• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM at home vs. kittens (Sat Feb 4)

Wiley scores 45 pts today at EWU ties their record...but Portland is getting the rough ref calls.

130-124 final as ewoo wins in 3 OT's. Bliznak had 45 as well as the moron score clock attendants had MAJOR clock issue in the last 19 seconds. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SACCAT66 said:
Mousegriz said:
Are there really two big in-state basketball rivalry games in Missoula this Saturday? Haven't heard word one about them on the streets in Missoula this week. Times sure have changed.

There should be quite a few Cat fans there but seems most Griz fans more worried about our cornerbacks, safeties and offensive line. Cat fans must be less worried about these positions and have decided to follow a hot bball team into town.

Times have changed...When I was growing up in Bozeman, Basketball was the big thing in the State, now it is football. There is a conversation over on Bobcat nation about why there aren't more Montana kids on the Cats and griz rosters anymore. Reason is Football...I have always liked Basketball way more than Football (and I love Football). So...If you are a town like Missoula, and you aren't really following the Basketball team that much to begin with, then you lose 4 in a row... My guess is there will be more Cats fans at the game than in the past because we are trending the opposite way..(5 game winning streak).

Now for the ladies game...In the past , no matter how good the Cats were, the griz were always tough, and the town really supported them. Now that they are 0-10 in the conference and really have no chance against the Cats (will be a bigger upset than miracle on ice if the griz won), no one is even looking at that game.

Turns out it was the lady kitties were the ones that needed the miracle on ice... were down by 9 points with a couple minutes left, forced OT and won it in OT.

lady kitties broke the Lady Griz dominance today with their OT victory. msu gals hadn't beat the Lady Griz since 2013, that had been 6 straight state losses.

cat men haven't beat the Montana Grizzlies since 2010, that is 12 straight losses by state. That's getting near the UM football dominance record... tip-off is nearing, we'll see if that continues or not.

IntuitiveGriz said:
lady kitties broke the Lady Griz dominance today with their OT victory. msu gals hadn't beat the Lady Griz since 2013, that had been 6 straight state losses.

cat men haven't beat the Montana Grizzlies since 2010, that is 12 straight losses by state. That's getting near the UM football dominance record... tip-off is nearing, we'll see if that continues or not.

The MSU women hadn't won in Missoula since 2013, but they beat UM in Bozeman in 2015 and 2016 so the 6 straight losses stat isn't correct. Pretty impressive performance today by the Lady Griz, I thought it would be closer than people were predicting but didn't think it would require a comeback by MSU to send it to OT.

Streaming the game from the Big Sky/Eversport link but no sound. Anyone else having problems or do I need to start looking on my end. The last game we watched from this link was missing the sound for quite a while after the game started, as well, but it eventually came on.

grizbymarriage said:
Streaming the game from the Big Sky/Eversport link but no sound. Anyone else having problems or do I need to start looking on my end. The last game we watched from this link was missing the sound for quite a while after the game started, as well, but it eventually came on.

Sound is fine for me.

Ursa Major said:
grizbymarriage said:

Sound is fine for me.

Thanks -- looks like I'd better start checking speaker wires!

Ursa Major said:
grizbymarriage said:

Sound is fine for me.

Thanks -- looks like I'd better start checking speaker wires!

Catching the play by play guy on Griz-Cats I'm thinking it's a J-school underclassman until I caught that he's Learfield's regular guy. Wonder if the kid even owns a razor?

Back