• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM at PSU (Thurs Jan 19th)

EverettGriz said:
OFFS.

Montana's "average" basketball arena is as good as any (e.g. Gonzaga's) in the WCC, and would be in the top couple in the MWC, and on par with many in the P12.

And Montana has no basketball tradition? Or fan base? See, with those insanely idiotic comments you've proven yourself to be little more than a know-nothing troll.

And whether you care to admit it or not (because I know you know it), Montana is NOT where they belong, and more importantly, certainly not where they deserve to be. Sorry that the rest of you just aren't up to speed. But you're not. And neither is the league. And that ain't Montana's fault.

And just because you think so it doesn't make it true.

Your basketball tradition PALES in comparison to your football tradition and it's not what Montana is known for. And yes when you have a 7000 seat arena and can't fill it or even be in the top 100 in the nation in average. I wouldn't call that good basketball support for being 1 of 2 div 1 schools in your state

GoldenEagle said:
WILDCATFAN said:
EverettGriz said:
WILDCATFAN said:
You lose a game and you deserve better?

Do you even hear yourself sometimes?

You have been so blinded by the maroon colored glasses you wear that everytime something bad happens to Montana you go straight to belittling the conference like it's to blame for all of Montana's troubles. Are you aware of how silly that sounds?

Dude, it isn't now nor has it EVER been about winning. It's about playing at a level commiserate with Montana's facilities, fan base, support, tradition, and position as a state's flagship university. I understand why fans from the other programs in this conference don't understand that. They can't. They aren't at Montana's level in all of those areas, so it's impossible. I don't hold that against them, certainly. I just ask them to understand why Montana is frustrated with this conference.

So really, the only thing silly is that Montana remains in the bsc.

And I don't now nor ever will believe that.

Montana has a great Football Stadium true, Average basketball arena.

Fan base- Football

Tradition- Football

There are plenty of high level Universities in the Big Sky (Idaho, Idaho State, NAU, the Cali schools, North Dakota). Heck even Weber State is a higher level University than Boise State, A school you want to be associated with. So yes I do think Athletics and winning have every thing to do with it especially since you only post #hatetheBSC posts after Montana loses or when Montana isn't involved in the post season. I've been on here long enough to notice.

You mean Montana's fans are upset with the Big Sky, cause if The University of Montana wanted to leave because of their pure hatred or poor level of satisfaction with it they would have by now. It has been over 50 years after all.

You hate the Big Sky, that much is obvious (and has been for a while) and your hatred for it fuels most of your posts. Whether or not you want to believe it, Montana is right where they belong, hence why they are still here.

WILDCATFAN,
You will never understand where EverettGriz is coming from because you weren't steeped in tradition and excellence like he was at UM. :)
Well, I was, too, and I don't understand where he is coming from either. Montana is where it should be right now.

Back