• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM Name Change?

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
snap said:
Oh, and AG, you're right. I'm about 15 minutes away from the bank of the Flathead river. I moved up to this area a few years ago because of the fact that there are more northerns and bass than there are people. It's nice living in an area that allows me to do whatever the hell I want to do without fear of repurcussion. Hell, I sat out on my porch this afternoon shooting guns and cranking beers. As usual, you're invited. Get your ass over here when you get a chance.
We will have a beer this summer, I plan on being on that river and in that area as much as possible in my new drift boat. :thumb:

I will introduce you to Rebecca........ :cool:
Any of you MO FO s been up to Duck Lake lately ? We used to nail some big f'n rainbows up there. How about Mittens Lake ice fishing? Is it still great ice fishing?... :egriz:

rimrockgriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
snap said:
Oh, and AG, you're right. I'm about 15 minutes away from the bank of the Flathead river. I moved up to this area a few years ago because of the fact that there are more northerns and bass than there are people. It's nice living in an area that allows me to do whatever the hell I want to do without fear of repurcussion. Hell, I sat out on my porch this afternoon shooting guns and cranking beers. As usual, you're invited. Get your ass over here when you get a chance.
We will have a beer this summer, I plan on being on that river and in that area as much as possible in my new drift boat. :thumb:

I will introduce you to Rebecca........ :cool:
Any of you MO FO s been up to Duck Lake lately ? We used to nail some big f'n rainbows up there. How about Mittens Lake ice fishing? Is it still great ice fishing?... :egriz:

I'm guessing it will be a while before Duck loses it's ice. Damned cold up there. Mitten is one fun place to fish.

Never made it to either Mitten or Duck lakes. I have fished Pishkin for northerns and silver salmon and hit up Tiber a time or two but most of my fishing is done farther west and south.

Love the Plains area, Blackfoot, Clearwater, bitterroot and Big Hole for rivers. Like Medicine and Tendoy for SW Montana lakes and Bighorn lake in the Bob is my favorite place on earth.

Just got back home from doing a little scout for spring bear season. I've never taken a bear and it doesn't really interest me much but I'd like to get just one for a wall rug, and bear sausage can be pretty good if it's done right. My buddy up in Libby has the procedure down pretty tight so it's game on. I believe the season starts April 15. Just a heads up, and you need to take the ID course online to get a tag.

As far as Duck and Mitten lakes go, I haven't fished either but I've heard the stories about hogs coming out of Duck. Sounds fun as hell and I'll probably have to try to get up there at some point. I'm more of a river guy but sometimes you have to make exceptions where big fish are concerned. I plan to spend some time up on Noxon Reservoir this summer and look around for some walleye. Deep fried walleye is one of life's greatest pleasures.

Feeling pretty rough today. Got into the whiskey for the last couple hours of yesterday. I'm down to the last couple shots of the Pendleton. I'll take care of that this evening and never make that mistake again.

AllWeatherFan said:
Now I'm jonesing to do some flyfishing. Thanks a lot you pricks! :D

If you want to catch some big fish, shitcan the flyrod for a spinning rod and toss some rapalas or panther martins.

Hammer said:
AllWeatherFan said:

If you want to catch some big fish, shitcan the flyrod for a spinning rod and toss some rapalas or panther martins.
I've probably made 150 trips from Notch Bottom to Pendleton Bridge...(no not the whiskey... :lol: ) lower Big Hole...lots of big browns and a recovering rainbow population. The last 1.25 miles keeps the pilgrims away...If you don't have your rowers card you're a good candidate for the Jacque Cousteau underwater divers club. Many evenings I've been sipping whiskey cokes at my buddies house... and the equipment goes floating by...say bye...bye :eek: Hammer you're correct..Rapalas and Panthers are top notch on the Big Hole... :egriz:

rimrockgriz said:
Hammer said:
AllWeatherFan said:

I've probably made 150 trips from Notch Bottom to Pendleton Bridge...(no not the whiskey... :lol: ) lower Big Hole...lots of big browns and a recovering rainbow population. The last 1.25 miles keeps the pilgrims away...If you don't have your rowers card you're a good candidate for the Jacque Cousteau underwater divers club. Many evenings I've been sipping whiskey cokes at my buddies house... and the equipment goes floating by...say bye...bye :eek: Hammer you're correct..Rapalas and Panthers are top notch on the Big Hole... :egriz:
I'm more of a Jeff guy, less people, bigger fish. I like to put in in Twin and float to Silver Star. Where the Beaverhead and Big Hole come together to form the Jeff is a fantastic hole. The Panther Martin I like the best is the black body with yellow spots and a gold blade. It just slaughters fish on the Jeff. My cant miss lure.

Hammer...I've never wet a line on the Jeff. I know it sounds ridiculous but it is what it is. Someday. My rancher buddy shuttles my truck for me down the Burma Road...as you must know it can be mother fu...r at times. All for a tithing of a jug of canadian whiskey and a few items off of his grocery list. The copper colored water and seeing only 2 or 3 boats all day makes it elite...I.M.O. The fishing action is off the charts... Property owners like Rumsfeld or Kuralt verify this is a very special place, and I pinch myself every time I launch. :D Not having to converse with any douchebags all day seals the deal. My rancher buddy is getting up there so I won't be indulging on your track for a while... :egriz: Damn.

Hammer said:
AllWeatherFan said:

I know, but I like to have a good excuse when I get skunked. :)

AllWeatherFan said:
Hammer said:
AllWeatherFan said:

IMO, there's NEVER a "good excuse" why someone would get skunked fishing...only reasons. :twocents:

Grizo406 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Hammer said:
AllWeatherFan said:

IMO, there's NEVER a "good excuse" why someone would get skunked fishing...only reasons. :twocents:
Next fishing season, AWF is going to get rolled!

If the ice is off of Mission Lake there will be big bowskies cruising the shoreline in spawning patterns. Great fun for sight fishing.

Ursa Major said:
Grizo406 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Hammer said:

Next fishing season, AWF is going to get rolled!

Someone gets it... :lol: :lol:

Solid work, Ursa! :thumb:

For those that like to catch nice trout. Holter Lake is fantastic fishing. If interested in a fishing excursion, PM me.The Griz boat catches fish two and three at a time. We troll six lines at a time. Lots of fun. We catch trout because they fight. We catch walleys to eat. Catching a walley in like pulling in a stick. Lots of bottle bass as well....

Back