• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Total Wins Since 2010

garizzalies said:
I don't mean to sound like a whiny bitch in a no fear t-shirt (that was nice btw) but you can't compare Nebraska surrendering the big12 to a team like Texas to us surrendering the big sky to a junior college. Makes me wanna puke when I hear it's "still pretty good considering...." That kind of attitude will get this staff another extension

Agreed. It's like giving up your country music award to John Denver. See, universal application. A lot going on here . . .

snap said:
Griz won the big sky in 2011. Fact.
You're right as rain as usual snap. I saw jj shred through those # 1 pussy cats like wilt chamberlain. I'm just sick and tied of these pissant kitty/beagle fans citing MF wiki! By the grace of the FB gods we somehow get jj for one more year. I want to reclaim the big sky. Right fricken now.

poorgriz, I know i'm asking a ton of you on this one, but if you can just be honest and let go of your Griz hate for a minute, I have a question. Do you believe that Pflu KNEW prior to the Sam Houston State game that suiting up Tru and Gerald Kemp would lead to NCAA sanctions two years later? And furthermore, why do you think Pflu would still do that with Kemp, who was actually injured and didn't end up playing, if he KNEW down the road Montana would get the hammer dropped on it. Why would he do that if Kemp gained UM absolutely no competitive advantage in the last five games of that season?

havgrizfan said:
poorgriz, I know i'm asking a ton of you on this one, but if you can just be honest and let go of your Griz hate for a minute, I have a question. Do you believe that Pflu KNEW prior to the Sam Houston State game that suiting up Tru and Gerald Kemp would lead to NCAA sanctions two years later? And furthermore, why do you think Pflu would still do that with Kemp, who was actually injured and didn't end up playing, if he KNEW down the road Montana would get the hammer dropped on it. Why would he do that if Kemp gained UM absolutely no competitive advantage in the last five games of that season?

Poorgriz knows that losing Pflu was an even bigger gift to MSU. He and his MSU buddies have been doing the Pee Wee Herman dance in celebration for the last thee years. With Delaney at the helm, his scrub team always has a shot at a victory vs the Griz.

CV Griz Fan said:
havgrizfan said:

Poorgriz knows that losing Pflu was an even bigger gift to MSU. He and his MSU buddies have been doing the Pee Wee Herman dance in celebration for the last thee years. With Delaney at the helm, his scrub team always has a shot at a victory vs the Griz.

Pflu was a good coach, but I'd still take Ash over him, and I'd for sure take him over your current staff. And to answer that question, no I don't think Pflu knew, but those are the rules, and your boneheaded administration did this to themselves. Also, no... we still wouldn't have beaten you on that day if those players were held out, but you still broke the rules.

poorgriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
havgrizfan said:

Pflu was a good coach, but I'd still take Ash over him, and I'd for sure take him over your current staff. And to answer that question, no I don't think Pflu knew, but those are the rules, and your boneheaded administration did this to themselves. Also, no... we still wouldn't have beaten you on that day if those players were held out, but you still broke the rules.

Poorgriz:
You said the operative words " the UM administration did this to themselves". I think that's the hardest part of this whole Cluster F**k to deal with. UM is, and will be, paying for these boneheaded decisions for many years to come.

poorgriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
havgrizfan said:

You mean 3rd choice ash, the guy who has completely choked in almost every big game the kittys have been in since he became the 3rd choice coach???? :lol:

What are the odds that guy even has a job after the 2015 season???

poorgriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
havgrizfan said:

Yes, mistakes were made. None as serious as having an assistant coach drive to Townsend with the intent to peddle drugs to children!! Maybe you should worry about wiping your own ass before commenting on someone elses dingleberrys!

I think the funniest aspect of the msu "fanbase" is that they're still frickin psyched to have ron ash as head coach. If he had the same record at Montana, his ass would've been on the street years ago. He has the same number of playoff wins as Pflu, but Pflu did it in one trip to the playoffs. Not to mention ron's overall record against Montana. I hope ron ash remains the coach of the kitties for as long as possible. Hilarious.

snap said:
I think the funniest aspect of the msu "fanbase" is that they're still frickin psyched to have ron ash as head coach. If he had the same record at Montana, his ass would've been on the street years ago. He has the same number of playoff wins as Pflu, but Pflu did it in one trip to the playoffs. Not to mention ron's overall record against Montana. I hope ron ash remains the coach of the kitties for as long as possible. Hilarious.

me too!! The deer in the headlights look after every big game choke are some of my favorite pics of the year. Almost as good as the Trail of Tears series!! :lol:

I like how half of Ron Jeremy Rash's playoff wins required a miracle (unh doinking a pat) and the other half was against stony brook

garizzalies said:
I like how half of Ron Jeremy Rash's playoff wins required a miracle (unh doinking a pat) and the other half was against stony brook

:lol: True.

I almost respect cat fans for sticking with their team through the endless run of humiliating losses. Almost.

garizzalies said:

Stony Brook was a very good team, as was New Hampshire. Pretty much all teams that make the playoffs are good, as you found out last year when you ran into the buzz saw that is the Coastal Catholic Carolinas or whatever.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:

Stony Brook was a very good team, as was New Hampshire. Pretty much all teams that make the playoffs are good, as you found out last year when you ran into the buzz saw that is the Coastal Catholic Carolinas or whatever.

The thing is when the Griz lose it's more the exception than the rule deal. cats, well, not so much. More a hope and a prayer for them.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:

cats have won like 3 playoff games in the last 30 years( :lol: ). In that time, they've never won two in a row and they always finish the year by getting blown out. They should be ashamed of themselves for embarrassing the state of Montana. My advice? Make football an intramural club sport and apply the football budget to the rodeo and fly fishing teams. I've e-mailed this suggestion to pres. crutardo...I'll let you know what she says in response.

snap said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:

cats have won like 3 playoff games in the last 30 years( :lol: ). In that time, they've never won two in a row and they always finish the year by getting blown out. They should be ashamed of themselves for embarrassing the state of Montana. My advice? Make football an intramural club sport and apply the football budget to the rodeo and fly fishing teams. I've e-mailed this suggestion to pres. crutardo...I'll let you know what she says in response.

There is an awful lot of hard truth being dropped in this thread. A buddy of mine from work was asking a bit about the Griz the other day in advance of our trip to Missoula for homecoming. He asked about the conference and our rivals. I told him on paper our rival is MSU, but it hasn't been much of a series for a quarter century or so.

Having never even heard of MSU, he asked for an example of a comparable one-sided rivalry. I had a LOT of trouble coming up with one. In the end, I said OKST v. OKLA. I think that one is more even in recent history, and probably more even in the public's view.

Help me out. Which rivalry is the most comparable? It has to be a real rivalry that is crazy one-sided, but that people care about. Therein lies the challenge.

Back