• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM at home vs. kittens (Sat Feb 4)

His age is the least relevant part. Did he play in professional leagues prior to coming? That experience would be huge. Either way he appears to be a good player

So glad I was able to attend this game. Absolutely loved how well the GRIZ executed offensively in the 2nd half. Looks like Travis decided to let his best players and athletes take control of the team, and take over the game. I normally am not a huge fan of running clear out plays, being it takes away from team play. However, with a team struggling to execute, not hitting 3's, and in dire need of confidence, I feel it was a brilliant strategic move by DeCuire.

The Cats absolutely had no answer for Rorie and Oguine in the 2nd half. Those 2 have NBA caliber athleticism. They each have NBA level ceilings for their potential. As to if that happens for either, or both, we won't know for a few years. MSU's Hall, is absolutely amazing when it comes to getting his shots off, guarded or not, he can get his with ease. I felt Oguine did a great job on him, for the most part. Moorehead did his best as well, but Hall had much more confidence going against him. Speaking of Moorehead, it was nice to see him hit a huge 3, and contribute offensively. He did a lot with his playing time.

Speaking of which, Jared Samuelson was huge in his 9 minutes of playing. He so reminds me of Andrew Strait, with how he finds holes in a defense, and his teammates know to look for him. He also finishes very strong, and is solid from the FT line. Hard to believe how much more he can do as he puts on weight and strength.

FT shooting was simply amazing and clutch in the 2nd half. Then again, that is why you put the ball in the hands of your best scorers, who happen to be terrific ft shooters.

I won't be surprised if DeCuire sticks with this offensive strategy when the team needs an offensive boost. The team realized the 3's just were not falling, so why continue to use them in that game, when you have players who can get to the lane and create? Dunn, Lopez, and Pridgett stepped up with solid contributions as well.

Terrific game, one that should build team confidence, and 2 players were established as "go to" guys. Here's to a great close to the conference season, and getting back to be conference favorites, along with Weber State.

#gogriz

wbtfg said:
Lots of redshirt freshmen turning 20 this year I would assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I didn't turn 20 until two months into my junior year at UM.

...and the turning point in the basketball game...
...travis slam dunks the clip board on the floor...
...the griz were paying attention after that...

... :cool:...

zengriz said:
...and the turning point in the basketball game...
...travis slam dunks the clip board on the floor...
...the griz were paying attention after that...

... :cool:...
The last time I saw a clipboard bounce off of the floor, Larry K was the "thrower." :D

PeauxRouge said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Let's just enjoy the win. The thing that puts butts in the seats is winning.

And marketing. Effort goes a long way. I've talked to a few people in Missoula now and they had no idea it was Griz/Cat weekend.

Anyway, you're right, it feels good to beat the cats! FTC!

Marketing??? There's a schedule put out every year before the season starts. Finding the UM/MSU games on that schedule is pretty easy. Pick up a paper or watch the local news. Google UM basketball on your "device". What do you want people walking around town with sandwich boards like those furniture store going out of business liquidation sales?

This weekend the Griz hit the road to Southern Utah and NAU.

They will play MSU in Bozeman on Saturday February 25th......."market" it down! And "talk to a few people in Missoula" and let them know too.

PeauxRouge said:
Had the Griz made FTs early on, this game would have been a blowout long before it was over. I'm glad the boys came alive in the second half.

Our crowd sucked ass. Period. This team deserves a rowdy crowd and all we can muster is a sleepy nap time crowd. It's a f@cking rivalry game! Come on! Get loud! Reported attendance was about 5500 but it sure didn't look like it in the expensive seats. GA was full, but that's only one side of the arena. Lame.

I'm not sure what you define as a "rowdy" crowd. Student section on the north floor was filled, largely by the UM football team who very very loud and vocal before and during the game, and especially on Cat free throw attempts. I thought the whole crowd was into the game and vocal. Were you even there?

I was there (as always)........IMHO the crowd did not "suck ass"! I for sure was not sucking any ass and the crowd was on it's feet frequently.

The crowd was easily the best one of the season, however it was still pretty tame for a rivalry game. I was happy to see the football team standing in the student section. It fun watching them jaw with the Tyler Hall fanboys sitting behind the Bobcat bench. They obviously had some names of moms/girlfriends/hookups that they were chanting at the Bobcat players.

The biggest disappointment of the night was that there was no "Poor Bobcats" chant at the end of the game. That's a simple pleasure that I enjoy every year, but they failed to get it going this time around. what gives?

Jaredkuehn said:
The crowd was easily the best one of the season, however it was still pretty tame for a rivalry game. I was happy to see the football team standing in the student section. It fun watching them jaw with the Tyler Hall fanboys sitting behind the Bobcat bench. They obviously had some names of moms/girlfriends/hookups that they were chanting at the Bobcat players.

The biggest disappointment of the night was that there was no "Poor Bobcats" chant at the end of the game. That's a simple pleasure that I enjoy every year, but they failed to get it going this time around. what gives?

I am often disappointed that UM fans never do the "poor bobcats" chant as often, consistently, and vigorously as our neighbors from the cow college do "poor Grizzlies". Maybe Griz fans are not as mean or drunk.

A little trivia, everybody mentions the streak of 13 games in a row. But did you know that the Griz have now won 21 of the last 25 (.840) against the cats?!! That streak started back in 2005, when Krysko's Griz beat the cats in the Big Sky Tourney in Portland. The Griz went on to win the tourney, the first of back to back Big Sky titles for Krysko's teams.

twentythreeOh4 said:
A little trivia, everybody mentions the streak of 13 games in a row. But did you know that the Griz have now won 21 of the last 25 (.840) against the cats?!! That streak started back in 2005, when Krysko's Griz beat the cats in the Big Sky Tourney in Portland. The Griz went on to win the tourney, the first of back to back Big Sky titles for Krysko's teams.

That's a pretty good free throw percentage!

Back