• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM at home vs. kittens (Sat Feb 4)

Wow announcers said Hall had 22 pts. I would have guessed 9 or 10z. Seemed quiet for him. Impressed with Frey. Havent seen him before. Has he been this good all year? Anybody?

cmtgrizzly said:
Wow announcers said Hall had 22 pts. I would have guessed 9 or 10z. Seemed quiet for him. Impressed with Frey. Havent seen him before. Has he been this good all year? Anybody?

Haven't seen Frey on film, but I've followed him a bit in Chronicle stories. He got off to a bit of a slow start, but I believe he's been averaging around 18 pts in the last half dozen games or so. He has quite a bit of talent, and he'll give opponents, including the Griz, a lot of headaches in the next few years.

Suppose that playing in the "pro" leagues in Europe for a year or two helped make him much more seasoned than your average true freshman in college.

grizonbob said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Haven't seen Frey on film, but I've followed him a bit in Chronicle stories. He got off to a bit of a slow start, but I believe he's been averaging around 18 pts in the last half dozen games or so. He has quite a bit of talent, and he'll give opponents, including the Griz, a lot of headaches in the next few years.

Suppose that playing in the "pro" leagues in Europe for a year or two helped make him much more seasoned than your average true freshman in college.

Yes I believe he's a 21 year old freshman who already played some pro ball. Not sure how all that works. Those 3 years (compared to an 18 year old) are huge. Sounds like those college hockey players who finally skate for a college team when they are 23 year old freshman.

Re: MBB @ UM

Postby BelgradeBobcat on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:09 pm
That game was fixed. We had no chance from the start. Biggest joke of reffing I've ever seen

Re: MBB @ UM

Postby BelgradeBobcat on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:05 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Yeah I saw some of those breath fouls and even a couple of muggings from the griz that got no call but dang it we still lost that game because we did not stop the ball 15 feet from the hoop and let it go for a lay up

That's because Klines had 5, Hall had 5, Frey had 4, and Everett had 4. Every time we tried to defend the dribble drive they called a foul. Every time. That's what happens when you get homered. You have to defend with your hands tied behind your back. We played well enough to win, but we were absolutely not going to be allowed to win.

Those guys are the biggest bunch of whiny bitches you can find. Whenever we beat them, which is 13 in a row now, they blame the refs. Just checked and the total fouls were 29-23. Both teams in bonus with 10 mins left in game. That dude is a bitch.

bigtyme said:
SACCAT66 said:
Griz til I die said:
SACCAT66 said:
Times have changed...When I was growing up in Bozeman, Basketball was the big thing in the State, now it is football. There is a conversation over on Bobcat nation about why there aren't more Montana kids on the Cats and griz rosters anymore. Reason is Football...I have always liked Basketball way more than Football (and I love Football). So...If you are a town like Missoula, and you aren't really following the Basketball team that much to begin with, then you lose 4 in a row... My guess is there will be more Cats fans at the game than in the past because we are trending the opposite way..(5 game winning streak).

Now for the ladies game...In the past , no matter how good the Cats were, the griz were always tough, and the town really supported them. Now that they are 0-10 in the conference and really have no chance against the Cats (will be a bigger upset than miracle on ice if the griz won), no one is even looking at that game.
The men are not gonna lose to the cats I guarantee it. Every team in the big sky has gone through this this year. Plus when you have a head coach like Decuire, you'll see a huge change in the team.

OK...$100 to the Charity of the winners choice? You in?

Impact Montana would love to be the recipient of either one of your $100 bill. šŸ˜‰

Griz fan never made the bet...But I will pay my $100 to your organization if you PM me the PayPal account. Congrats to the griz on the win........See you in Bozeman in a couple weeks.

HookedonGriz said:
Those guys are the biggest bunch of whiny bitches you can find. Whenever we beat them, which is 13 in a row now, they blame the refs. Just checked and the total fouls were 29-23. Both teams in bonus with 10 mins left in game. That dude is a bitch.

Are they? Are we?

SACCAT66 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Are they? Are we?

Aren't you embarrassed those guys are blaming the refs and saying the game was fixed. That is crazy talk.

Back