• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thoughts from former Griz stud

Paytonlives said:
How many championships has Featherstone won as a coach... um zero
His team won 7 regular season games this year
and 7 games in 2016
So by the own standards he should fire himself

+1

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
I heard guernsey supported Stitt. The only former Griz player I know who did this point.

I agree with the analysis on the last play. It’s a game of inches. Phillips’ injury. Jensen playing Ewu after several starts not his first. One or two less playernor cosch mistakes in cat game.

At the end of the day, many believe losing to cats and getting knocked out of playoffs 2 years in row doesn’t cut it at UM. And Stitt was not good enough with embracing Griz nation, important boosters and former Players. They didn’t like or support him. Kem and others were typical of former Griz players all along.

Translation: he didn’t kiss anybody’s ass. One of the many reasons I liked him.

Appreciating and embracing the Griz football tradition does not require kissing anyone's ass. Even someone who never played the game should know that.

rgrizfan said:
Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016

+1

Please don't tell us that the 2 of you are trying to equate high school football and Griz football.

No one can be that stupid.

VimSince03 said:
Also saw this yesterday.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/coltpalmer/status/932017230144880640[/tweet]
Haha, I wonder if stitt had any doubt about his fate when he walked into haslams office and found Kent with a blindfold over his eyes, duct tape over his mouth and held a sign saying, “the pride and tradition of the Montana grizzlies will not be entrusted to the timid or the weak. Your friend, B. Hauck”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you, sir, are an idiot. You probably think the Griz should be running out of a Power-I, too. Haines is a former Montana Kaimin reporter and editor, FYI.

Here's the problem, son; your way didn't work. Do you GET that?!? Does it sink in yet? Apparently not; you're still stuck in the "Hey, let's barrel up the middle and wedge our fat asses between some beer-guzzling Texas hogs for five yards."

Here's your other problem; you got solved. Not only by EWU--whose offense at the time was light years ahead of your time--but also SUU, Weber and other schools in the Big Sky. So your solution is what...to fire the one coach whose offense actually showed life? Who knows what UM's season would've been like--had Phillips not been injured this season.

Read between the lines. This firing was a hatchet job by whiny booster geezers who didn't like Stitt's innovative offense because let's face it...it wasn't like anything you morons have ever seen. He wasn't off waterskiing at Flathead Lake, drinking longnecks with Timmy and the boys. But, that doesn't mean the players didn't like him or respect him. It's a damned good 'ol boy network, end of conversation.

Heck, even listening to the TV commentators--former Griz coaches and players--complain about it gave me a headache. And listening to you people is giving me a migraine. Know what YOU are talking about, or shut up. Seriously.

PlayerRep said:
I don't know who Bryan Haynes is, but he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Ask the Cat fans about Choate. Almost all seem to like him and to see/feel/know what he is doing to the program positively. He's taking it up. And sorry to those who don't understand the concept of good losses, the Cats had a tough schedule this year and played all or mostly all very tough. Played some teams pretty tough the prior year too, but not all. Obviously, beating the Griz were huge wins. I thought the Griz would win, but I sure couldn't say the Griz were the better team on Saturday or deserved to win. The Cats played tough on both sides of the ball. I was told last summer that the Cats were still a year away, in terms of talent.

Paytonlives said:
kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016
That is pretty lame, even for you.

Use the same standard if you are going to Bitch as a coach...

LOL man you sure are butthurt about your boy stitt getting canned!

Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016

Wow..... how stupid.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
VimSince03 said:
Also saw this yesterday.

Haha, I wonder if stitt had any doubt about his fate when he walked into haslams office and found Kent with a blindfold over his eyes, duct tape over his mouth and held a sign saying, “the pride and tradition of the Montana grizzlies will not be entrusted to the timid or the weak. Your friend, B. Hauck”

Haha love it!

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
VimSince03 said:
Also saw this yesterday.

Looks like Colt Palmer forgot a couple coaches on his tweet. :roll: :roll:

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
VimSince03 said:
Also saw this yesterday.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PlayerRep said:
rgrizfan said:
Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016

+1

Please don't tell us that the 2 of you are trying to equate high school football and Griz football.

No one can be that stupid.
They are and they are.

Back