• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UNI is screwing our SOS

EWURanger29 said:
Paytonlives said:
They have had the hardest schedule in FCS bar none...

False.
So brainiac give us the name of the FCS school that has had a harder schedule.

Iowa state FBS
Montana Top 10 FCS
EWU Top 10 FCS
Southern Illinois 2-3 with loses to FBS Florida Atlantic, top 15 UNI and top 15 South Dakota State
South Dakota 2-3 with loses to Youngstown (top 20)New Mexico (FBS) & North Dakota(top 20) (all road games)

Paytonlives said:
EWURanger29 said:
Paytonlives said:

False.

Iowa state FBS
Montana Top 10 FCS
EWU Top 10 FCS
Southern Illinois 2-3 with loses to FBS Florida Atlantic, top 15 UNI and top 15 South Dakota State
South Dakota 2-3 with loses to Youngstown (top 20)New Mexico (FBS) & North Dakota(top 20) (all road games)

NDSU played a better FBS team (Iowa) also played EWU (top 10) and played CSU (top 10)...

EWU played a better FBS team (wsu) and played the number 1 fcs team and played uni...also opened the season on the road against the big sky preseason favorite

I can look for more teams… But you don't need to go past number one or number four in the country… It's a pretty easy argument

marceagfan5 said:
Paytonlives said:
EWURanger29 said:
Paytonlives said:

False.

Iowa state FBS
Montana Top 10 FCS
EWU Top 10 FCS

NDSU played a better FBS team (Iowa) also played EWU (top 10) and played CSU (top 10)...

EWU played a better FBS team (wsu) and played the number 1 fcs team and played uni...also opened the season on the road against the big sky preseason favorite

I can look for more teams… But you don't need to go past number one or number four in the country… It's a pretty easy argument
not to mention the beat down WSU just handed #7 Stanford at their house.

I knew you would say EWU but really... take off the red glasses. Your schedule is no where near UNI's

North Dakota... yes. But they are the only ones.

3 of EWU's wins (oh and you get the kitties this weekend)
Davis is 1-5
& NAU is 2-4 Beating a div 3 team and the kitties....
Northern Colorado is 3-2 beating Rocky Mountain college, Abilene christian and NAU

Paytonlives said:
I knew you would say EWU but really... take off the red glasses. Your schedule is no where near UNI's

Davis is 1-5
Northern Colorado is 3-2 beating Rocky Mountain college, Abilene christian and NAU

Haha, i'm not going to compare Games against teams that don't have winning records, that's pointless (although Northern Iowas win are against teams with a combined record 3–8)…both eastern and northern Iowa have played some good teams and some bad teams… But no offense, Eastern's games at Washington state and at North Dakota State Trump anything northern Iowa has played…

I'll agree to disagree… The only reason I responded is because you said northern Iowa had the toughest schedule, bar none in the FCS. i'm sure the FCS teams that played two FBS opponents would disagree as well

marceagfan5 said:
Paytonlives said:

Davis is 1-5

Haha, i'm not going to compare Games against teams that don't have winning records, that's pointless…both eastern and northern Iowa have played some good teams and some bad teams… But no offense, Eastern's games at Washington state and at North Dakota State Trump anything northern Iowa has played…

I'll agree to disagree… The only reason I responded is because you said northern Iowa had the toughest schedule, bar none in the FCS. i'm sure the FCS teams that played two FBS opponents would disagree as well

My statement was toughest schedule so far... that would mean ALL games. And no UNI has not played any bad teams EWU has played 3

Paytonlives said:
marceagfan5 said:
Paytonlives said:

Davis is 1-5

Haha, i'm not going to compare Games against teams that don't have winning records, that's pointless…both eastern and northern Iowa have played some good teams and some bad teams… But no offense, Eastern's games at Washington state and at North Dakota State Trump anything northern Iowa has played…

My statement was toughest schedule so far... that would mean ALL games. And no UNI has not played any bad teams EWU has played 3

Haha...ok...

Take A look at Charleston Southerns schedule and let me know if northern Iowa is still tougher...still haven't left the top 10...but I'm done, this argument is dumb, and pointless

marceagfan5 said:
Paytonlives said:
marceagfan5 said:
Paytonlives said:

Davis is 1-5

Haha...ok...

Take A look at Charleston Southerns schedule and let me know if northern Iowa is still tougher...still haven't left the top 10...but I'm done, this argument is dumb, and pointless

Charles southern played Kentucky State and Monmouth... nice try
Yes please take your ball and go home...

Paytonlives said:
marceagfan5 said:
Paytonlives said:
marceagfan5 said:

Haha...ok...

Charles southern played Kentucky State and Monmouth... nice try
Yes please take your ball and go home...

Check out Sagarin http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Schedule strength (smaller is stronger)
Montana = 187
EWU = 119
UNI = 111
Charleston Southern = 53

In spite of the beatdown they took from Montana, SUU could finish 7-1 in conf. if they get by UND this week.

Paytonlives said:

I was going to say Charleston Southern, but actually, EWU's non-conference schedule was every bit as challenging as UNI's going into game 1.

WSU - Coming off a bowl win against Miami. WSU isn't a bad team, either. We just played a near-perfect game to beat them.
NDSU - In Fargo, enough said.
UNI - Not what they were cracked up to be heading into the season, but still a good team.

We then played NAU in Flagstaff (say what you will, they are a different team with Cookus and Butler), a bad team in Davis, and then a mediocre UNC team.

UNI's non-conference included a bad Iowa St. team (they're 1-5), and then two good teams in EWU and Montana. They've since played two mediocre Valley teams in Southern Illinois and South Dakota. It's not really clear to me how they've had far and away the toughest schedule to date. Chuck South clearly has that distinction. NDSU's has been really tough as well.

EWURanger29 said:
Paytonlives said:

I was going to say Charleston Southern, but actually, EWU's non-conference schedule was every bit as challenging as UNI's going into game 1.

WSU - Coming off a bowl win against Miami. WSU isn't a bad team, either. We just played a near-perfect game to beat them.
NDSU - In Fargo, enough said.
UNI - Not what they were cracked up to be heading into the season, but still a good team.

We then played NAU in Flagstaff (say what you will, they are a different team with Cookus and Butler), a bad team in Davis, and then a mediocre UNC team.

UNI's non-conference included a bad Iowa St. team (they're 1-5), and then two good teams in EWU and Montana. They've since played two mediocre Valley teams in Southern Illinois and South Dakota. It's not really clear to me how they've had far and away the toughest schedule to date. Chuck South clearly has that distinction. NDSU's has been really tough as well.

Paytonlives took his ball and went home.

Up to this point Montana has only played two teams with winning records (Cal Poly and Southern Utah) and has a 1-1 record against winning teams. Might not see another team with a winning record until you play EWU in three weeks. There might only be one other team with a winning record after EWU and that would be power house UNC.

SloStang said:
Up to this point Montana has only played two teams with winning records (Cal Poly and Southern Utah) and has a 1-1 record against winning teams. Might not see another team with a winning record until you play EWU in three weeks. There might only be one other team with a winning record after EWU and that would be power house UNC.

As crazy as it sounds I wouldn't be surprised to see UNC pull an upset or two, especially at home, in the second half of the season…

They are better than they are getting credit for

Gatorgriz said:
Mvs defiantly hurt the sos but every team in the country has a game or two a year like that. It was essentially a bye week that counted toward playoffs.

EWU doesn't have any cupcake games this year (unless you count the Bobcats)

Great Day To Be An Eagle said:
Gatorgriz said:
Mvs defiantly hurt the sos but every team in the country has a game or two a year like that. It was essentially a bye week that counted toward playoffs.

EWU doesn't have any cupcake games this year (unless you count the Bobcats)

Definitely count the bobcats.

No doubt there are teams like EWU and NDSU who have had a tougher schedule than Montana. Can't argue that. What I continue to find funny is, posters from other teams runs here to tell us how bad the teams the Griz have played, AFTER they also predicted the Griz would get thumped by those teams. Look at the weekly prediction threads on other fans boards, they ALL predicted UM would lose to both UNI and SUU, and then, AFTER the Griz beat those teams, the same people run here to tell us how bad those teams are. It's hilarious.

Latest posts

Back