• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs. Michigan NCAA Game Thread

https://twitter.com/montanagrizbb/status/974511212934316033?s=21

Dont know of I did this right but worth watching if it works. Post-game press conference

Come on guys, give Shetland and Wankdrop a break. He comes from the land of preseason National Championships...so he is an expert on reading all the press and crashing back to reality. Preach on Shakey and Wanky....preach on. I would also like to thank you for taking precious time away from, what I am sure is something you personally think is pretty important, like bleaching your anus or waxing your woman friend's upper lip. Thanks again.

I missed TDC going ass over teakettle on the sideline and I wondered what the team was laughing over also. That IS pretty damn funny.

statler & waldorf said:
grizindabox said:
"... like bleaching your anus or waxing your woman friend's upper lip. Thanks again."

You sound like an expert. If you can't correct me on basketball, please show me your expertise in this 'related' area. :roll:

I didn't see any basketball expertise in your original post and I don't see anything related to basketball in the quote for which you are searching for expertise. But once again, thanks for the post, it lets everyone know the Griz envy you have.

The score looks a bit like Michigan's 59-52 win over Texas. Think Michigan made 10 free throws in the last 2:12.

A very good showing by the Griz. Just needed to make a few more baskets, and, of course, didn't need the 10 minute drought.

The D was outstanding. Giving up only 61 points and that small of a spread, with those 10 free throws from intentional fouls, shooting just over 30% and having the 10 minute droughts, is fairly impressive in my book. Note that UM had more steals and fewer turnovers. Didn't have enough assists. 33-36 on rebounds.

Disappointed for the guys, but very proud of them.

Ursa Major said:
catattack said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
catattack said:
Been awesome - I’ve been touching the brawl of the wild trophy for 2 straight years every time I walk by it? How has your post season been going?
so you've been to the Dance 3 times since 1951. Oh, and keep the trophy shiny, Bobby's coming

Who is Bobby? The same chump who got fired from UNLV?

Your guys are delusional. Is Bobby gonna stop your attendance drops? When do you just give in with your second rate educational institution and drop down to NAIA? Perhaps you can compete with Rocky, Carroll, and Western? There are a limited number of liberal arts jobs out there

Looks like little brother is up way past his bedtime again. Daddy's about to get the belt out.

I love when Cat fans come to talk shit about the Griz..while watching the Griz represent our conference in the post season.

Grats to the Grizzlies for playing hard. As a Michigan fan I thought we would win by 25 in an easy game. I did not think the Grizzlies had anyone to match up with Wagner. Yet they had a scheme that took him out completely. That was not just Wagner having a bad game but someone coming up with a great scheme and a team committing to the scheme. I think the 4 guard rotation was a great move for defense. They put a smaller guy on Duncan Robinson and he had maybe two good looks the entire game. Montana also forced 14 TO's which is unheard of to see from a Michigan team. Your defense was so good UM tried to force transition when nothing was there because they were doubting their base sets. To go forward Montana needs to develop something more than an iso guard offense. People were commenting on missed shots. As a former ball player I can tell you when someone is on you are you are a bit off balanced even easy shots can be missed. Someone was talking about needing another long range sniper. But to take advantage you need to move the ball side to side instead of guards thinking they can take their man off the dribble every time. That scheme might have worked against some teams. But the strength of the Michigan D was the perimeter play. I thought Montana not being able to take advantage of Simpson having to sit out the entire 1st half was the biggest key to the game. Jaaron Simmons has struggled to get minutes because he has not been a good defender. I'm trying to figure out how he did not get lit up.

A different first round draw (13-seed) and who knows...oh well. What a great season for the boys and here's to an even better one next year!

hfhmilkman said:
Grats to the Grizzlies for playing hard. As a Michigan fan I thought we would win by 25 in an easy game. I did not think the Grizzlies had anyone to match up with Wagner. Yet they had a scheme that took him out completely. That was not just Wagner having a bad game but someone coming up with a great scheme and a team committing to the scheme. I think the 4 guard rotation was a great move for defense. They put a smaller guy on Duncan Robinson and he had maybe two good looks the entire game. Montana also forced 14 TO's which is unheard of to see from a Michigan team. Your defense was so good UM tried to force transition when nothing was there because they were doubting their base sets. To go forward Montana needs to develop something more than an iso guard offense. People were commenting on missed shots. As a former ball player I can tell you when someone is on you are you are a bit off balanced even easy shots can be missed. Someone was talking about needing another long range sniper. But to take advantage you need to move the ball side to side instead of guards thinking they can take their man off the dribble every time. That scheme might have worked against some teams. But the strength of the Michigan D was the perimeter play. I thought Montana not being able to take advantage of Simpson having to sit out the entire 1st half was the biggest key to the game. Jaaron Simmons has struggled to get minutes because he has not been a good defender. I'm trying to figure out how he did not get lit up.
Thanks for the insights

statler & waldorf said:
Reading your own press all week, eGrizzers, then reality bites. Shock and awe. How could that happen? This team needed to play that "man up" BB, that TDC talked about last week, for 40 minutes to pull this off. It didn't. 14 point loss is disappointing, but not unexpected.
Not like 2013, when a certain guard(I think)came out talking sh*t about kicking Syracuse ass, then ended up with the #6 worst ass kicking in NCAA Tournament history(47 pts.). That record is safe. Keep on drinking that KoolAid, sugar coaters. Suits ya! Great season Griz, tuff ending. :thumb: Bring on 2018-2019!

I guess that I am unaware what press you are referencing. I believe many felt the Griz could win, but I am sure no one is too surprised by the outcome. Have an extra scoop of Bobcat batter, it has been a rough year in Bozo.

hfhmilkman said:

Normally, UM does rotate the ball to get good looks. Usually, UM get a lot of assists. UM doesn't usually rely on the guards to drive, but has this as smaller part of the offense. My view is that UM went to more ISO with the guards, because Michigan was doing something to mess up the other part of the offense. Just my impression; I don't know. Also, Michigan was so big and long, that it impacted our bigs, especially Akoh. His early fouls didn't help either.

It seemed to me that both defenses threw the other team off their games, and some individuals, on both sides, got thrown off their games. Michigan kept UM from getting offensive rebounds. As the game went on, UM was ceding those rebounds to Michigan.

One of the refs was horrible. And he liked to blow his whistle. I hate refs who make calls based on what they assumed happened, even though they didn't actually see what happened.

Heard the UM dance team got about 10 seconds on Sports Center last night.

Latest posts

Back