• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs. Michigan NCAA Game Thread

Losses hopefully breed inspiration for improvement. They essentially all come back next year. Falls and Nicholas with another year of experience should be huge and I am excited to see what Dorsey can do

If they make any shots second half they win. Great effort. They will be better next year. Lavin said they are poised to make a run in the tourney next year. Great season boys and way to represent!

I don't think any other team will force Michigan to play that poorly the rest of the way, even in an eventual loss. Gotta be proud of that, at least.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
catattack said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
catattack said:
Good thing they keep showing the band - at least someone from the state of Montana is represented
speaking of representing - how's your post season been?

Been awesome - I’ve been touching the brawl of the wild trophy for 2 straight years every time I walk by it? How has your post season been going?
so you've been to the Dance 3 times since 1951. Oh, and keep the trophy shiny, Bobby's coming

Who is Bobby? The same chump who got fired from UNLV?

Your guys are delusional. Is Bobby gonna stop your attendance drops? When do you just give in with your second rate educational institution and drop down to NAIA? Perhaps you can compete with Rocky, Carroll, and Western? There are a limited number of liberal arts jobs out there

CDAGRIZ said:
I don't think any other team will force Michigan to play that poorly the rest of the way, even in an eventual loss. Gotta be proud of that, at least.

100% agree. Michigan didnt just play bad. We made them play bad

catattack said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
catattack said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

Been awesome - I’ve been touching the brawl of the wild trophy for 2 straight years every time I walk by it? How has your post season been going?
so you've been to the Dance 3 times since 1951. Oh, and keep the trophy shiny, Bobby's coming

Your guys are delusional. Is Bobby gonna stop your attendance drops? When do you just give in with your second rate educational institution and drop down to NAIA? Perhaps you can compete with Rocky, Carroll, and Western? There are a limited number of liberal arts jobs out there

Ladies and Gentlemen, this was, Thursday Night at the Cat's Paw.
Be sure to tip your waitresses.

catattack said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
catattack said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

Keep tell yourself that story lil bro, I've been around long enough to recognize the smell of terrified cats

Well, hats off to Michigan. I think we proved we can compete. We punched them in the mouth but just couldn't hang on. Both defenses were legit. We just wen stone cold for 10 minutes and that's all it took. Considering that, it's an accomplishment for our team to be within 10+ with a few minutes to go against the Big 10 champs. Hopefully they know who we are now.

DPGriz said:
Well credit to this team on a great season, even with the loss this year still vastly exceeded expectations. Thanks to Fabs for a great Griz career, he contributed so much, I'm so happy that he got to play in the NCAAs.

We'll miss him next year but we have so much returning that next year is still so exciting, hopefully the experience of this game is informative for the returning players next year.
For all the success of the various four-guard offenses, teams still need some presence inside to maintain that threat. The "bigs" for the Griz were simply over-matched, with hardly any points or assists. The D played great, holding Michigan to 14 points under their season average for scoring, so the game seemed not out of reach for a long time.

cmtgrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I would like to hear Coach Beilein's take. He's a straight shooter.

catattack said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
catattack said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

Looks like little brother is up way past his bedtime again. Daddy's about to get the belt out.

Couldn’t be more proud of this team. Some nights shots fall. Some nights they don’t and thankfully another year with all this talent makes this loss easier to accept. Thank you coach and players for representing Montana so well. You all have invested so much to be at the level you are. If we played Michigan 7 times I really don’t think we lose 4 times.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
cmtgrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Basically exactly what he said on court post game. They were talking to him about having an off night and he said something to the effect of well first of all credit montana for making that happen.

IdaGriz01 said:
DPGriz said:
Well credit to this team on a great season, even with the loss this year still vastly exceeded expectations. Thanks to Fabs for a great Griz career, he contributed so much, I'm so happy that he got to play in the NCAAs.

We'll miss him next year but we have so much returning that next year is still so exciting, hopefully the experience of this game is informative for the returning players next year.
For all the success of the various four-guard offenses, teams still need some presence inside to maintain that threat. The "bigs" for the Griz were simply over-matched, with hardly any points or assists. The D played great, holding Michigan to 14 points under their season average for scoring, so the game seemed not out of reach for a long time.

Still thinking finding a pure shooter is more important than a big.

i do love the griz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
cmtgrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Basically exactly what he said on court post game. They were talking to him about having an off night and he said something to the effect of well first of all credit montana for making that happen.
I missed the post game comments. Beilein's a great coach and tells it like it is.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
cmtgrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

In his interview after the game, he was asked if his team just had an off night, or something to that effect. And he basically gave credit to the Griz, saying they have a good defense that just gave his Wolverines a lot of trouble.

Back