• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs. Michigan NCAA Game Thread

catattack said:
Good thing they keep showing the band - at least someone from the state of Montana is represented

Sad that you came on egriz tonight just to display your relief that we were losing. Your jealousy shows clearly in this post. You are worried that if we were to win, it would be yet another UM success which for you causes personal pain. As such you let out a sigh of relief when we started to lose and opened up egriz to make your relief public. I hope you feel better. We here at egriz counsel many people from other teams. Take care.

grizindabox said:
IdaGriz01 said:
DPGriz said:
Well credit to this team on a great season, even with the loss this year still vastly exceeded expectations. Thanks to Fabs for a great Griz career, he contributed so much, I'm so happy that he got to play in the NCAAs.

We'll miss him next year but we have so much returning that next year is still so exciting, hopefully the experience of this game is informative for the returning players next year.
For all the success of the various four-guard offenses, teams still need some presence inside to maintain that threat. The "bigs" for the Griz were simply over-matched, with hardly any points or assists. The D played great, holding Michigan to 14 points under their season average for scoring, so the game seemed not out of reach for a long time.

Still thinking finding a pure shooter is more important than a big.

We have him. He's just on the bench. He has to play better D and then he will see the court. But, yes, hopefully we can find someone who will play D as well as he shoots so he can see the court. Go Griz!

PeauxRouge said:
grizindabox said:
IdaGriz01 said:
DPGriz said:
Well credit to this team on a great season, even with the loss this year still vastly exceeded expectations. Thanks to Fabs for a great Griz career, he contributed so much, I'm so happy that he got to play in the NCAAs.

We'll miss him next year but we have so much returning that next year is still so exciting, hopefully the experience of this game is informative for the returning players next year.
For all the success of the various four-guard offenses, teams still need some presence inside to maintain that threat. The "bigs" for the Griz were simply over-matched, with hardly any points or assists. The D played great, holding Michigan to 14 points under their season average for scoring, so the game seemed not out of reach for a long time.

We have him. He's just on the bench. He has to play better D and then he will see the court. But, yes, hopefully we can find someone who will play D as well as he shoots so he can see the court. Go Griz!

Really, we need two guys who can shoot. It would make interior shots so much easier. Bobby, show us you are the shooter that we need you to be next year! You can do it!

PeauxRouge said:
grizindabox said:
IdaGriz01 said:
DPGriz said:

If he just sits on the end of the bench, do you really have him?

grizindabox said:
PeauxRouge said:
grizindabox said:
IdaGriz01 said:

Sure, it means he has the potential and the coaches have see it, too. He just has to put in the effort. We'll see.

I can't wait to see the work these boys put in in the offseason. I think there will be some high motivation to improve on this season.

cmtgrizzly said:
catattack said:
Good thing they keep showing the band - at least someone from the state of Montana is represented

Sad that you came on egriz tonight just to display your relief that we were losing. Your jealousy shows clearly in this post. You are worried that if we were to win, it would be yet another UM success which for you causes personal pain. As such you let out a sigh of relief when we started to lose and opened up egriz to make your relief public. I hope you feel better. We here at egriz counsel many people from other teams. Take care.
thats some mighty fine work right there! :thumb:

PeauxRouge said:
grizindabox said:
PeauxRouge said:
grizindabox said:

Sure, it means he has the potential and the coaches have see it, too. He just has to put in the effort. We'll see.

I can't wait to see the work these boys put in in the offseason. I think there will be some high motivation to improve on this season.

You are much more bullish on him than I am.

grizindabox said:
PeauxRouge said:
grizindabox said:
IdaGriz01 said:

I completely agree that the piece we are missing is the guy that can drill the three in a defenders face and shoot around 40% from three. I dont think shooting ability is why we lost tonight though. We missed layups and short jumpers as well and it wasnt because we cant shoot them. Its because the team was panicking when Michigan came back and quit finding good shots and shot the ones they found with fear that they might miss rather than belief they may go in.

grizindabox said:
Griz, a team full of streaky shooters and all the streaks were bad.

Exactly. What was that, a 7-8 minute drought to start the second half? They went ice cold. Had some good looks, got it down low and just couldn't hit shit. Went cold for too long. Tale of two halves, not to mention the offensive boards...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CFallsGriz said:
grizindabox said:
Griz, a team full of streaky shooters and all the streaks were bad.

Exactly. What was that, a 7-8 minute drought to start the second half? They went ice cold. Had some good looks, got it down low and just couldn't hit shit. Went cold for too long. Tale of two halves, not to mention the offensive boards...

I think the announcers said we made one early in the half and a 10 min drought without a field goal

Reading your own press all week, eGrizzers, then reality bites. Shock and awe. How could that happen? This team needed to play that "man up" BB, that TDC talked about last week, for 40 minutes to pull this off. It didn't. 14 point loss is disappointing, but not unexpected.
Not like 2013, when a certain guard(I think)came out talking sh*t about kicking Syracuse ass, then ended up with the #6 worst ass kicking in NCAA Tournament history(47 pts.). That record is safe. Keep on drinking that KoolAid, sugar coaters. Suits ya! Great season Griz, tuff ending. :thumb: Bring on 2018-2019!

catattack said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
catattack said:
speaking of representing - how's your post season been?

Been awesome - I’ve been touching the brawl of the wild trophy for 2 straight years every time I walk by it? How has your post season been going?

So?

We FONDLED it for what, like 17 seasons before your guys finally broke through...

Kudos!

That aside and this being basketball, focusing on current events and being present.

Pay attention..

statler & waldorf said:
Reading your own press all week, eGrizzers, then reality bites. Shock and awe. How could that happen? This team needed to play that "man up" BB, that TDC talked about last week, for 40 minutes to pull this off. It didn't. 14 point loss is disappointing, but not unexpected.
Not like 2013, when a certain guard(I think)came out talking sh*t about kicking Syracuse ass, then ended up with the #6 worst ass kicking in NCAA Tournament history(47 pts.). That record is safe. Keep on drinking that KoolAid, sugar coaters. Suits ya! Great season Griz, tuff ending. :thumb: Bring on 2018-2019!

Okay, time for all the football posters to stumble back home to the other page and let the basketball posters get back to two-page long thoughtful posts, respectful disagreements and discourse and peace and harmony.

I am still bouncing off the walls from Michael Oguine's RIM ROCKIN' DUNK. :shock: :clap: Leading up to the game I was hoping the high flier would have one, and he delivered!

Montana played their hearts out and represented themselves, their school and their conference very well.

Proud to be a GRIZ.

some of you "fans" , I really question. comments like: ----awful tonite;-----shit the bed; ----keep missing like everyone else; looks like they are playing Syracuse again, shooting and hoping; why not give ----- a chance; (after keeping with the rotation that they used ALL SEASON, yeah , let's change it up tonight?)...many of us are very thankful and shocked just how well this group did play..all year...they were picked 4th in BSC preseason! They beat an ACC team on the road, they were undefeated at home, they were reg season champs and then kicked ass to capture tourney. This group worked all summer to be this good. This group of young men sacrificed personal goals for the team success. This coaching staff worked just as hard and even spent more time to accomplish this championship effort. I and many, many, others believe! Travis' "culture" will succeed , if the U can keep him. Next season could be epic. If this was football and they had this success you would be screaming about the greatness reached.. Wake -up Griz fans , get on board or please just walk away....thank-you Griz players, All the coaches , and the great parents of the players who's support was always noticed! See you next year! :clap:

IntuitiveGriz said:
I am still bouncing off the walls from Michael Oguine's RIM ROCKIN' DUNK. :shock: :clap: Leading up to the game I was hoping the high flier would have one, and he delivered!

Montana played their hearts out and represented themselves, their school and their conference very well.

Proud to be a GRIZ.
Epic!
[tweet]https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status/974499187482968064[/tweet]

Boscoe said:
Montana37 said:
UMcheer2000 said:
Montana37 said:
What’s up with laughing on the bench when we can’t even get to 50 points on the night? Not a good look. Anyway sad way to end season

They’re laughing because Michigan thought they’d blow the Griz out of the water.

They got a battle..
I’d hope they wouldn’t be okay with a 14 point loss but honestly the score is closer than the game felt.

They were probably laughing because Decuire fell down while shuffling.

Yup. Can't really fault them for that. Even coach Wortham was trying to hold back snickering a bit.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AllaireMatt/status/974506414382002176[/tweet]

Ursa Major said:
statler & waldorf said:

Okay, time for all the football posters to stumble back home to the other page and let the basketball posters get back to two-page long thoughtful posts, respectful disagreements and discourse and peace and harmony.

Point out where I'm wrong, with your "respectful disagreements and discourse," 'Big Dipper,' and, of course, "peace and harmony" shall prevail. :lol:

Hot start gives way to cold shooting as Griz season ends against Michigan
https://skylinesportsmt.com/hot-start-gives-way-to-cold-shooting-as-griz-season-ends-against-michigan/

statler & waldorf said:
Ursa Major said:
statler & waldorf said:

Point out where I'm wrong, your "respectful disagreements and discourse," and, of course, "peace and harmony" shall prevail. :lol:

start with this thread
https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79584
citay's discussion of Coach Beilein was spot on. There is more.
So, yes. You. Are. Wrong. Again.

Back