for a young team. If 2018 and 2019 don't show improvements as a result of the 2017 schdule, I bet you hear Cat's fans calling for his head.

As mentioned elsewhere, 7-4 with two wins coming from Valpo and Savannah State (plus close win to NAU without their starter) tells the tale of the tape. If our objective is to "make it to the play-offs", then we are not that far away so long as we can continue to schedule easy non-conference wins against FCS opponents.

RobGriz said:
Ryan isn’t the only one

https://twitter.com/coltpalmer/status/932017230144880640

https://twitter.com/terran05/status/932396223075573760
Shocked!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Stitt fired, so that’s really the end of it. Featherston and the other alums who wanted change get it, and I think it’s the right move.

garizzalies said:
Paytonlives said:
HowardRoss280 said:

Listened to Guernsey on post game radio show Saturday. He fairly adamantly supported Stitt getting renewed. I don't have the link but heard it with my own two ears. He also slammed the 3rd and long blitz calls and fly sweep 4th and one call that were made. Coaching mistakes for sure and coaches weren't spared by Guernsey's comment about them!

His main point seemed to be not wanting to become "that" school that would move to its 5th head coach since 2010!
[/
b] Reading between the lines it also seemed his position might be that head coaches actually make mistakes (most Egrizzers must never make any!!), learn from them in their jobs and can adjust their staffs when it appears needed.

Ifs and butts here.....but lets' take the last 9 seconds of Saturday's game. Say a PI is called on the Cats on the last Griz play...or as Guernsey said postgame, the receiver plants a little better and gets back to the pass quicker. Catch or PI. Griz get one more play and miraculously get the TD....then 2 to tie....then win it in OT......again ifs and butts but just two or three plays makes all this happen.

Griz win! Stitt's got us going to playoffs! Cats lose! Choate has another 4 - 7 season! Those poor decision 3rd down blitzes are forgotten pretty quickly; Stitt doesn't lose two in a row to the Cats; Choate sticking with the QB who doesn't throw well becomes a big topic; Griz players and coaches don't get slammed by ex-players; big time boosters who know so much about head football coaching don't threaten to pull support; EGriz whinin', cocky spoiled bitches can go onto Bobcat Nation and laugh and pester Cats fans, talk about their car getting keyed in Bozeman, talk about the pool next to their stadium....and on!

Aren't sports fun? Unpredictable, highly competitive, passionate and good entertainment. One thing they are not though.....life or death.

I heard guernsey supported Stitt. The only former Griz player I know who did this point.

I agree with the analysis on the last play. It’s a game of inches. Phillips’ injury. Jensen playing Ewu after several starts not his first. One or two less playernor cosch mistakes in cat game.

At the end of the day, many believe losing to cats and getting knocked out of playoffs 2 years in row doesn’t cut it at UM. And Stitt was not good enough with embracing Griz nation, important boosters and former Players. They didn’t like or support him. Kem and others were typical of former Griz players all along.

Paytonlives said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Why... I just disagree with what he did.

I’ll say it. He’s a moron if he thinks we need a coach that’s ANYTHING like Choate. That bastard may NEVER have a winning record in Bozeman.

PlayerRep said:
I heard guernsey supported Stitt. The only former Griz player I know who did this point.

I agree with the analysis on the last play. It’s a game of inches. Phillips’ injury. Jensen playing Ewu after several starts not his first. One or two less playernor cosch mistakes in cat game.

At the end of the day, many believe losing to cats and getting knocked out of playoffs 2 years in row doesn’t cut it at UM. And Stitt was not good enough with embracing Griz nation, important boosters and former Players. They didn’t like or support him. Kem and others were typical of former Griz players all along.

Translation: he didn’t kiss anybody’s ass. One of the many reasons I liked him.

Ever since coach Read left, the fraternity of Griz coaches have carried on the tradition of Griz football, and that includes Delaney, whom was over his head and still did an admirable job, that stop when the head coach was not replaced with a fraternity Griz coach, and coach Stitt appeared.

Just hope the next head coach comes from the Griz fraternity and resumes the tradition of Griz football.

No disrespect for coach Stitt, thanks for doing your best, although I will not miss the GREEN HAT that was not Griz tradition.

Hear from a little birdy, Hauck will be in Missoula at 08:00 AM.

spsyk said:
Ever since coach Read left, the fraternity of Griz coaches have carried on the tradition of Griz football, and that includes Delaney, whom was over his head and still did an admirable job, that stop when the head coach was not replaced with a fraternity Griz coach, and coach Stitt appeared.

Just hope the next head coach comes from the Griz fraternity and resumes the tradition of Griz football.

No disrespect for coach Stitt, thanks for doing your best, although I will not miss the GREEN HAT that was not Griz tradition.

But...but...but...what about the fellow who says he came in on a private jet tonight????????

'68griz said:
spsyk said:

But...but...but...what about the fellow who says he came in on a private jet tonight????????

Which rumor you believe is your choice.

Just got a text message that said 08:00 just thought I pass it on in case it is true, who knows about rumors, the fact is the only one who knows for sure is Hauck......

Back