• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM at PSU (Thurs Jan 19th)

GrizLA said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Every team has a bad game. Even good teams have bad games. Great teams win anyway. This was a bad game for us. Really bad. Maybe they can make a run at the end here and then bounce back big on Saturday.
That is true. But UM, if it wins the tourney, is playing for a higher than 16 seed and cannot afford losses like this, and Washington State. Still, they can make it respectable but cannot lose any more games this year. The schedule favors UM in that regard. So, it now it is a play for the tourney set up.

Did it ever dawn on you that UM is not better than a 16 seed?

HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizLA said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Every team has a bad game. Even good teams have bad games. Great teams win anyway. This was a bad game for us. Really bad. Maybe they can make a run at the end here and then bounce back big on Saturday.
That is true. But UM, if it wins the tourney, is playing for a higher than 16 seed and cannot afford losses like this, and Washington State. Still, they can make it respectable but cannot lose any more games this year. The schedule favors UM in that regard. So, it now it is a play for the tourney set up.

NO because I have seen a couple conferences and they are not nearly as good..sorry.

GrizLA said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizLA said:
cmtgrizzly said:

NO because I have seen a couple conferences and they are not nearly as good..sorry.

The BSC is battling to stay out of the play-in games. A 16 seed would be welcome.

Noble effort by the Griz in the comeback bid. They were too little too late, but hopefully they can learn moving forward. Already ready for a rematch!

That one's going to leave a mark.

And this fucking conference is a fucking joke. And if you're a Griz fan and don't want us out of it, there's something seriously wrong with you. We deserve SOOOOOOO much better.

They'll bounce back Saturday. Hopefully the defense gets on track. As bad as we played on both ends, we scored enough to win.

HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizLA said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizLA said:

The BSC is battling to stay out of the play-in games. A 16 seed would be welcome.
No, the BSC is not going to be a play in game unless someone other than UM, Weber, ND, and PSU were to win the invite. Now, because of this loss, UM will not be more than a 16 seed if it wins out. Weber lost also and is in the same situation. Strength of schedule is factored in, among other things. This was a very bad loss for UM's aspirations this year, and maybe next.....

GrizLA said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizLA said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

No, the BSC is not going to be a play in game unless someone other than UM, Weber, ND, and PSU were to win the invite. Now, because of this loss, UM will not be more than a 16 seed if it wins out. Weber lost also and is in the same situation. Strength of schedule is factored in, among other things. This was a very bad loss for UM's aspirations this year, and maybe next.....

Just curious, can you name 1 quality win for any BSC team?

The bsc -- as shitty as it is -- will not be a play-in game unless Weber/Montana/Eastern/Nodak doesn't win it. There are always upsets in one-bid tournaments.

For those of you who think the griz are going to get a 16 seed if we make the tournament, you better throw some hot coffee in your face and take a long look at our schedule. After having very competitive games against tough teams that included #25 USC, #11 Oregon, and a very tough NC State team, all games where we have lost by 15 or less points is pretty f*****g good, not to mention we beat the crap out of mountain west San Jose State. Trust me, if we get to 20 wins this season (which is still very possible for you doubters) I guarantee we can get a 14, maybe even a 13.

EverettGriz said:
The bsc -- as shitty as it is -- will not be a play-in game unless Weber/Montana/Eastern/Nodak doesn't win it. There are always upsets in one-bid tournaments.

Which goes back to my initial statement, that the BSC winner is most likely a 16 seed.

Back