• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Trumaine just became the highest paid CB in the NFL

Other than Tru.. Who from UM has had his opportunity and made the most of it? Dave D was the Man, and a Montana Boy, but didn't do his magic in NFL? All the rest of the Montana boys have been great, but not on that level?? Casey Fitszmons from Chester never even got a sniff from Um or MSU, but Carroll made him a Pentioned Nfl player? Enough of the Montana vs Out of state crap. You need both to win, and you are close to making this a race based issue, which the UM is not. My God really?? Tru is our most productive NFL player, show some respect?

keena52 said:
Other than Tru.. Who from UM has had his opportunity and made the most of it? Dave D was the Man, and a Montana Boy, but didn't do his magic in NFL? All the rest of the Montana boys have been great, but not on that level?? Casey Fitszmons from Chester never even got a sniff from Um or MSU, but Carroll made him a Pentioned Nfl player? Enough of the Montana vs Out of state crap. You need both to win, and you are close to making this a race based issue, which the UM is not. My God really?? Tru is our most productive NFL player, show some respect?
I can't find a single post in this thread that expressed disrespect or even mentioned race other than yours.

One thing I admire is Tru's work ethic. He is at the gym every day with his trainers. I see today he is working out with Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey (which is a whole nother story). He isn't just collecting that check.

Ian Rappaport at the NFL network is saying that the Rams are shopping Tru for a "significant draft-pick." Some of the teams mentioned were the Titans or Jaguars, but he said that the Browns were the logical choice.

griz98 said:
Ian Rappaport at the NFL network is saying that the Rams are shopping Tru for a "significant draft-pick." Some of the teams mentioned were the Titans or Jaguars, but he said that the Browns were the logical choice.

ESPN reporting same thing. Browns logical choice because Gregg Williams is there now.

A lot of posters on ESPN badmouthing him and the Rams...

That he's not worth all that...

He's not Peterson, Sherman or Norman..

17 mil is shutdown cb money and he's not one..

Etc etc.

Discuss

Rams vs. Lions 2015

Tru on Megatron. Held Megatron to one of his worst days in his career. Enough said.

UMcheer2000 said:

Etc etc.

Discuss
Salary and player rank are not always commiserate.

Andrew Luck was paid more than Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady last year

grizband said:
UMcheer2000 said:

Etc etc.

Discuss
Salary and player rank are not always commiserate.

Andrew Luck was paid more than Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady last year

Its all about hitting the market at the right time...Tru did that

keena52 said:

This post doesn't even make sense

The_Real_Chief said:
keena52 said:

Keena does seem to to be somewhat "all over the board" and he does ramble a bit. But I think the gist of his post makes some sense. Tru does appear to be on his way to being the most productive Griz NFL'er. Many of the Homegrown Griz players that made it to the NFL have been "fringe" players.The argument that Homegrown players are better than out of state players is just an emotional issue for some Griz fans and is certainly not
fact based. In addition, and I'm not saying that I agree, race has been mentioned a few times on egriz as a factor for some fans holding on to that homegrown vs out of state player point of view. So in his own peculiar way, Keena makes some interesting points IMO.

CV Griz Fan said:
The_Real_Chief said:
keena52 said:

Keena does seem to to be somewhat "all over the board" and he does ramble a bit. But I think the gist of his post makes some sense. Tru does appear to be on his way to being the most productive Griz NFL'er. Many of the Homegrown Griz players that made it to the NFL have been "fringe" players.The argument that Homegrown players are better than out of state players is just an emotional issue for some Griz fans and is certainly not
fact based. In addition, and I'm not saying that I agree, race has been mentioned a few times on egriz as a factor for some fans holding on to that homegrown vs out of state player point of view. So in his own peculiar way, Keena makes some interesting points IMO.

Thats a fair point, but the instate NFL players we have sent through the league have been more consistent over the years. You are bound to hit the lottery once in a while and a Trumaine Johnson will fall into your lap and go on to be the best NFL player we've ever had. Tennessee Chattenooga(Terrell Owens), Savannah State (Shannon Sharpe), MVSU (Jerry Rice), etc etc. Every school gets lucky every now and then, but the difference between us and those programs is the volume of players we send to the league, even though they are "fringe" players they still made it to the NFL. Hell we have more guys in the league than many FBS programs. We take these underappreciated local kids and turn them into NFL players. Chase Reynolds story is probably my favorite one, from Drummond small sided football, and with grit and determination made it at the U as a superstar and now has went on to have a nice career in the NFL. Such a great role model for young kids in Montana coming up.

UMcheer2000 said:

Etc etc.

Discuss

Posters on ESPN? :roll: :roll: :roll:

And these guys have any authority or knowledge of anything that matters?

The $ offered is all that I need to tell me what Tru's value really is.

behappp said:
UMcheer2000 said:

Etc etc.

Discuss

Eh, just swap espn with egriz.

Albert Haynesworth, anybody?

UMcheer2000 said:
behappp said:
UMcheer2000 said:

Etc etc.

Discuss

No $ offered by colleges - big difference.

And you can always find exceptions - but I still trust that Rams think he is a high quality CB, just not one that commentators are talking about - and being on the Rams doesn't help him get noticed either.

UMcheer2000 said:
behappp said:
UMcheer2000 said:

Etc etc.

Discuss

I mean..theyre right..hes not those guys quality...a good corner yes..top teir no.

As Stephen Jones said...free agency is where teams pay B players like their A players....and C players like theyre B players....

teams that dont spend in free agency are smart.

tru was a badass player. one of those dudes that rarely come along and you watch him play and wonder WTF this guy is doing playing in the big sky. good for him!

ilovethecats said:
tru was a badass player. one of those dudes that rarely come along and you watch him play and wonder WTF this guy is doing playing in the big sky. good for him!

And he was a late addition in recruiting and was slated to be a WR at first!

BWahlberg said:
ilovethecats said:

And he was a late addition in recruiting and was slated to be a WR at first!

He was a late commit. UM was recruiting him all along. He was waiting for a PAC-10 offer and in touch with PAC-10 teams. He kept telling UM he was a PAC-10 player. When he didn't get a PAC-10 offer, he finally committed to UM. After the coaches saw him for a week or two in pre-season practice, they agreed that Tru had been right, and that in fact he was a PAC-10 player. Good for for UM and Hauck and his coaches. Good for Tru.

Back