• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vernon Adams transferring to Oregon?

Interesting if they want him for the one year. Seems like another transition that may be avoided if they are able to find a sophomore or even a junior that has potential. I guess they figure they have a fair amount of talent with the rest of the team and have a shot at going far again under Adams.

I think he would do fine....think. I would rather see him go to see how he would stack up as opposed to having him stay just so we have another shot at beating EWU led by him.

marceagfan5 said:
havgrizfan said:
Marc, I can promise you this is more than just Egriz rumor mill. I'm not by any means saying VA will leave EWU, but I know for a fact Washington would take him in a heartbeat, and he will be eligible to play FBS next fall if he indeed walks through graduation this spring.

Hav - I don't disagree and if Adams has the chance to start for a good Pac 12 school then he'd be crazy not to take it. He is on track to graduate this spring so he can enroll at a school after that as long as it offers a degree EWU doesn't. But...the likelihood of this actually happening is extremely small...

:lol: :lol:

w5boCr4.png

http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2014-15/releases/15atTransferStatement

Eastern Washington University Athletic Department Statement Regarding NCAA Transfer Rules

Jan 29, 2015
“The NCAA instituted the ability for student-athletes who finish their undergraduate degree the ability to complete their eligibility at another institution should they successfully enroll in a graduate program that does not exist at his/her current institution.”

“In regards to this rule, Eastern handles each situation on a case-by-case basis. We either allow or not allow a student-athlete to discuss the possibilities with a prospective institution, and then, should that option progress further, determine whether or not to release them to pursue the opportunity to complete their eligibility at another institution. In the current situation that has arisen recently, we have granted the ability for our student-athlete to explore what opportunities may exist.”

“When we recruit, retain and develop student-athletes, we first and foremost ask them to earn their college degree. Should they achieve that and have opportunities -- whether based on current NCAA transfer rules or potentially in a professional setting -- we do our best to try and support them in what is in the best interest of their future. Our desire is also for our student-athletes to complete their eligibility at Eastern, given the education, investment and support that our University community, athletic department and coaching staffs have provided them.”

“Given the current transfer rules that are in place and the desires of other institutions to utilize them to their advantage, we will continue to try and do what is in the best interests for our student-athletes, knowing that their education is our primary role.”

The EWU Athletic Department will make no other statements unless there is any further information to announce.

grizcountry420 said:
I don't see why eastern fans are so butt hurt anyways...

:shit:

I have heard stories about the meth parties...would explain the 'butt hurt" thing...true story

CDAGRIZ said:
ewusisterfan said:
Bertram said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best thing i've seen on EGriz.... hate it but still very funny!

Did someone forget which account he was in? Hey Shoota Sista! Jacked for Eugene?

Did I get called a he because you think I'm my brother? I hate to break it to you but he doesn't browse forums - only me :) He did find the pic amusing tho

ewusisterfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ewusisterfan said:
Bertram said:

Did someone forget which account he was in? Hey Shoota Sista! Jacked for Eugene?

Did I get called a he because you think I'm my brother? I hate to break it to you but he doesn't browse forums - only me :) He did find the pic amusing tho

You don't have to hate to break it to me. Don't beat yourself up about it. Are you jacked for Eugene?

CDAGRIZ said:
ewusisterfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ewusisterfan said:

You don't have to hate to break it to me. Don't beat yourself up about it. Are you jacked for Eugene?

I'm not going to Eugene, he is so i'm not jacked for anything. I would like him to stay in Cheney.

Damn, I be he will be bummed that you aren't going to watch him play in Eugene. Is Oregon at UCLA or USC next year? Maybe you can watch him then. Good luck!

I think sister fan should change her screen name to Tboz or Chilli to keep it real.

cf12be6d0d58a00cc6214a8c621d645a.jpg

Just messin with ya BW.[emoji6]

Back