• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UNI is screwing our SOS

havgrizfan said:
No doubt there are teams like EWU and NDSU who have had a tougher schedule than Montana. Can't argue that. What I continue to find funny is, posters from other teams runs here to tell us how bad the teams the Griz have played, AFTER they also predicted the Griz would get thumped by those teams. Look at the weekly prediction threads on other fans boards, they ALL predicted UM would lose to both UNI and SUU, and then, AFTER the Griz beat those teams, the same people run here to tell us how bad those teams are. It's hilarious.
If you are talking about me I never predicted a Griz loss on any board. I was just pointing out that the Griz signature win this season is against a team with a losing record half way through the season and only has one win against a team with a winning record.

Damn now our year is over because our SOS isn't high enough. Can we ever catch a break?

Guess I'll start getting the spear shack ready.

SloStang said:
havgrizfan said:
No doubt there are teams like EWU and NDSU who have had a tougher schedule than Montana. Can't argue that. What I continue to find funny is, posters from other teams runs here to tell us how bad the teams the Griz have played, AFTER they also predicted the Griz would get thumped by those teams. Look at the weekly prediction threads on other fans boards, they ALL predicted UM would lose to both UNI and SUU, and then, AFTER the Griz beat those teams, the same people run here to tell us how bad those teams are. It's hilarious.
If you are talking about me I never predicted a Griz loss on any board. I was just pointing out that the Griz signature win this season is against a team with a losing record half way through the season and only has one win against a team with a winning record.

Slostang, defintiely not directed you. You hold the crown as easily the best opposing fan poster on Egriz in my opinion. The comment was directed initially at a select few MSU posters, who, on their own board, pick against the Griz every week, and claim how good the opposing team is, only to come back a few days later and tell us how bad the same team actually was and that the Griz still suck. LOL. That's been going on for years. It also wasn't really directed at EWU fans either. They come on here and tell us how bad the teams the Griz play suck, even though they play some of the same teams, but my comment about weekly predictions on their fan board board wasn't directed at them because they don't have a fan board that I'm aware of. :p

marceagfan5 said:
Paytonlives said:
EWURanger29 said:
Paytonlives said:
They have had the hardest schedule in FCS bar none...

False.
So brainiac give us the name of the FCS school that has had a harder schedule.

Iowa state FBS
Montana Top 10 FCS
EWU Top 10 FCS
Southern Illinois 2-3 with loses to FBS Florida Atlantic, top 15 UNI and top 15 South Dakota State
South Dakota 2-3 with loses to Youngstown (top 20)New Mexico (FBS) & North Dakota(top 20) (all road games)

NDSU played a better FBS team (Iowa) also played EWU (top 10) and played CSU (top 10)...

EWU played a better FBS team (wsu) and played the number 1 fcs team and played uni...also opened the season on the road against the big sky preseason favorite

I can look for more teams… But you don't need to go past number one or number four in the country… It's a pretty easy argument

Hard to argue with that.

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Who effin' cares? If Griz win, then it will take care of itself.
Except if UND keeps winning. The remainder of their sched is pretty easy the way they've been playin.

Oct 15 Southern Utah
Oct 22 @ Idaho St
Oct 29 Weber St
Nov 5 @ Northern Colorado
Nov 12 Northern Arizona

At UNC might be their tuffest game if Cookus isn't back for their finale. That would mean another BSC championship handed on a platter to someone who didn't earn it on the field. At least we will still make the playoffs and get our shot at them then.

I'm gonna go out on a sturdy limb and say that UND loses two of those games.
I kinda think the same thing, and I think NC just may be one of the teams to do it. They are the perfect trap game team

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Lost to USD today :?

We need to win out to get a good seed heading into playoffs.

Let's win the Big Sky while were at it

#OwnTheSky
#BOOMtheState

Is their win over Iowa State screwing us too?

kemajic said:
In spite of the beatdown they took from Montana, SUU could finish 7-1 in conf. if they get by UND this week.

I think we're rooting for SUU big time. We need UND to lose.

Zirg said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Lost to USD today :?

We need to win out to get a good seed heading into playoffs.

Let's win the Big Sky while were at it

#OwnTheSky
#BOOMtheState

Is their win over Iowa State screwing us too?

a win over NDSU or EWU would have been better for our SOS honestly. NDSU is still a possibility

Just win every game the rest of the way and this SOS means nothing! Take care of ourselves first!

reinell30 said:
Just win every game the rest of the way and this SOS means nothing! Take care of ourselves first!

Agreed. I'm ready to see the Griz stay in the friendly confines through the semis again.

Interesting year in the MVFC . NDSU could potentially lose to SDSU and UNI this year. Sdsu and UNI could still end up missing the playoffs even with a bison win. This scenario could really open the door for a team like SHSU or EWU or Montana to stay home throughout playoffs and send NDSU on the road. Probably will not happen and a two loss NDSU will still get a 3-4 seed anyways. Just interesting to think about

Mavman said:
Interesting year in the MVFC . NDSU could potentially lose to SDSU and UNI this year. Sdsu and UNI could still end up missing the playoffs even with a bison win. This scenario could really open the door for a team like SHSU or EWU or Montana to stay home throughout playoffs and send NDSU on the road. Probably will not happen and a two loss NDSU will still get a 3-4 seed anyways. Just interesting to think about
NDSU won't lose 2 times and even if they did they still would get a seed and possibly a good seed. That being said NDSU will most likely win out.

alabamagrizzly said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Except if UND keeps winning. The remainder of their sched is pretty easy the way they've been playin.

Oct 15 Southern Utah
Oct 22 @ Idaho St
Oct 29 Weber St
Nov 12 Northern Arizona

At UNC might be their tuffest game if Cookus isn't back for their finale. That would mean another BSC championship handed on a platter to someone who didn't earn it on the field. At least we will still make the playoffs and get our shot at them then.

If UND can go 9-2, and 8-0 in conference, how would they have not earned the BSC? No we don't play the Grizz or E. Wash, but we also didn't play St. Francis or Mississippi Valley. Check Sagarin and our strength of schedules are very comparable, UND it actually slightly higher.

I'm not saying UND will win out, but if we do, it will absolutely be earned. If that were to happen UND would be 5pts from being undefeated. A blocked punt for a TD at Stony Brook, and going for 2pts and the win at Bowling Green. Definitely nice to be having this kind of discussion about UND football, compared to a few years back when our old coach drove the program into the ground.

siouxfan512 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Oct 15 Southern Utah
Oct 22 @ Idaho St
Oct 29 Weber St
Nov 12 Northern Arizona

If UND can go 9-2, and 8-0 in conference, how would they have not earned the BSC? No we don't play the Grizz or E. Wash, but we also didn't play St. Francis or Mississippi Valley. Check Sagarin and our strength of schedules are very comparable, UND it actually slightly higher.

I'm not saying UND will win out, but if we do, it will absolutely be earned. If that were to happen UND would be 5pts from being undefeated. A blocked punt for a TD at Stony Brook, and going for 2pts and the win at Bowling Green. Definitely nice to be having this kind of discussion about UND football, compared to a few years back when our old coach drove the program into the ground.

You loss to Stony Brook...youre about to lose to SUU..and you will finish arguably the easiest Big Sky schedule in conference history with 4 losses.....Thats why you shouldnt be seeded

BadlandsGrizFan said:
siouxfan512 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Oct 15 Southern Utah
Oct 22 @ Idaho St
Oct 29 Weber St
Nov 12 Northern Arizona

You loss to Stony Brook...youre about to lose to SUU..and you will finish arguably the easiest Big Sky schedule in conference history with 4 losses.....Thats why you shouldnt be seeded

Easy buddy, what's the problem.

Yeah, we lost to Stony Brook .... so did Richmond, and it wasn't even close. SBU is playing better, though I don't see them winning their conference. MT played St. Francis and Missippi Valley; would you call either of those big time wins? I admit, I thought winning at UNI was solid for MT, but UNI decided they were going to be terrible thus far this season and have also lost to E. Wash and South Dakota. UNI may still lose another 4 games this year, so that can't really be a signature win on the year.

I'm not saying UND will be seeded, but IF, and again that is a big IF, UND wins out, I don't think winning the BSC would have exactly been handed to them either. Again, their SOS works out to about the same as Montana's. We'll see how that changes throughout the second half of the season. Also worth noting UND doesn't get a bye until the end of the season, so even if we are playing "easiest schedule in Big Sky history", as you put it, we're doing so pretty banged up.

Didn't realize we were going to lose to SUU this weekend either. I'll call the coach and let him know they don't need to play. C'mon man, you know as well as I do, anyone can win any given Saturday. Poly beat you, We beat Poly, and if we traveled to MT this year, the Griz could very well beat us (I like our defense a lot, but you guys have a tremendous offense; Gustafson is a lot of fun to watch). Matchups play a huge part in all of these conference games.

siouxfan512 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
siouxfan512 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Oct 15 Southern Utah
Oct 22 @ Idaho St
Oct 29 Weber St
Nov 12 Northern Arizona

Yeah, we lost to Stony Brook .... so did Richmond, and it wasn't even close. SBU is playing better, though I don't see them winning their conference. MT played St. Francis and Missippi Valley; would you call either of those big time wins? I admit, I thought winning at UNI was solid for MT, but UNI decided they were going to be terrible thus far this season and have also lost to E. Wash and South Dakota. UNI may still lose another 4 games this year, so that can't really be a signature win on the year.

I'm not saying UND will be seeded, but IF, and again that is a big IF, UND wins out, I don't think winning the BSC would have exactly been handed to them either. Again, their SOS works out to about the same as Montana's. We'll see how that changes throughout the second half of the season. Also worth noting UND doesn't get a bye until the end of the season, so even if we are playing "easiest schedule in Big Sky history", as you put it, we're doing so pretty banged up.

Didn't realize we were going to lose to SUU this weekend either. I'll call the coach and let him know they don't need to play. C'mon man, you know as well as I do, anyone can win any given Saturday. Poly beat you, We beat Poly, and if we traveled to MT this year, the Griz could very well beat us (I like our defense a lot, but you guys have a tremendous offense; Gustafson is a lot of fun to watch). Matchups play a huge part in all of these conference games.

I certainly won't say that you wouldn't have earned the title if you go 8-0 in conference, but our respective non-conference schedules have nothing to do with said title.

Htowngriz said:
siouxfan512 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
siouxfan512 said:

I certainly won't say that you wouldn't have earned the title if you go 8-0 in conference, but our respective non-conference schedules have nothing to do with said title.

True, but even our conference schedule is almost identical. Yes, MT plays EWU, while we play Weber (who is having a solid season thus far), but again, its not this huge glaring difference. Its a 1 game difference; but according to BLGriz, it is the easiest schedule in conference history. Seems to be a bit exaggerated to me.

siouxfan512 said:
Htowngriz said:
siouxfan512 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

True, but even our conference schedule is almost identical. Yes, MT plays EWU, while we play Weber (who is having a solid season thus far), but again, its not this huge glaring difference. Its a 1 game difference; but according to BLGriz, it is the easiest schedule in conference history. Seems to be a bit exaggerated to me.

What most people are getting at is the fact that when a Big Sky program avoids having to play both Montana and Eastern Washington in the same season (who are year-in and year-out the toughest programs in the Big Sky), then it's pretty easy to win the Big Sky. Southern Utah had that advantage last year and benefited from it, this year UND has this advantage and benefits from it. Yes, SUU "earned it" last year by winning on the field and UND has an opportunity to "earn it" this year, but Montana and EWU are unfortunately screwed because they have to play each other every year while other programs get to completely avoid them.

Back