• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM at msu (Saturday 2/25)

fanofzoo said:
UMGriz75 said:
maroonandsilver said:
You and I might be the only ones who agree on this point. I think that schedules should be more bad. You need to test yourself against strong teams, but you also have to play some "winnable" games. Otherwise players have their confidence shaken, and they also start looking at teammates to blame. After a while, it is no fun to go into games with the mindset that you are over-matched.
I thought it was interesting scheduling, but could see pros and cons. Thought at the time, "well, he's the coach." Maybe the results came down as the "con." On the other hand, in football, between Mississippi Valley State (67-7) and Sac State (68-7) under the theory we should have rolled into mid-season guns-a-blazing. Instead, we lost four of the next five games, including the final two face-plants to Northern Colorado and the Cats.

And I was just about getting over that---

So are you over the two losses to Sac St in Basketball? The loss to PSU? How about the 4 losses at home in BSC play? What about the four game skid in the middle of the season? 75 if you are going to continue to bitch about Stitt what about TD is he on the hot seat if he misses the BSC tourney??

Mavman said:
So are you over the two losses to Sac St in Basketball? The loss to PSU? How about the 4 losses at home in BSC play? What about the four game skid in the middle of the season? 75 if you are going to continue to bitch about Stitt what about TD is he on the hot seat if he misses the BSC tourney??

That would be quite the feat. I will let you figure out why.

Mavman said:
fanofzoo said:
UMGriz75 said:
maroonandsilver said:
You and I might be the only ones who agree on this point. I think that schedules should be more bad. You need to test yourself against strong teams, but you also have to play some "winnable" games. Otherwise players have their confidence shaken, and they also start looking at teammates to blame. After a while, it is no fun to go into games with the mindset that you are over-matched.
I thought it was interesting scheduling, but could see pros and cons. Thought at the time, "well, he's the coach." Maybe the results came down as the "con." On the other hand, in football, between Mississippi Valley State (67-7) and Sac State (68-7) under the theory we should have rolled into mid-season guns-a-blazing. Instead, we lost four of the next five games, including the final two face-plants to Northern Colorado and the Cats.

And I was just about getting over that---

Can't, everyone gets to go, only top 5 get a first round bye.

Mavman said:
are you over the two losses to Sac St in Basketball? The loss to PSU? How about the 4 losses at home in BSC play? What about the four game skid in the middle of the season? 75 if you are going to continue to bitch about Stitt what about TD is he on the hot seat if he misses the BSC tourney??
As usual, whining and bitching. The hypersensitivity of some about Stitt on this Board is near pathological. The point of the conversation is whether a tough early schedule is a good thing or a bad thing, compared to some slack early schedule. MBB had a tough early schedule, FB had some major slack in its early schedule.

Can't say that there is a lesson to be learned specifically from either experience. It didn't look it generated any extra success for BB, and the slack games didn't provide any extra confidence that carried the FB team anywhere. But, you need to make it something else, don't you?

That's my point and please stop being one of the cry-babies when anyone points to Stitt's record. It's an adult board; you tried to shout down anyone that expressed doubts in the first place, now you want to shout down anyone that points to the reality of what happened this past year. You people need a padded room with puppies and snowflakes and flowers in the all corners and a lifetime supply of bubblewrap.

It will be interesting to see how TD "misses the BSC tourney." :roll:

You are correct 75 I was wrong about the Big Sky taking all teams. Forgot that lil nugget.
After the Griz finish 9-9 in conference and roll into the tourney with a 7th or 8th seed that will be like missing the tournament. If people continue to bring up the Unc and msu losses in football they need to recognize the terrible losses in hoops.

Mavman said:
After the Griz finish 9-9 in conference and roll into the tourney with a 7th or 8th seed that will be like missing the tournament.

Actually it won't be like that. It would be like an average Griz team went to the tourney as a 7th or 8th seed.

Back