• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tyler Lucas

Just saw a tweet quoting Tyler's juco head coach, saying that he guarantees Tyler would have been an all-American at that level had he stayed another year.

It's official.... :clap:

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/grizzlies-land-penn-state-transfer/article_6d79abaa-c27a-5e26-8205-cbffe7b1105f.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kemajic said:
Not sure what to expect; I saw the stats listed on the video, but he cannot be found on the 2014 De Anza roster.

https://www.deanza.edu/athletics/football/roster.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In 2013 he was listed as a 6'3" 200 lb Soph. QB (#9).

https://www.deanza.edu/athletics/football/roster2013.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like he started at Penn State. Transferred to De Anza to be a QB but ended up moving back to WR. Put up some decent numbers in 2013. Then went back to Penn State for 2014 but didn't play.

BDizzle said:
kemajic said:
Not sure what to expect; I saw the stats listed on the video, but he cannot be found on the 2014 De Anza roster.

https://www.deanza.edu/athletics/football/roster.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.deanza.edu/athletics/football/roster2013.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like he started at Penn State. Transferred to De Anza to be a QB but ended up moving back to WR. Put up some decent numbers in 2013. Then went back to Penn State for 2014 but didn't play.

To move to JUCO from Penn state return to Penn State and drop out after a semester is awfully suspicious. Either he doesn't have it, can't cut it academically, or doesn't have the drive to compete for play time. You would have thought he would have finished the school year at Penn rather than do little or nothing for a semester and give up a year of eligibility. Doesn't look like graduation is a priority. He better be worth the hit to our APR if I'm right. I hope I'm wrong

tnt said:
BDizzle said:
kemajic said:

To move to JUCO from Penn state return to Penn State and drop out after a semester is awfully suspicious. Either he doesn't have it, can't cut it academically, or doesn't have the drive to compete for play time. You would have thought he would have finished the school year at Penn rather than do little or nothing for a semester and give up a year of eligibility. Doesn't look like graduation is a priority. He better be worth the hit to our APR if I'm right. I hope I'm wrong

He is not enrolling at U of M until he graduates with his sociology degree. Will be a grad student at U of M.

Triwest said:
tnt said:
BDizzle said:
kemajic said:

He is not enrolling at U of M until he graduates with his sociology degree. Will be a grad student at U of M.

What do you think of posters who don't have the "drive" to open a linked Missoulian article a few posts above and read to the 4th sentence to see this?

"Lucas, who will be a senior in 2015, plans to join the Grizzlies this summer after he completes his sociology degree at Penn State."

PlayerRep said:
Triwest said:
tnt said:
BDizzle said:

What do you think of posters who don't have the "drive" to open a linked Missoulian article a few posts above and read to the 4th sentence to see this?

"Lucas, who will be a senior in 2015, plans to join the Grizzlies this summer after he completes his sociology degree at Penn State."

Someone who knows thats wishful thinking unless he has only one class to finish and does it in the Maymester which is unlikley if he only gains his senior status this semester. the regular at Penn summer semester doesn't end until after fall camp starts. Not that the Missoulian is a bastion of vetted and accurate information. Although 2015 would generally mean he was a senior this fall. he can move down without loss of eligibility.....

PlayerRep said:
Triwest said:
tnt said:
BDizzle said:

:lol: I thought the same thing, PR. What a fucking hypocrite.

tnt said:
PlayerRep said:
Triwest said:
tnt said:

Someone who knows thats wishful thinking unless he has only one class to finish and does it in the Maymester which is unlikley if he only gains his senior status this semester. the regular at Penn summer semester doesn't end until after fall camp starts. Not that the Missoulian is a bastion of vetted and accurate information. Although 2015 would generally mean he was a senior this fall. he can move down without loss of eligibility.....

He's currently in school at Penn St and scheduled to graduate at the end of the term. Drop downs to FCS are not eligible to play unless they have at least 2 years of remaining eligibility. He has only 1 year of eligibility left. Thus, he needs to graduate and then transfer to somewhere for grad school, as Vernon Adams recently decided to do (FCS to FBS) and Russell Wilson did (FBS to FBS).

PlayerRep said:
tnt said:
PlayerRep said:
Triwest said:

He's currently in school at Penn St and scheduled to graduate at the end of the term. Drop downs to FCS are not eligible to play unless they have at least 2 years of remaining eligibility. He has only 1 year of eligibility left. Thus, he needs to graduate and then transfer to somewhere for grad school, as Vernon Adams recently decided to do (FCS to FBS) and Russell Wilson did (FBS to FBS).

Ok....welcome Tyler, don't pay any attention to any of these last couple of post pissing contest entries. Everyone here will be elated when you get the first catch, first down, first trip to the house. Ok by most of us if that's the first time you touch the ball against NDSU. Let's see how it's looking then. Anyone in WaGriz in Maroon/Silver pretty much rocks, so we're hopeful that works for you! Congrats on your undergrad from PSU.

Thanks for making the trip out, safe travels and see you in August.

AZGrizFan said:
Be a nice receiver to have opposite Hendu....
Dont forget J-Jones...I think we all have a tendency to over look Jamaal! Can you image what last year would have been like "without" him making plays. 1,000yds rec is nothing to blow off...Can you imagine if he pans out a 4-wide set of Jones, Naccarato, Henderson & Lucas. Whoa!

The kid looks like he plays hard and has a lot of talent.... I watched some of his You Tube videos. Looks big, strong, fast and likes contact.... I think he will pick up this offence quick. Sucks we will only have him for one year. Great pickup by Stitt.... Welcome to Griz Nation, you will love being a Griz!!!

I thought he looked fast, but didn't look particular quick at the start of his routes. Any one else think that? He seemed to catch the ball well, but that's sometimes hard to tell from a highlight video which includes only catches. He looked pretty tough too. He got clocked hard after one catch and jumped right up, and also got hit fairly hard at other times. He seems to go up for the ball nicely.

NewPapaBear said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dont forget J-Jones...I think we all have a tendency to over look Jamaal! Can you image what last year would have been like "without" him making plays. 1,000yds rec is nothing to blow off...Can you imagine if he pans out a 4-wide set of Jones, Naccarato, Henderson & Lucas. Whoa!

F it. Lets throw Janssen out there and go 5 wide!!!!! :thumb:

NewPapaBear said:
AZGrizFan said:

Nope...haven't forgotten him. It's because of him and Hendu that I don't think Lucas will have the #'s that MSU's new all-world TE will have...

Hammer said:
NewPapaBear said:
AZGrizFan said:

F it. Lets throw Janssen out there and go 5 wide!!!!! :thumb:
After the scrimmage thread (the decent parts at least) I'd imagine Lyons will be getting quite a few snaps as well! Excited to see what he will do this fall.

Latest posts

Back