• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM at msu (Saturday 2/25)

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
grizd said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
It doesn't matter if you do it or not, it still gets called. Every. Time. A parade of free throws because you can't TOUCH a person is crap to watch. I understand calling it if the offense player gets impeded or you flat out grab them.
Keep in mind, I'm not blaming the refs, I think the rule sucks. It kills any flow or momentum of the game.

I am, they didn't call it on Pridgets last drive. Inconsistent.
If the rule wasn't in place, they wouldn't be calling it.

I agree, just wish it was consistent.

IdaGriz01 said:
About the only interest left is the foul calls count -- just one to go to hit 40. Oops ... just did.

... and climbing :eek:
And the winner is ... the refs. 40 was a pathetic over/under goal ... just hit 50 fouls called, total, with a little time left. FIFTY fouls! :eek: What's the point of even running up and down the floor? Just line them up at the foul line for 40 minutes and see who wins.

(Actually, the final total was 51 fouls. Ridiculous.)

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GrizLA said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
It doesn't matter if you do it or not, it still gets called. Every. Time. A parade of free throws because you can't TOUCH a person is crap to watch. I understand calling it if the offense player gets impeded or you flat out grab them.
Keep in mind, I'm not blaming the refs, I think the rule sucks. It kills any flow or momentum of the game.

That is why practice and coaching are so vital. Some coaches have no problem..UM does..
What's your take on the rule LA? Better for the game or nah?

I think it is a good thing. This is a court game, not street ball. Sharp passing, good feet will make it irrelevant.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Congrats to MSU completely outplayed the Griz tonight.

UM had such promise at the beginning of the season. Like the football team, something happened..two more games till the tournament and neither one is a gimme...Neither one of these teams is above average, right now. I suspect Idaho will win the tourney.

Very disappointing, part of an obvious trend this past year. Hard to beat Hall's talents and generalship.

Montana has the skillsets, but tonight showed a lack of floor leadership. Second half blues? You'd see Jordan Gregory visibly angry and driving the team to "follow me."

Travis is the better coach; he does not have that floor leadership here this year.

They are figuring out the "culture of success" at MSU and how it affects "everything."

GrizLA said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GrizLA said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

That is why practice and coaching are so vital. Some coaches have no problem..UM does..

I think it is a good thing. This is a court game, not street ball. Sharp passing, good feet will make it irrelevant.
If so, the rule needs to be called when a player is on offense too. Awful "street ball ish" to put your hand out to push back the defender to keep him off you.

I certainly don't know what happened except that this " long shot shooting ballclub, 3's will be popping"just are not very good shooters. Some nights no D, some games no rebounding, some games missing crucial free throws, but always poor shooting from long distance and very little inside game! It has been a long year and tourney visit will be short. I like Ewuuuuuu to win it. With over 50 fouls called every freakin' night, it becomes sort of like horse shoes.

GrizLA said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Congrats to MSU completely outplayed the Griz tonight.

UM had such promise at the beginning of the season. Like the football team, something happened..two more games till the tournament and neither one is a gimme...Neither one of these teams is above average, right now. I suspect Idaho will win the tourney.

I think people overestimated the "promise" of the Griz. I also think that the BSC champion will be one of UND, EWU, or Weber.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GrizLA said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GrizLA said:

If so, the rule needs to be called when a player is on offense too. Awful "street ball ish" to put your hand out to push back the defender to keep him off you.
I guess what I'm trying to say is I wish the rule was implemented for offense and defense.

I can't help but think part of the reason why the griz haven't had a very good season was because of playing an all division 1 schedule. I think that just completely shattered their confidence. I understand playing a couple of big teams here and there to challenge themselves, but playing power 5 teams nearly every game is insane.

Griz til I die said:
I can't help but think part of the reason why the griz haven't had a very good season was because of playing an all division 1 schedule. I think that just completely shattered their confidence. I understand playing a couple of big teams here and there to challenge themselves, but playing power 5 teams nearly every game is insane.

The main reason is they are average in every way. It has nothing to do with the schedule.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GrizLA said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GrizLA said:

No argument from me, there.

I disagree about playing hard schedule, I think that is a good thing, it should build confidence going into the Sky regular season. One thing that bothered me hearing coach comments after game is "that there was no spirit at half by the guys, all the enthusiasm was from the staff, nothing from players" isn't that the coaches responsibility? When players are flat, it is up to the coaching staff to fire them up, and if you continue to show none, then find the pine. Something is missing internally? I 'm confused ...

Ashamed said:
Has Decure ever gotten a T? Does he ever say a word to the officials? He doesn't seem to have any fight. Maybe it is just me.

You must have missed him kicking a chair down when Griz rushed a shot and missed (imagine that). He has plenty of fire.

What is their 3 point shooting percentage on the season? I remember looking at stats after a few games and it was anywhere friend 19% to 25%. That is the screaming shits. How can we supposedly have such stellar guards....whe can't hit a 3 to save their lives.

rainbear14 said:
I disagree about playing hard schedule, I think that is a good thing, it should build confidence going into the Sky regular season. One thing that bothered me hearing coach comments after game is "that there was no spirit at half by the guys, all the enthusiasm was from the staff, nothing from players" isn't that the coaches responsibility? When players are flat, it is up to the coaching staff to fire them up, and if you continue to show none, then find the pine. Something is missing internally? I 'm confused ...

Blame Stitt, after all, we had a 14-page thread about that very thing on the football board this fall. So IF Travis can't motivate these guys, cut him some slack, cause it's ALL STITT'S FAULT.

George Ferguson said:
rainbear14 said:

Blame Stitt, after all, we had a 14-page thread about that very thing on the football board this fall. So IF Travis can't motivate these guys, cut him some slack, cause it's ALL STITT'S FAULT.
WTF? if anyone needs proof that this guy is just nuts, this is it.

Back